Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hi can anyone help with rng in burned tower hg/ss raikou entei. when exactly do i save before doing frame advancement i've read about several different places. do i save by ladder just before going down to the roamers in the basement or go down ladder into basement take 2 steps towards them and save on steps down to them ie.just before they twitch and flee. thanks just wanted some advice as without hm fly i can't check if i do everything correct on frame advancements or though i can rng them after beating elite four again but just wanted to get one roamer done earlier. cheers
You save right before you take the last step to make them twitch and flee.

I'm attempting to abuse my ID's in Platinum as well...the problem I'm having is that Pandora's Box is showing my target delay as 6522, but when I put my seed into the simple seed to TID/SID calculator at the top, it shows the delay as 6534.

I've managed to hit both delays, but I'm not getting the ID/SID combo I'm aiming for (TID 00338 SID 47179).
By "simple seed to TID/SID calculator", do you mean seed to time? If not, take your seed, paste it into Seed to Time (4th gen Tools -> Seed to Time) and the delay should be the same. If you did that and it's not the same, paste the seed here please. I'll try it on my computer.

I'm attempting Emerald PID abuse. What's a plausible base calibration value? Is the only way to find my SID Pal Parking a Pokémon to Gen IV and then checking it using Pokécheck?
Well, I'm not sure what plausible means (sorry I don't have a wide vocabulary D:) but common ones are 19 and 20, so if eepid.exe gives you a number around there, that would seem correct.

And, yeah, I think the only way is pal parking a Pokemon and uploading it to Pokecheck or trading it to someone with an AR to check it for you. Or if you have a GBA cheating device I think that would work :p

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I'm consistently getting values of around 504-516. O.o
Are you generating the egg in the Day-Care building? If not that's why. You have to do it there to get a consistent value. 19 no roamer, 20 roaming roamer. Assuming retail cart.

There is a cheat device code to reveal the SID of a pokemon but eh... easier to use Pokecheck.

By "simple seed to TID/SID calculator", do you mean seed to time? If not, take your seed, paste it into Seed to Time (4th gen Tools -> Seed to Time) and the delay should be the same. If you did that and it's not the same, paste the seed here please. I'll try it on my computer.
Yes, I get the same delay (6522). But when I hit that delay, I don't get my desired results.

Are you generating the egg in the Day-Care building? If not that's why. You have to do it there to get a consistent value. 19 no roamer, 20 roaming roamer. Assuming retail cart.
I stand in front of the day care lady, then use a Max Repel. I deposit my two Spinda parents, then walk around inside until the Max Repel wears off. I take four more steps, then save the game. I SR, and as soon as I press A to continue my save file, I hold "Down" to take the next step. I then exit the day care, and if the man has an egg, I take it and hatch it. Am I doing anything wrong?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well... Determining the exact location of the spots on Spinda is really difficult. If you can upload the spinda to Pokecheck to get the exact PID it would be simpler.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah I forgot to mention you should compare the PID you get from the Spinda Painter with the nature and gender of the Spinda. By doing a couple calculations you can determine if the PID make sense.

Come to think of it I should add that to my guide... decimal PID mod 25 gives the nature value to use in that table, and decimal PID mod 256 yields the raw gender value. Spinda is 50/50 so 0-126 is female while 127-255 is male.

Edit: Added to my guide in the 6th step under Calibration.

Seems like everyone is doing 3rd gen RNG nowadays. I want to give it a shot myself, mainly because I've felt like playing a 3rd Gen game for a long time.. haven't played one since DP came out. Question is, is there a difference between R/S and Emerald? Which game should I get? Or does it not matter.

Seems like everyone is doing 3rd gen RNG nowadays. I want to give it a shot myself, mainly because I've felt like playing a 3rd Gen game for a long time.. haven't played one since DP came out. Question is, is there a difference between R/S and Emerald? Which game should I get? Or does it not matter.
I'm gonna assume you're talking about a cart here.
R/S Pros:
Abusable ID/SID.
Slowest possible Weather god, depending on which you get.
Cons:
NEEDS to have a dead battery.
Lack of Tutor moves.

Emerald Pros:
Synchonize.
Tutors.
Can have a live or dead battery.
Cons:
Can't abuse ID or SID on a cart.

tl:dr Emerald, unless you really want your own shiny lvl 45 Kyogre.

Yes, I get the same delay (6522). But when I hit that delay, I don't get my desired results.
If you hit your delay but you didn't get the right ID, then you probably aren't hitting the correct date/time. Also, how are you confirming that you hit your delay? If you're using PBox, and it tells you that you hit your delay, check the time/date it said you hit. You're supposed to pick a time/date to hit that's listed in Seed to Time at the top.

So I'm trying to rng roamers in Heart Gold. Is there any way to verify that I've hit my seed and delay while I'm in the elite four? I don't want to have to rebattle the elite four and rekill my roamers every time my delay is off. how do I check if I've hit the right delay if I can't call irwin or prof elm, and I've killed off my roamers?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I'm trying to rng roamers in Heart Gold. Is there any way to verify that I've hit my seed and delay while I'm in the elite four? I don't want to have to rebattle the elite four and rekill my roamers every time my delay is off. how do I check if I've hit the right delay if I can't call irwin or prof elm, and I've killed off my roamers?
Is going to be easier if you RNG them one at the time.
Here is how:
1. Kill the roamers you want to RNG and leave the other two roaming.
2.Take 2 chattots with a customized chatter with you + other pokemon to defeat the elite four.
3. Save before you battle Lance, a step before you're forced to battle him.
4.On the seed to times windows, which will look something like this:

Fill the following information:

5.Save the game and try to hit your delay. To see if you hit your delay use the roamers method. This is done by telling RNG where the roamers are located when you load the game. /ignore pink arrow here.

6.Advance frame 'till one prior your target frame and battle Lance.
7. Look for your roamer and check IVs/Nature. If you got it don't capture since you'll most likely need it to RNG the Other roamers.

okay cool! I'll give that a try. So my frame should be off by one before I battle lance then? Like if I'm aiming for frame 4, then I should stop frame advancing at 3 and go into battle?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
okay cool! I'll give that a try. So my frame should be off by one before I battle lance then? Like if I'm aiming for frame 4, then I should stop frame advancing at 3 and go into battle?
You got it! :) Also keep in mind that the roamers will advance your frames so you don't end up 2 frames above your target frame. If your target frame is 4 and you have two roamers in the wild you would only need to advance the frame once. A single view at Chattot's summary will do. Good luck!

Ok
this shit
is pissing me the fuck off

like for real
I cannot for the life of me hit my god fucking delay.
Well actually, I did.

So I went through the whole process of getting to the TV wait screen and then I press A at the last tick of the EonTimer. I go into the game and check my ID (14762). I plug this into Pandora's Box and it tells me I hit my delay (8288). However, the ID I was aiming for is 49999, not 14762. So I plug the ID/SID I got into the Time Finder. I get the spreads I want, but not shiny. So I plug in 49999 into the "ID Obtained" feature in PB and it tells me my ACTUAL delay is 8279. what the fuck. What is going on?
I think there's something wrong with Pandora's Box, I really do. Before the last Reporter update it took me only 6 tries to hit my ID/SID previously. (I scrapped that ID because I wanted better shiny spreads). I did not have any problems with PB either until this last update.
Is it me or the program? I feel like I'm timing everything SPOT ON, and I NEVER hit my delay.
I've been at this bullshit for 3 fucking days. I want to end it asap.

Ok
this shit
is pissing me the fuck off

like for real
I cannot for the life of me hit my god fucking delay.
Well actually, I did.

So I went through the whole process of getting to the TV wait screen and then I press A at the last tick of the EonTimer. I go into the game and check my ID (14762). I plug this into Pandora's Box and it tells me I hit my delay (8288). However, the ID I was aiming for is 49999, not 14762. So I plug the ID/SID I got into the Time Finder. I get the spreads I want, but not shiny. So I plug in 49999 into the "ID Obtained" feature in PB and it tells me my ACTUAL delay is 8279. what the fuck. What is going on?
I think there's something wrong with Pandora's Box, I really do. Before the last Reporter update it took me only 6 tries to hit my ID/SID previously. (I scrapped that ID because I wanted better shiny spreads). I did not have any problems with PB either until this last update.
Is it me or the program? I feel like I'm timing everything SPOT ON, and I NEVER hit my delay.
I've been at this bullshit for 3 fucking days. I want to end it asap.
Firstly chill man, I realize this is frustrating(especially because it's most likely just a bug with the new reporter), but in the end this is just a game and nothing to go bald over(please don't pull your hair out XD).

Now for future abuses of your ID/SID I recommend that you use an Older version of rng reporter(I still use 8.3 cuz I'm a dinosaur and hate the new stuff in 9.5), as well it's always a good idea to do what you did in the future to confirm your delay is actually what the reporter says.

Other than that you are doing everything right so remember patience and persistent, this isn't 5th gen where everything is easy peazy lemon queasy.

Firstly chill man, I realize this is frustrating(especially because it's most likely just a bug with the new reporter), but in the end this is just a game and nothing to go bald over(please don't pull your hair out XD).

Now for future abuses of your ID/SID I recommend that you use an Older version of rng reporter(I still use 8.3 cuz I'm a dinosaur and hate the new stuff in 9.5), as well it's always a good idea to do what you did in the future to confirm your delay is actually what the reporter says.

Other than that you are doing everything right so remember patience and persistent, this isn't 5th gen where everything is easy peazy lemon queasy.
Yeah I know I'm overreacting but this is the only game I'm playing atm (haven't gotten any new games recently) so I've been at this for awhile. I've rnged the id before but it was just soooo much easier in my last attempt.
Although I took your advice and switched over to an older version, 9.92. In my first attempt i was +1 off my Target :/
Gonna keep goin' at it...

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find out...so can anyone please tell me what the encounter slots for these spreads are in FR/LG?

439755428F 7b76b422 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/20/31/12/31/31 (Seed: 64000239 Frame: 4337) HP GRASS 58

1498422004F a0988c24 (IMPISH, ability 0) 31/21/31/5/31/31 (Seed: d70d0062 Frame: 958) HP DARK 58

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)