Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So what set of instructions do i use (the articles by mingot)? im new to rng so im not sure.

to find a seed, you need to capture a pokemon, correct? so how do i find a seed without capturing one, since you can't before you get your starter?

That was weird, ended up with a weird spread with Regirock.

Nature: Impish, looked like Frame 16 or 38

I was going for:
Seed: AD01028C
Frame: 19
Nature: Relaxed
Spread: 30/31/30/31/30/31

Is there anything weird about Regirock's room I need to worry about, or did I just stuff it somehow?

-James

So what set of instructions do i use (the articles by mingot)? im new to rng so im not sure.

to find a seed, you need to capture a pokemon, correct? so how do i find a seed without capturing one, since you can't before you get your starter?
Find a seed by using the Time Finder in RNG Reporter. I think you should try a simpler type of RNG abuse before you try your starter.

But, yeah, you would use the onsite guides (they're kind of outdated but that's ok). Ask any questions here if the guides confuse you.

No you don't :/ Eon Timer does that for you. There's no need to calibrate anymore.

That was weird, ended up with a weird spread with Regirock.

Nature: Impish, looked like Frame 16 or 38

I was going for:
Seed: AD01028C
Frame: 19
Nature: Relaxed
Spread: 30/31/30/31/30/31

Is there anything weird about Regirock's room I need to worry about, or did I just stuff it somehow?

-James
Hmm. I doubt there's anything different about Regirock's room. Just try again and make sure you count correctly.

Princess of Johto said:
Hmm. I doubt there's anything different about Regirock's room. Just try again and make sure you count correctly.
Yeah, I stuffed it. I put in Method 1 instead of Method J. Oops.

Thanks again.

-James

Just to know: Does using the Sqirtle Can on Sudowoodo in HG/SS advance the frame? We recall having seen a list of actions advancing the frame somewhere, but we are kinda lost in Google Search.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
It doesn't advance the frame.Wandering NPCs,walking,calling Elm, Irwing and Joe, hearing a customized chatter, some radio stations, and roamers are the most common ways to advance the frames.

i'm trying to catch a physical flawless adamant larvitar on hg. my seed is f6090220 target delay 532 and frame 254. my initial delay is 491 (13 seconds delay). i'm using a 3ds and my problem is that no matter how often i try to hit the target delay, i still end up on my normal delay. zomgtimer and rngreporter are up to date. what do i do wrong?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i'm trying to catch a physical flawless adamant larvitar on hg. my seed is f6090220 target delay 532 and frame 254. my initial delay is 491 (13 seconds to boot). i'm using a 3ds and my problem is that no matter how often i try to hit the target delay, i still end up on my normal delay. zomgtimer and rngreporter are up to date. what do i do wrong?
Just a hunch...but does your second countdown end before you can even get to the menu? If so, then find another seed: that delay is too close to your calibrated delay.

I'm trying to wild RNG a shiny Frillish. It's at Frame 86 and requires a male lead (25% Female). I've got my starting frame of 52 and have to advance 35 times. When I finally get my right second, the target Frillish isn't shiny, but has the Bold nature, the correct ability and IVs. There aren't any Bold frames that are close by.

What am I doing wrong?

Just a hunch...but does your second countdown end before you can even get to the menu? If so, then find another seed: that delay is too close to your calibrated delay.
tried it (new seed 3603150b), now my delay changes but elms responses are not in the adjacent finder. does hgss rng even work on the 3ds?

I'm trying to wild RNG a shiny Frillish. It's at Frame 86 and requires a male lead (25% Female). I've got my starting frame of 52 and have to advance 35 times. When I finally get my right second, the target Frillish isn't shiny, but has the Bold nature, the correct ability and IVs. There aren't any Bold frames that are close by.

What am I doing wrong?
You're talking about Cute Charm, right? When Reporter says "Male lead (25% Female)," it means that your cute charmer has to be male, and your target Pokemon has to have a 25% Female gender ratio. Frillish is not 25% Female, so that seed won't work sadly :/

Btw, you posted in the wrong thread! xD

You're talking about Cute Charm, right? When Reporter says "Male lead (25% Female)," it means that your cute charmer has to be male, and your target Pokemon has to have a 25% Female gender ratio. Frillish is not 25% Female, so that seed won't work sadly :/

Btw, you posted in the wrong thread! xD
Dang it on both counts. I didn't know where to post this. Dx

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

What am I doing wrong?
First, you're posting in the wrong thread :P
Also, Cute Charm is dependent on the gender ratio of the target, not the user, so that one won't work since Frillish is 50/50. Also also, 52+35=87, so you'd be off anyway.
Edit: kinda ninja'd
Dang it on both counts. I didn't know where to post this. Dx
There's a 5th gen thread for 5th gen questions.
tried it (new seed 3603150b), now my delay changes but elms responses are not in the adjacent finder. does hgss rng even work on the 3ds?
Is your timer already calibrated? If not, what's your min/max delay range? It might be off far enough that it's outside the range you're searching.

First, you're posting in the wrong thread :P
Also, Cute Charm is dependent on the gender ratio of the target, not the user, so that one won't work since Frillish is 50/50. Also also, 52+35=87, so you'd be off anyway.
Edit: kinda ninja'd
Well that was with the one Chatot advance too. I should have mentioned that.
Back to searching then. :<

Is your timer already calibrated? If not, what's your min/max delay range? It might be off far enough that it's outside the range you're searching.
yes it is, something like 485/531 with 13 seconds. i hit 491 mostly though. i just read that i have to hit the seed 8 seconds before the rng reporter time (for the 3ds). i tried it and finally got elm responses which are in the range.

new questions now:
1. let's say my target time has 48 seconds. can i type 40 seconds in eontimer and it will give me the right results? also if i miss the targeted seed, is it possible to make use of the "delay hit" function?
2. just to make sure elms: respond stays the same, i just get it 8 seconds earlier, right?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yes it is, something like 485/531 with 13 seconds. i hit 491 mostly though. i just read that i have to hit the seed 8 seconds before the rng reporter time (for the 3ds). i tried it and finally got elm responses which are in the range.

new questions now:
1. let's say my target time has 48 seconds. can i type 40 seconds in eontimer and it will give me the right results? also if i miss the targeted seed, is it possible to make use of the "delay hit" function?
2. just to make sure elms: respond stays the same, i just get it 8 seconds earlier, right?
Wait, what? I think you're mixing 4th and 5th gen RNG there. And I meant what's your target delay and what range are you searching in Seed to Time?

QQ about Emerald wild methods.
Does the RNGReporter Method H works for emerald like it does for R/S, or is emerald limited to Method2(3gen) n method4(3gen)?

If not, how can I calculate emerald encounter slots of Sweet scented pkmn ?

Thanks in advance

QQ about Emerald wild methods.
Does the RNGReporter Method H works for emerald like it does for R/S, or is emerald limited to Method2(3gen) n method4(3gen)?

If not, how can I calculate emerald encounter slots of Sweet scented pkmn ?

Thanks in advance
Yes, Method H works for Emerald. Just remember the seed is 0 in Emerald instead of 5A0 like RS! c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)