Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I got a question is sudowoodo a stationary in hg and ss?...im trying to rng it and normally have no problem with the timer and rng normally on hg and ss...just making sure im doing it right cuaz i get really off the wall delays that are not in the sec range as mine...i know my eon timer is set to 30 for it cuaz i rnged my flawless shiny timid palkia no problem...

Make that bigger. At least +/- 100, maybe more.
No luck.....Hmmmm I just don't know what I"m doing wrong. Hopefully it's not being the fact I'm trying on a 3DS lol

Edit: Now I'm starting to see what delays I get. I'm WAY off. I think it was just me sucking lol. I'ma just keep trying lol

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I got a question is sudowoodo a stationary in hg and ss?...im trying to rng it and normally have no problem with the timer and rng normally on hg and ss...just making sure im doing it right cuaz i get really off the wall delays that are not in the sec range as mine...i know my eon timer is set to 30 for it cuaz i rnged my flawless shiny timid palkia no problem...
It is. Are the delays you're getting on a lower range of seconds or higher? If the former, I would just set the seconds at +-0

Hey, I have a question about Emerald's RNG. Does anyone know if there's any differences between normal wild Pokemon and Safari Zone Pokemon? Like, is there a different method for SZ, or can I still use H? Also, how do Pokeblocks affect the nature? Do they take the place of the synchronizer (does synchronize even work?) or do they what?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I have a question about Emerald's RNG. Does anyone know if there's any differences between normal wild Pokemon and Safari Zone Pokemon? Like, is there a different method for SZ, or can I still use H? Also, how do Pokeblocks affect the nature? Do they take the place of the synchronizer (does synchronize even work?) or do they what?

I RNG'd this without doing anything special. I was told that the encounter slots use the slot from the frame before your target, but my target and the frame before had the same slot so I can't confirm or deny that personally. Method H-2, Synchronize worked, didn't do anything with Pokéblocks.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pokéblock success chance is done first if there is a block, if successful (80% yes) it picks any nature that works with the block I think... it wasn't really looked into. If it fails then Sync/CC runs its check.

I RNG'd this without doing anything special. I was told that the encounter slots use the slot from the frame before your target, but my target and the frame before had the same slot so I can't confirm or deny that personally. Method H-2, Synchronize worked, didn't do anything with Pokéblocks.
Awesome, that makes it easier on me. Now the only problem will be getting my target to stay in the pokeball... :x

Pokéblock success chance is done first if there is a block, if successful (80% yes) it picks any nature that works with the block I think... it wasn't really looked into. If it fails then Sync/CC runs its check.
Ok I'll just stick to using synchronize. Thanks to both of you :)

I want to buy My Pokémon Ranch because of the Mew you get after you send 999 Pokémon, but I have a question: is it possible to RNG abuse this mew as any other Method 1 pokemon in a 4th generation game (Diamond/ Pearl), once you have transferred it?

If you SR there should be no difference at all.
How do you SR when you RNG abuse? Like, once I sync the DSi clock and eontimer, do I go to my game and load it up then SR at the time where I would normally be clicking the game when using the traditional DS? That won't mess anything up, like load a wrong seed or something?

I want to buy My Pokémon Ranch because of the Mew you get after you send 999 Pokémon, but I have a question: is it possible to RNG abuse this mew as any other Method 1 pokemon in a 4th generation game (Diamond/ Pearl), once you have transferred it?
I highly doubt it. It's obtained via a trade, and while your DS is connected to Ranch, all you can do is access the PC, so you would have no way to check your seed or advance the frame (and you'd then be forced to save before checking Mew).

Iirc, the Trophy Garden Pokemon takes up slot 6 or 7. I can't remember which, or if it's both :s Maybe someone else knows!

Are there any guides on how to RNG abuse on an R/S cart with a live battery? I didn't even know it was possible, but apparently people (namely Hozu) have done it, and I've heard that the latest RNG Reporter alphas have support for it.

So I'm trying to RNG an (non-shiny) Eevee, and I have my desired seed, initial frame is 51, and target 72. I've hit the seed several times (I'm pretty sure, because what are the odds the seed the second before/after has the same first 15 Chatot pitches in a row?). When I input the seed on the main RNG window going from the time finder, it says frame 72 is going to be a Naughty female (teehee) with an IV spread of 31/31/31/x/x/x (Since I don't have the parent IVs for a perfect spread with what I've got at the moment, I'm just gonna breed two Eevees, one with the 3 non-inherited 31 IVs in HP, Att, and Def, and another with the non-inherited IVs in Sp Att, Sp Def and Spd at 31 so I can make it easy to breed a third Eevee, this one with all six IVs inherited at 31)

My problem is that (obviously) I'm not getting what I want. I've hatched three Eevees, all three Naughty, yet all three male, and there are no frames with a Naughty nature less than 20 frames away from frame 72, and I know I'm not messing up that bad. Also, I'm only getting HP with 31 IVs instead of HP, Att, and Def.

Sorry for the long, extra detailed post, but does anybody have an idea what's going on? The main thing that's confusing me is the male/female ordeal. Aren't natures and genders both determined by the PIDRNG? I'm 99% sure I've been hitting my seed, so I don't know what's going on.

This is the wrong thread to ask in for BW RNG help; go to the thread that is title 5th Generation PRNG Help / Information.

As for your problem, is the Ditto from a foreign language game? (answer in the other thread, not here)

Hi there, I haven't RNG'ed anything for about 1 1/2 - 2 years.

I want to try and clear out my wondercards on my Platinum and Soul Silver (Jirachi, Celebi, and the 3 dogs).

Wondercard frames are essentially just Method 1 frames + 2, correct? ie, if the Method 1 frame is 5, the actual wondercard frame is 7?

So for the above example, I'd need to hit my delay, advance my frame by (7 - (1 + x)) / 2 journel flips. Where x is the number of roamers I currently have.

Does this sound right? I'm hoping to get the process reviewed before I attempt it, and hopefully avoid some minor headaches along the way.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Other way around I think... but if you do your searching with 4th gen wondercard IVs the frames you see are the ones you want.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Feebas technically doesn't have encounter slots. It occupies 6 random tiles in the water in the basement of Mt. Coronet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)