Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I am not sure if they is a guide but how do I RNG the legendary birds/Cresselia/Mesprit roamers in DPPt? I have never RNG'd them before so I would like to know the steps. Thanks if someone can help me :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I am not sure if they is a guide but how do I RNG the legendary birds/Cresselia/Mesprit roamers in DPPt? I have never RNG'd them before so I would like to know the steps. Thanks if someone can help me :)
It's not that different than the stationary really. Here are the most important stuff to keep in mind:
1. They are generated under method 1 not J.
2.Their IVs/Nature/Shininess is generated when you talk to them on their respective island.
3.They can't be synchronized.
4.???
5.I think that's it.

Just save in front of them, hit your delay and advance the frame. Stop 5 frames prior your target frame and release them. Find them in the wild and capture them, I would recommend not saving until you capture and know for sure it's the one you like because you can't just beat the Elite 4 to battle them again. :)

I want to RNG for a Makuhita in Pokemon HeartGold at Cerulean Cave B1F using Hoenn Sound. How exactly does the Hoenn Sound affect the RNG? Does it cause it to advance the frames wildly or (hopefully) cause no effect at all?

Just save radio on, that slice thing on middle. It advances frame by none or one. You need to check it.
thank you! I've only ever RNG'd stationary legends/gift Pokemon in HGSS (not in any other game either), so RNGing a wild Pokemon a new thing for me.

EDIT: I want to be absolutely sure I'm doing this the right way. The seed I want to get is CB0F046C and I'm trying to hit a delay of 1120, and I need to advance the frame to 33. I want to capture a Brave Makuhita at B1F of the Cerulean Cave (encounter slot 4). I am standing without a bike or Pokemon following me. My radio is already set to the Pokemon Music channel for Hoenn sound. I am leading with a Synchronize Brave Abra and have a Tropius for Sweet Scent. I am verifying my seed with the Elm responses. My Pokegear automatically opens up to the Radio with the Hoenn Sound playing. Since I'm in a cave, the Radio shouldn't advance my RNG.

Once I finally hit my delay, I will call Elm a total of 32 times to advance the frame to 33. Then, I will Sweet Scent. When I first Sweet Scent, if I hit the right seed/delay and advanced it the right number of frames, I should definitely encounter the Makuhita I am looking for, right? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could check the process I listed above to make sure I am going about this the right way. Thank you!

EDIT: turns out all I had to do was just test it. From the trial run I did, the procedure above works, so if anyone else is new to RNGing a wild Pokemon, this is the way to go.

Is there any program with a PID to frame function for 3rd gen?

It would make finding one's current frame in FRLG a lot less time consuming.

[not April Fools]

I don't know whether this goes as far as RNG but hey it's certainly something pressing on my mind:

Surely the damage formula given by smogon here:
Damage Formula = (((((((Level × 2 ÷ 5) + 2) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk ÷ 50) ÷ [Sp]Def) × Mod1) + 2) × CH × Mod2 × R ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1 × Type2 × Mod3)
... can be simplified to:

Damage Formula = ((((Level × 2 ÷ 5) + 2) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk × Mod1 ÷ (50 × [Sp]Def) + 2) × CH × Mod2 × R ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1 × Type2 × Mod3)
Ok, so I say that knowing that it can be simplified to that but the only difference I can see is that one would be rounding down in different places and that is the only difference that this makes. Infact it's a whole 4 points of difference (which is a lot).

So I would like to know whether Smogoners looked into the programing for this or whether they tried to work it out manually.

Because I'm kind of worried that all the damage calculators are off slightly.

It seems slightly odd to me that 'Mod1' would be kept separate from the other attack modifiers.

I just want to be assured that the formula on Smogon is 100% correct.

(Sorry for questioning almightly X-Act, Kaphotics and Peterko *bows*)

[/not April Fools]

I was wondering if anyone had a translated version of the Pokemon Emerald Spreadsheet? The one linked in the guide is broken and I am unsure of how to translate the random gibberish into natures. This could really help me out, thanks!

It's for the broken Pokemon RNG. I figured out my Shiny frame, and I'm trying to figure out how close I am. The link to the translated spread sheet is broken and they have a link to the untranslated one however the natures are all in, essentially, gibberish and it's extremely difficult to determine which framerate I'm looking for with just the IVs.

4th gen (Platinum) RNG question here.

So, I'm fairly to new to RNG'ing. What I am wondering is why I can't seem to hit the IV spread I am always trying to hit on my azelf. After about 10-15 tries, I finally hit my seed as confirmed by my coin flips (T, H, H, T, T, T, T, T, H, T). While I was excited, I knew I had plenty of journal flips to do.

This is where my question comes up. In the below pic, I have several target frames listed. Do I just pick any one of the several listed? Or do I go by that 'occidentary' column? I tried to go for 1696 steps (no roamers) and after my flips, i walked exactly 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance the frame to 3398.

Does anyone see anything that I did wrong? When I caught Azelf, it had horrid IV's and a relaxed nature. The seed that I was shooting for (and hit), should have given me a Jolly nature with a spread of 31/31/31/x/30/31.

Any pointers? Did I do everything right except for maybe miscounting 1696 journal flips?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Azelf is a stationary pokemon not a wild one. You're also shooting for a hell of a high frame ;-; I'm sure you can fame another spread a t a lower frame :>

Azelf is a stationary pokemon not a wild one. You're also shooting for a hell of a high frame ;-; I'm sure you can fame another spread a t a lower frame :>
Yes, I realized my mistake of not clicking stationary instead of wild. 0_0

Also, that is the lowest frame I have been able to find for a near flawless azelf. I am using seeds from some huge list that I downloaded from somewhere. Is there an easier way to find lower frames without plugging in each seed I like one by one?

I want to RNG a hatched Munchlax in HG--I've never RNG'd for bred Pokemon before so bear with me. I need to have my Snorlax hold a Full Incense in order to get Munchlax--will using this item affect the RNG?

Is it possible to RNG abuse using emulator? (Standard abuse)
I dumped my DS firmware/bios and loaded up on desmume.
Followed bearsfans instructions but the parameter finder doesnt find any results..
(asked in the rng abuse thread, but no one answered)
Detailed info please?

The reason I wanna abuse on the emulator is because my DS touchscreen and ds slot doesnt work. However I was able to backup my DS lite firmware :)

Will be sending it off to repair once I have some money, in the meanwhile, I could RNG on emulator, if its possible that is.

Alright I am losing my mind. I am in the game corner and trying to RNG Porygon. My frame is 195 so naturally I get to frame 194 and proceed to buy the Porygon, but I get the Porygon on frame 196. So I do it again but on 193, and what do you know! I get a Porygon that's on frame 196. So I try frame 192, but this time I get a Porygon that's on frame 194 :/. What the hell should I do? This is the first time it has ever happened to me. From what I can see the NPCs do not move whatsoever.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Alright I am losing my mind. I am in the game corner and trying to RNG Porygon. My frame is 195 so naturally I get to frame 194 and proceed to buy the Porygon, but I get the Porygon on frame 196. So I do it again but on 193, and what do you know! I get a Porygon that's on frame 196. So I try frame 192, but this time I get a Porygon that's on frame 194 :/. What the hell should I do? This is the first time it has ever happened to me. From what I can see the NPCs do not move whatsoever.
What time is the frame on? If it's close to midnight maybe the clock is rolling over the next day and therefore advancing your frame? I would just try once more and if it doesn't work just move to another seed.

What time is the frame on? If it's close to midnight maybe the clock is rolling over the next day and therefore advancing your frame? I would just try once more and if it doesn't work just move to another seed.
The seed is at 14:58:20 so that's not the case. I guess I will just breed because that is the only seed I could find for HP fighting.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to RNG abuse using emulator? (Standard abuse)
yeah.

emu rng
kazo's legendary RNG on emulator

Learning emuRNG is mostly adjusting to the emulator style of RNG, granted you have a firm understanding of RNG in the first place. For gen 5 emulator RNG (this thread isn't targeted for it), you'd want to find your parameters first like on the DS, and we don't help with that @smogon. Emulators certainly help you learn how cool the RNG really is, since you get to see all of the numbers in action!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't matter due to the 3rd gen roaming glitch (doesn't affect Emerald) but it's when you press A at the last line of the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)