Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

As with all stationary pkmn, the spread or frame is selected when the battle starts. Somewhere in a post by Hozu, Hozu stated that the once the animation start until the battle beings, approx 256 frames will have passed.

Steps you need to take
1. Save one step from Groudon to where the animation will start when you move to the left once.

2. Find a spread and us eontimer.

3. Start the timer and move once.

*Note the game will say "This blue/red orb being to glow."

4. Once your timer hit zero hit A to exit the "orb message, which will being the animation."

5. Capture Groudon, update the timer based on what spread you hit and raise and repeat until you get the pokemon.
The on-site R/S guide has frame times for Groudon.
Thanks you two.
I tried it on an Emulator and it seems that the spread is selected after I press A when the message comes- "Player's Red/Blue Orb began to glow"

Try using this for Chatter.
How much easier is it to decipher the pitches using something like this?

For that matter, are deciphering Chatter pitches only really useful in 4th gen for keeping track of frame advancements in D/P/Pt, or possibly for verifying seeds in areas with NPCs in those games? Without NPCs, it seems like verifying your seed with the Coin Flip app would be easier (and even if there are NPCs, unless your target frame is very low, you can use Chatter pitches to keep track of the frames that they advanced while you flipped the coins, which you can keep to a minimum by repeatedly opening and closing the menu during flips), and in HG/SS, you can verify your seed easily with the PokéGear (with no chance for NPCs to move in the process), and can also use it to keep track of frame advancements.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well... you could use chatter pitches to determine your seed in an area with a sandstorm for RNGing chained Beldum. Sandstorm messes with the egg RNG.

Well... you could use chatter pitches to determine your seed in an area with a sandstorm for RNGing chained Beldum. Sandstorm messes with the egg RNG.
Good point. So keeping track of frame advancement and verifying seeds in an area with NPCs and/or weather (all in D/P/Pt) is pretty much the extent of the usefulness of deciphering Chatter pitches in 4th gen? It seems totally pointless in HG/SS due to the PokéGear.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Good point. So keeping track of frame advancement and verifying seeds in an area with NPCs and/or weather (all in D/P/Pt) is pretty much the extent of the usefulness of deciphering Chatter pitches in 4th gen? It seems totally pointless in HG/SS due to the PokéGear.
Well it's much faster than calling Elm/Irwin. And in D/P/Pt it can also do single advancements instead of two advancements at a time from the Journal.
does anyone know if there is any trick to RNGing dream yard latias? DO i just hit my seed and walk to the end of the ledge where the battle occurs or are its IV's set beforehand like tornadus/thundurus in the original Black and white? I was hoping i could rng me a shiny flawless one
Follow it around and save on the tile right before the one you step on to encounter it.

Elm isn't required for RNGing in HG/SS right? (E.G. shown him pokerus, togepi etc) I know he's needed to verify and can advance the frame, but I'm wondering if he's needed outside of that.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Elm isn't required for RNGing in HG/SS right? (E.G. shown him pokerus, togepi etc) I know he's needed to verify and can advance the frame, but I'm wondering if he's needed outside of that.
not really needed as Juggler Irwin can also be used to verify seeds and advance the frames

is he needed for anything else?
no, not really

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there a guide for FR/LG RNG Abuse?
Not really, in general it's nearly impossible for you to do. It's really hard to hit specific seeds because of how fast the timer advances. If you're using an emulator it's still difficult. If you want to go figure it out I'm pretty sure most encounters are Method H-2.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really, in general it's nearly impossible for you to do. It's really hard to hit specific seeds because of how fast the timer advances. If you're using an emulator it's still difficult. If you want to go figure it out I'm pretty sure most encounters are Method H-2.
Mostly H-1, from my experience.

Help With Time Finder in RNG

So I'm trying to RNG my first pokemon in pokemon white. I have gotten up to the step where you need to click on time finder, and manipulate IVs. Although when I try to go to Item Finder RNG Reporter says I need to make a profile. I have tried to make a profile numerous times, but the when i click 'OK' to create the profile, it doesnt show up. I have tried to enter all the information in and the profile still won't show up. Can somebody please help me?

Well it's much faster than calling Elm/Irwin. And in D/P/Pt it can also do single advancements instead of two advancements at a time from the Journal.
True, but I was referring to the usefulness of actually differentiating between the Chatter pitches, rather than just the frame advancements from viewing Chatot's summary.

If I want to actually keep track of frame advancements, then is Elm/Irwin preferred over Chatter (since E/P/K is completely unambiguous, while Chatter pitches are not), or the radio (using RadioSeed) for that matter?

They all start on frame 1. In DP there are no NPCs so you can't advance the frame (unless you leave the game on and let the date roll over?), but this is not exactly a bad thing since you just need a frame 1 seed.

In Pt, there are NPCs so it's harder to hit a target frame. Your best bet with Pt is to find a frame 1 seed and be very fast when picking your starter. If you go over frame 1, resave so the NPCs change their advance pattern.

Does anyone think that Emerald Breeding is the easiest ways to hatch perfect, 31 IV eggs? I'm not an expert or anything, but looking at the guides , I would assume that it is.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The concept of RNGing is the easiest in 3rd gen but the execution is the hardest. 5th gen is by far the easiest to breed in.

Yeah--no matter how many guides I have read on RNG in 4th and 5th gen, I never seem to get it, but I keep on hitting seeds with breeding in Emerald flawlessly. Calibration? Advancing the frame? Wandering NPCs? I think I'll stick to Emerald RNG, because I actually understand what I have to do.

I'm trying to receive a Naive Genesect with special flawless IVs from the delivery man. I selected Wondercard Searcher in PPRNG and I got the following:

seed: E53CD2D6E4BE6C48
initial frame: 52
target frame: 72
time: 10/21/2012 03:01:56 (I'm delaying 1 second since I tested and my DS Lite has a 1 second delay)
Buttons: Start+L

So I booted up the game at 03:01:55 holding down Start and L until the star appeared. After, I skipped to the continue screen and started the game without C-Gear. I pressed nothing during the season screen. I then went right to my menu, listened to Chatot 20 times, and spoke to the delivery man whom I was saved in front of. I got a Genesect that was Modest with special flawless IVs (attack was 24 like predicted). So it appears that I hit my seed looking at IVs, but I thought that nature and IVs are tied together in wondercard cases? Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Ah, sorry, going to the 5th gen help thread.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Suppose that I have both Plat. and HG. I have my SID available on only one game, but I'm unable to breed on that game. I can only breed on the other game. (Doesn't matter why)

If I go through the process of breeding a shiny egg using the other game's trainer ID and SID, and then trading the egg to the game where both ID's belong, would the egg hatch shiny?

It seems that I've managed to overcomplicate a simple question. Sorry.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Suppose that I have both Plat. and HG. I have my SID available on only one game, but I'm unable to breed on that game. I can only breed on the other game. (Doesn't matter why)

If I go through the process of breeding a shiny egg using the other game's trainer ID and SID, and then trading the egg to the game where both ID's belong, would the egg hatch shiny?

It seems that I've managed to overcomplicate a simple question. Sorry.
It should work fine, as long as you don't use international parents (because the PID rerolls are based on the ID/SID of the game you receive the egg on).

Alternately, you could use Pokécheck to find the second game's SID and simplify things a lot.

I've recently gotten back in to RNGing on Emerald through an emulator. I'm pretty familiar how it works but it seems that as I get NEAR my target frame my method changes. What I mean by this is while I land on a certain method lets say Alternative every time I continue to advance through the game with the save files when it comes down to actually being a few frames away I land on a completely different method which would be Non Splits/Splits. Is this common and should I just reset for another egg or am I doing something wrong?!!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)