Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does it still matter if I turn on the C-gear or not in Pokemon white when trying to capture a specific Pokemon on my White DS Lite? How about on my 3DS? Thanks!

Does it still matter if I turn on the C-gear or not in Pokemon white when trying to capture a specific Pokemon on my White DS Lite? How about on my 3DS? Thanks!
Please post in the correct thread next time, this thread is for 4th and 3rd generation RNG questions!

Yes, turning on the C-Gear will make a difference on any DS model, and on any game cart. It's best to keep the C-Gear off unless you want to hit a C-Gear seed (which you should only be doing if you want to RNG Pokemon in the Entree Forest), because Standard seeds are much easier to hit.

Please post in the correct thread next time, this thread is for 4th and 3rd generation RNG questions!

Yes, turning on the C-Gear will make a difference on any DS model, and on any game cart. It's best to keep the C-Gear off unless you want to hit a C-Gear seed (which you should only be doing if you want to RNG Pokemon in the Entree Forest), because Standard seeds are much easier to hit.
Sorry, my bad, and thanks for the quick reply!

So I did a search on the first page of this thread for "ranch", but no hits.

Does anyone know how to RNG abuse pokemon ranch? Specifically, for the Mew gift from Hayley?

Thanks.

I'm rnging for a shiny Mesprit and Cresselia in Platinum. If I've done everything correctly, would the picture that shows up when you talk to them come up shiny?

I have had some sort of problem with RNG reporter. I was trying to wondercard rng and it kept saying my initial PIDRNG was 50 when in it was actually 52 since I was always 2 frames ahead from my target. Did I do something or was it rng reporter. And no ,no romers realesed.

Does RNG work the same way in 4th gen for Japanese cartridge (HG/SS)??

Before I start, thanks for those who helped last time, I've managed to get some good Pokes.
Since I can't reset my American HG cartridge, I'm wondering if this RNG abuse will work for a Japanese SS cartridge? Like the calls for Elm and what not.

See my sig. FR/LG RNG abuse is not humanly possible on a retail cart.
I use a VBA, is not a problem the retail cart. So, is there a guide for an emulator?

Then, I have read your topic for emerald egg PID, but I don't have internet at home, how can I do?.. Can I download Spinda Painter ?

Thanks

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can't download the painter IIRC. However you won't need a Spinda at all since you can see the PID directly.

The rest of the things can be downloaded but if you don't have the required .NET framework installed you're pretty much boned.

Before I start, thanks for those who helped last time, I've managed to get some good Pokes.
Since I can't reset my American HG cartridge, I'm wondering if this RNG abuse will work for a Japanese SS cartridge? Like the calls for Elm and what not.
Of course. You would need the translations though.

You can't download the painter IIRC. However you won't need a Spinda at all since you can see the PID directly.

The rest of the things can be downloaded but if you don't have the required .NET framework installed you're pretty much boned.
Ok, eepid.exe give me some problems, after I put my PID (converted from exadecimal to decimal, so i take 62942730 to decimal is 1653876528), I put my decimal number in eepid.exe when it says "Input a PID(decimal) =>", starting frame 0 and Ending frame 10000.
It give me this:
Test 1
Test 2
Time<in frames>: 0
and restart...

It is normal? Which is my problem? However, I don't have any Spinda at the day care, I just given my pokemons at the old woman and I checked the egg PID without counting the steps as the guide says..

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Make sure that the mother/Ditto does not have an Everstone. You also must generate the egg in an area in an area that doesn't have any other random events such as NPC movement.

Ideally you'll want to make 254 steps, with the 254th being in the daycare building. Save, SR, then walk to generate the egg (hopefully).

Ok, I did it as you told me. eepid.exe gave me these results:
Input a PID <decimal> 3734115478
hig...
low...
starting frame: 0
ending frame: 10000
Test 1
frame: 7.807, PID: 3734113926 <0xde920e86>
Test 2
time <in frames>: 4294959489

Then, I choose a shiny spread from 3rd generation time finder,

Now, I should do my 255th step in 9:54.75, right? and what is Redraws? I didn't understand this part of the guide..

Last thing, sometimes the parents generate an egg before the 255 steps, in fact I stored the parent, I've used the max repell and before it ended they have generated an egg..

Sorry for the thousand questions xD

So, while advances the frame I must enter and exit from the party menu 7 times? and the other questions? Especially this:
Last thing, sometimes the parents generate an egg before the 255 steps, in fact I stored the parent, I've used the max repell and before it ended they have generated an egg..

So I am guessing there is not way to predetermine wondercard natures? Do I have to keep hitting the seed and hope for the nature I want?

I'm using eepid.exe, but I can't find the PID that I get from the egg. The calibration is 40, sometimes 37, the first half of the PID corresponds but the second half is always different...

for example:
The PID of the egg is DE468A65 and it's located at the frame 35.612 (eepid gave me these informations).
Then, I open RNGReporter and I'm trying to search this PID at the frame indicated by eepid, but I find DE46XXXX, the second half is always different and I can't find the frame of my egg!!

Can I control the calibration? I still have 37 or 40 inconsistently base calibration, why?
Then, I open the pokenav and I turn back in the map but my redraws value is always 0..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)