Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Yeah pretty much. Thanks a lot to you both! Too bad I have to start all over again, but well I can RNG abuse a shiny egg in like 5 minutes. :P

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Were you using Synchronize? Because I have done dozens of wild captures in Emerald, and every single one was either H-2 or H-4.

I've never used that program, but if you want to abuse your SID you have to do it on emulator, and the scripts have always worked for me.
Synchronize or not, every single capture I got (100+) was an exact match for the Method 2 or Method 4 frame at that time. Adjusting my delay also produced the same delay into the frames I got. Finally, the Ditto I ended up with is DEFINITELY Method 2, and Metalkid and Enciclopedia Pokemon agree.

Synchronize or not, every single capture I got (100+) was an exact match for the Method 2 or Method 4 frame at that time. Adjusting my delay also produced the same delay into the frames I got. Finally, the Ditto I ended up with is DEFINITELY Method 2, and Metalkid and Enciclopedia Pokemon agree.
Methods 2 and H-2 are practically the same method, only that Method H-2 shows the actual frames and encounter slots. I think you are doing something wrong, because you should be getting H-2 captures. I have done several retail captures, and all of them are H-2.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
H-2 takes encounter slots into account. If you're not using that you're doing it wrong. Certain Method 2 spreads are not possible for wild encounters for instance...

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
H-2 takes encounter slots into account. If you're not using that you're doing it wrong. Certain Method 2 spreads are not possible for wild encounters for instance...
Wasn't it you who said that Emerald encounter slot weren't figured out yet?

Besides, I KNOW they were Method 2. Not just what I was aiming for, but what I got.

@coolbiz: Approximately, if you mean Gen 3. Technically accurate to 0.0167 seconds, but close enough.

Wasn't it you who said that Emerald encounter slot weren't figured out yet?

Besides, I KNOW they were Method 2. Not just what I was aiming for, but what I got.

@coolbiz: Approximately, if you mean Gen 3. Technically accurate to 0.0167 seconds, but close enough.
Sorry I should've elaborated more, I was speaking of Pokemon heartgold.

need help

Im trying to hatch a modest flawless eevee but I cant seem to get it right. The everstone nature is modest and the male has 31iv in hp, def, sp att and speed. The female has 31iv in hp, sp def, sp att and speed. NONE of them are holding power items. I've read many guides but dont understand most of them so i really need a very detailed step by step instruction on how to breed flawless iv pokemon. Oh and I dont need it to be shiny, most guides teach how to make shiny pokemon instead.

My steps:
1. DS parameter then use results in time finder, seconds was 25 and actual seconds was 26 so time difference is 1. And timer0 is c7f
2. Go to eggs tab and fill in everything
3. It says its on frame 48 on 08/12/12 at 19:07:56

What do i do next?

Im trying to hatch a modest flawless eevee but I cant seem to get it right. The everstone nature is modest and the male has 31iv in hp, def, sp att and speed. The female has 31iv in hp, sp def, sp att and speed. NONE of them are holding power items. I've read many guides but dont understand most of them so i really need a very detailed step by step instruction on how to breed flawless iv pokemon. Oh and I dont need it to be shiny, most guides teach how to make shiny pokemon instead.

My steps:
1. DS parameter then use results in time finder, seconds was 25 and actual seconds was 26 so time difference is 1. And timer0 is c7f
2. Go to eggs tab and fill in everything
3. It says its on frame 48 on 08/12/12 at 19:07:56

What do i do next?
You're talking about a 5th generation game, so this post belongs in the thread titled 5th Generation PRNG Help / Information. Please post this there :)

Edit: Nvm, just noticed you already posted there a while ago :/

Is there any sort of guide on Headbutt abuse? At least with Encounter Slots...
I've heard mixed things about whether there are set encounter slots or not, but I've had good luck using Psypokes for appearance percentages for specific areas and some basic low encounter slot for common stuff/high encounter slot fo rare stuff.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Not to be demanding or forceful, but it could be better if this thread be renamed to "3rd & 4th Generation PRNG Help/Information" or something, because "Most Generation..." doesn't sound fitting, since Gen 5 RNG Help has its own thread.

Just a suggestion though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)