Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I need to use trail and error then? Also, isn't it 4 random tiles?
Yeah, basically. Just find your Feebas tile (make sure you find it on the date you'll be using to hit your seed because if you change the date your Feebas tile might change). Then hit all of your target frames until you catch a Feebas. It shouldn't be too hard to get, I bet it's found in a common slot. And it's 6, not 4 :p

Yeah, basically. Just find your Feebas tile (make sure you find it on the date you'll be using to hit your seed because if you change the date your Feebas tile might change). Then hit all of your target frames until you catch a Feebas. It shouldn't be too hard to get, I bet it's found in a common slot. And it's 6, not 4 :p
Ok. I think from the look of it the slots change based on the tile, but idk.
Also, I thought it was 4 due to bulbapedia. Pokemon sites are never accurate anymore <.<

Ok. I think from the look of it the slots change based on the tile, but idk.
Also, I thought it was 4 due to bulbapedia. Pokemon sites are never accurate anymore <.<
Sorry, you're right, it is 4. Serebii and Bulbapedia both say 4. I thought it was 6 because it's 6 in RSE.

I have currently started going back to my old games so I can RNG all the old legends that are in DPP and HGSS before BW2 come out in the US so I have gotten my IV spread in the Time Finder and then took the Seed and made a time and matched it up with EonTimer but when I go to the main RNG window and punch the seed in with method K stationary pokemon, (I am currently RNGing Ho-oh) I get a different set of IVs and there is no perfect iv set on the frame the Time Finder said it was on. Whats going on with it? I also have hit my frame and seed before but didn't get the result of 31/31/31/17/31/31 I was supposed to. Can someone help me?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Does the time finder tells you you need any specific leader, such a synchronizer? If so, did you mark it up on the main page and use it while rnging ho oh ?

Yes I am using a synchronizer for the nature. I am saved in front of Ho-oh and I hit my seed correctly because my Elm calls matched up but because my frame was 9 I called Elm only 8 times with them matching up with what they were supposed to be and then I caught Ho-oh which had the right nature but not the right ivs. When I went to check the seed in the main window by inputting it and then generating with Method K stationary pokemon there was no 31/31/31/17/31/31 spread but it says there was in the Timefinder when I looked for one.

The seed I was using was 4E1003B2 and Frame 9 was supposed to have a 31/31/31/17/31/31 spread with the synchronizer giving it the desired nature. I am not sure if the Time Finder is messing up or something but the main window and the Time Finder don't seem to be aggreing on IV spreads.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I tested the seed and I can actually find the frame. The only thing is that it only work with an Impish Syncronizer, is that the nature you're going for?

I tested the seed and I can actually find the frame. The only thing is that it only work with an Impish Syncronizer, is that the nature you're going for?
No I guess I have to look for an Adamant seed I didn't know if synchro seeds let you get the nature that my synchro had but I also never hit the frame I guess but got the seed correctly. I will start on Frame 1 right? I called Elm 8 times to confirm the seed and then caught Ho-oh but it wasn't Frame 9 which if what your saying is correct would have been 31/31/31/17/31/31 with some nature even though I have an adamant synchronizer.

My main question though is why is the main RNG Reporter window, the one that comes up first when you open the program, not have this 31 spread when I put in the seed on Frame 9 for Method K Stationary Pokemon like the Time Finder indicates? I am just confused because the Main window and the Time Finder seem to be conflicting in their spread data. I also just want to RNG these legendaries because I like 5th gen rng way better. lol. No delay.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
what I am saying is that that seed will only yield the flawless IVs you want if you use an Impish syncronizer. Iv gen RNG doesn't work like V's, where you can just change the syncronizer and get the IVs you want on many different natures; In gen 4 IVs and natures are interlaced

what I am saying is that that seed will only yield the flawless IVs you want if you use an Impish syncronizer. Iv gen RNG doesn't work like V's, where you can just change the syncronizer and get the IVs you want on many different natures; In gen 4 IVs and natures are interlaced
Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. Well crap. Thanks. That surely explained why I wasn't able to hit my target frame with the IVs I wanted. I still got to have some practice hitting delay though so it wasn't a total waste. I should have remembered that eggs only had the condition where they weren't interlaced in Gen4 and Gen 5. Thanks for your help and awesome Sakura avatar as well.

does fishing advance the frame in Platinum, and if so by how many? Also does this vary if I'm surfing or not? (Would I have to change the method etc)

does fishing advance the frame in Platinum, and if so by how many? Also does this vary if I'm surfing or not? (Would I have to change the method etc)
If you're using RNG Reporter 9.95 or newer, then it should include the advancements from fishing for you, so you would just advance to your target frame and fish. However, I don't remember if it worked with the fishing encounter type (but it should).

Edit: Also, it will only generate the frames that will be a bite if you select the fishing encounter type + rod you're using.

I seem to have encountered something rather odd in Platinum.

I'm attempting to RNG the Distortion World Giratina, and when I tried hitting the seed for the first time, I appeared to hit a seed with a delay 10 below of the one I wanted to hit.

The wierd thing is, the IVs and nature I got matched the appropriate frame for a Lonely synchronizer.

I have a pokemon with Synchronize on my team, but it is not the leading pokemon. My lead happens to have a Lonely nature, but doesn't have the ability Synchronize. I was wondering if there was some kind of function that caused auto synchronizing with whatever your lead is for this particular Giratina, or if some other unknown happened to occur at that particular time?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as it could possibly limit what I am able to obtain seeing as I don't appear to be able to go back to a PC to swap leads at the moment...

The seed I believe I hit is 900922BB, apparantly with a Lonely Synchronizer at frame 23, giving a Lonely 8/3/14/17/8/29 Giratina. I am trying to hit 900922C5 at frame 23, which should provide a Modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 Giratina without a Synchroniser.

i've read a gen3 (emerald) article stating that it is not possible to rng your id/sid, however i am also aware that a lot of the older guides are out-of-date. can anyone please advise whether or not it is possible.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I seem to have encountered something rather odd in Platinum.

I'm attempting to RNG the Distortion World Giratina, and when I tried hitting the seed for the first time, I appeared to hit a seed with a delay 10 below of the one I wanted to hit.

The wierd thing is, the IVs and nature I got matched the appropriate frame for a Lonely synchronizer.

I have a pokemon with Synchronize on my team, but it is not the leading pokemon. My lead happens to have a Lonely nature, but doesn't have the ability Synchronize. I was wondering if there was some kind of function that caused auto synchronizing with whatever your lead is for this particular Giratina, or if some other unknown happened to occur at that particular time?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as it could possibly limit what I am able to obtain seeing as I don't appear to be able to go back to a PC to swap leads at the moment...

The seed I believe I hit is 900922BB, apparantly with a Lonely Synchronizer at frame 23, giving a Lonely 8/3/14/17/8/29 Giratina. I am trying to hit 900922C5 at frame 23, which should provide a Modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 Giratina without a Synchroniser.
Just update your eontimer and try again, you're just casually hitting a lonely nature as what you describe can't happen

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i've read a gen3 (emerald) article stating that it is not possible to rng your id/sid, however i am also aware that a lot of the older guides are out-of-date. can anyone please advise whether or not it is possible.
RNGing your ID is completely impossible, and RNGing your SID is only possible on emulator.

Just update your eontimer and try again, you're just casually hitting a lonely nature as what you describe can't happen
I don't think eontimer itself has anything to do with that, because the only way I apparantly can get that IV spread with a lonely nature is on the exact frame and hour I was using, except with a synchroniser. Plus I believe I was using the latest version anyway.

RNG Shiny Manaphy Egg

In case I missed one of the rules for this thread, I apologize beforehand. If that's the case, please help me find the right thread for this post.

Hello everyone,
So I've spent the past few days reading about RNG abuse and how it works (I'm completely new to all this) and I'm trying to figure out how to RNG abuse so that I can hatch a Shiny Manaphy. Now, I'm aware of the shiny check that keeps Manaphy Eggs from hatching shiny in the games they are sent to (from the Pokemon Ranger games), and I know that if traded to another game they have a chance of hatching shiny. First, some info about what I have: I have a DS Lite and a DSi, and I have copies of D/P/Pt/HG/SS that I can hatch the Manaphy in. My Platinum currently has a Manaphy Egg waiting with the Green Man in the Pokemart. I have two naturally caught shiny Pokemon - an Alakazam from Pearl with PID 6D97761, SID 144, and seed 3199F24B, and a shiny Rayquaza from HeartGold with PID 815DB127, SID 12912, and seed A5CC18E7. I calculated these using RNG Reporter 9.96's IV to PID/SEED window with Method 1 and IVs, nature, Trainer ID, etc. (though with the Alakazam I'm hoping the given numbers are correct since there's a -tiny- chance that I may have messed up its EV training and thus don't have its correct IVs.) In any case, I tried using the RNG Reporter 9.96 and tried using the information I have to search for a list of possible seeds for a basic shiny Manaphy (max IVs, Timid nature, Method 1 etc.) but after clicking the "Generate" button, the RNG Reporter doesn't give me any results. I'm wondering if I missed a particular step with the main guide I've been using (Revised 4th Generation RNG Manipulation guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154) that's keeping the RNG Reporter from producing results, or if there's something special I need to do in the case of finding a seed for a shiny Manaphy. I've read this guide several times already and I'm still a bit confused with how the RNG Reporter works. I've searched for explanations on how to RNG for a shiny Manaphy (such as this one, hope I'm not breaking any rules for writing this URL https://sites.google.com/site/pokencg/rng/howto/guides), and so far, I haven't found any guides that go in a little further detail, like step-by-step instructions on what to do to get a shiny Manaphy egg. So, if I could get any help on what's going on with the RNG Reporter and how to use it, as well as some general info on what steps I should take in order to get a shiny Manaphy such as finding seeds, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I apologize in case I missed any of the rules for this thread/posting in forums in general - I'm new to using the forums (but not Smogon University's Strategy Dex, The Smog and such.)

In case I missed one of the rules for this thread, I apologize beforehand. If that's the case, please help me find the right thread for this post.

Hello everyone,
So I've spent the past few days reading about RNG abuse and how it works (I'm completely new to all this) and I'm trying to figure out how to RNG abuse so that I can hatch a Shiny Manaphy. Now, I'm aware of the shiny check that keeps Manaphy Eggs from hatching shiny in the games they are sent to (from the Pokemon Ranger games), and I know that if traded to another game they have a chance of hatching shiny. First, some info about what I have: I have a DS Lite and a DSi, and I have copies of D/P/Pt/HG/SS that I can hatch the Manaphy in. My Platinum currently has a Manaphy Egg waiting with the Green Man in the Pokemart. I have two naturally caught shiny Pokemon - an Alakazam from Pearl with PID 6D97761, SID 144, and seed 3199F24B, and a shiny Rayquaza from HeartGold with PID 815DB127, SID 12912, and seed A5CC18E7. I calculated these using RNG Reporter 9.96's IV to PID/SEED window with Method 1 and IVs, nature, Trainer ID, etc. (though with the Alakazam I'm hoping the given numbers are correct since there's a -tiny- chance that I may have messed up its EV training and thus don't have its correct IVs.) In any case, I tried using the RNG Reporter 9.96 and tried using the information I have to search for a list of possible seeds for a basic shiny Manaphy (max IVs, Timid nature, Method 1 etc.) but after clicking the "Generate" button, the RNG Reporter doesn't give me any results. I'm wondering if I missed a particular step with the main guide I've been using (Revised 4th Generation RNG Manipulation guide http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154) that's keeping the RNG Reporter from producing results, or if there's something special I need to do in the case of finding a seed for a shiny Manaphy. I've read this guide several times already and I'm still a bit confused with how the RNG Reporter works. I've searched for explanations on how to RNG for a shiny Manaphy (such as this one, hope I'm not breaking any rules for writing this URL https://sites.google.com/site/pokencg/rng/howto/guides), and so far, I haven't found any guides that go in a little further detail, like step-by-step instructions on what to do to get a shiny Manaphy egg. So, if I could get any help on what's going on with the RNG Reporter and how to use it, as well as some general info on what steps I should take in order to get a shiny Manaphy such as finding seeds, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I apologize in case I missed any of the rules for this thread/posting in forums in general - I'm new to using the forums (but not Smogon University's Strategy Dex, The Smog and such.)
The reason it came up with nothing in the search is because shiny flawless frames are very rare unless you've specifically RNGed your ID/SID combo to make a certain ideal flawless frame shiny.

If you really want the manaphy to be shiny, you'll have to expand your search criterea and perhaps lower the IVs you're after. If there are any IVs you don't really care about, don't search for them.

As for anything special about the manaphy egg, just make sure you're using the ID/SID combos of the games you'll trade the egg to when you've obtained it in your searches. I'm assuming you're doing this already, but it's still worth a mention.

If you really cannot go without a shiny flawless manaphy, then you'll have to look into using Pandora's Box to RNG an ID/SID combo to make a specific frame shiny. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 has various details about different parts of RNGing, search it for Pandora's Box.

I want to RNG a Timid Latias (Method 1 in RNG Reporter) at 31/9/30/28/25/28 in Emerald. My frame is 38310 with the time being 10:38:50 according to RNG Reporter. I am using EonTimer as my timer. A few questions:

1) On EonTimer, why is there a "First Timer" of 5 seconds?

2) When I put my Target frame in, why is EonTimer set for 640:35 instead of 638:50 to match the time found in RNG Reporter?

3) Since I'm not going for a shiny, my ID and SID is irrelevant, correct? i.e. they don't affect the nature/IVs, right?

I've never RNG'd in 3rd gen before, so thanks in advance for any help!

I want to RNG a Timid Latias (Method 1 in RNG Reporter) at 31/9/30/28/25/28 in Emerald. My frame is 38310 with the time being 10:38:50 according to RNG Reporter. I am using EonTimer as my timer. A few questions:

1) On EonTimer, why is there a "First Timer" of 5 seconds? That gives you time to reset, which you'll do when it hits 0

2) When I put my Target frame in, why is EonTimer set for 640:35 instead of 638:50 to match the time found in RNG Reporter? The time in RNG reporter is assuming that the fps is 60. It's actually less, but you'll probably need to adjust after a few tries anyways.

3) Since I'm not going for a shiny, my ID and SID is irrelevant, correct? i.e. they don't affect the nature/IVs, right? Correct.

I've never RNG'd in 3rd gen before, so thanks in advance for any help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)