Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

regarding gen3 emerald abuse, i was reading through bitterlemon/shadowhunter's guide and the rapidshare link to rsedecode is no longer valid, and the megaupload link to shiny bit xor calculator is obviously dead as well.

i was wondering if any of you have a copy of these files, or have alternative download links. i did a google hunt, but was unsuccessful.
You do not need RSEDecode, you can use these scripts in VBA-rr to do the same job.

However, I am asking ANYONE who has it to reupload the OLD PokeRNG for Emerald, us Gen 3 RNG's would like it and I don't have a copy of it (RNG Reporter is no good for FR/LG RNG'ing). I have already PM'ed Wichu, but have not gotten a response.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here. Though if you looked at the bottom of the first post you would have found it. Not like you need it though as reporter supports Emerald spread searching for methods 1/2/4.

Then it's gone. Use the 3rd gen time finder in RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta, capture tab.
Can't do it. I use Windows XP, so the latest RNG Reporter doesn't work on it. I really do specifically need PokeRNG, so can someone who does have it please reupload? I cannot believe that when I went searching for it no-one made a backup, people just kept linking here to it. What fanbase doesn't at least keep copies of software available incase they are lost?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
1) Take current PRNG value
2) Enter that as the seed in the main window Method 1
3) Enter desired nature/IVs, 99,999,999 frames
4) Search. No results? Reset game and repeat until found
5) ???
6) Profit

It keeps saying that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I understand that this is due to entering a number >99,999,999 frames. However now when searching I am not finding anything. I am thinking that the seed is >99,999,999. Would really like PokeRNG right now.

I think it does that if you don't have enough RAM. Does it work for lower frame searches?
NVM. I think I understand what you were saying earlier, I just had misunderstood RNGReporter. So let me reiterate:

I enter the overworld (professor's lab), run the lua script and get the seed, put that into the seed in rngreprter and look for the desired spread? I am thinking that the starting seed I get leads to frames >99,999,999, therefore I am still needing PokeRNG though.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You can enter the seed you got, then enter starting frame as 99,999,999 then search for 99,999,999 frames again, and then keep adding 99,999,999 frames to eventually find a spread. However I think it would be more efficient to reset the game to get a different starting seed.

You can enter the seed you got, then enter starting frame as 99,999,999 then search for 99,999,999 frames again, and then keep adding 99,999,999 frames to eventually find a spread. However I think it would be more efficient to reset the game to get a different starting seed.
I think I see now. It's like searching in the dark. If the spread is not in the 1-99,999,999 frames, then one would search the next 99,999,999 by adding that number on, but you say it is more profitable to keep resetting. I feel that RNG Reporter however makes this difficult. I would still like PokeRNG to identify the difference between where I am and where I need to be for my target spread, which I need PokeRNG to identify. But I ask you a question, would one say that seeds in this manner are analogous to frames?

Edit - NVM, I know how to do it now, have a good spread, thanks for your help.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
There's only 2^32 possible frames so you aren't going to find anything of value with any frame number greater than 4,294,967,296.

A question about shiny egg RNG
I uploaded a spinda to pokecheck to find the PID(I know I wasnt suppose to do that).
From pokecheck and pokegen it show my spinda pid is 0x0E4631D4.

239481300 % 25 = 0-fixed

If put this hex is the spinda pid hex, the correct spinda does not appear

Any reason why?

Also why do I need eepid?

Edit: Whoops I see my error
Thanks voodoo

Thanks in advance

Method 1 frame advancements

I'm trying to rng for starter mons again, and I'm wondering, what is it that causes frame advancements? I understand that there is a frame designated for each starte, but how does it work? While I'm picking the starter, when I pass by Totodile does that make it Frame 9 when I pick Cyndaquil? Or does it only become that Frame when I actually choose that starter. Somebody please clarify.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
All of the starters are generated at once in the order of Chikorita, Totodile, then Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is frame 9 because the 8 frames before it were used for Chikorita and Totodile. That's all.

All of the starters are generated at once in the order of Chikorita, Totodile, then Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is frame 9 because the 8 frames before it were used for Chikorita and Totodile. That's all.
Wait, are you sure about that? This thread says that Cyndaquil is determined at Frame 5 and Totodile at Frame 9. And you're saying that it's predetermined? So I don't advance the frame until I actually choose the starter?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh whatever is listed in the guide is correct I don't know the exact order. But that's the reason why. Because the other mons are generated before it.

I hope this is the right place to ask this since it's covered in the first post:

Can the newest versions of RNG Reporter (that require the .NET Framework 4.5) still be run within Mono? If so, is the issue with the inability to close boxes such as Seed to Time, etc. (as explained at about the 3:00 mark of this video), still present?

I have 2 questions with Emerald Breeding RNG. Assuming I have a Ditto and [pokemon], both from the same cart, what option do I choose? No Splits, Alternate, or Splits? Also, when exactly are the egg's IV's generated?

I have 2 questions with Emerald Breeding RNG. Assuming I have a Ditto and [pokemon], both from the same cart, what option do I choose? No Splits, Alternate, or Splits? Also, when exactly are the egg's IV's generated?
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part1

You might notice that, aside from the "A" and "B" values, the IVs generated for bred Pokémon match those generated for method 1 Pokémon. This is because the game uses method 1 to generate the Pokémon's IVs before it replaces them with the pre-set values from the parents. However, there are odd occasions when the game opts to either use a different method from method 1 to generate IVs, or assign "A" and "B" values in a different way. What exactly triggers this event is unknown, but most of the results have been documented.

While searching for spreads, you will notice that certain spreads have an "S" after their frame. This means the frame in question is what is known as a "split" spread. Split spreads earn their name because they get the first half of their IVs from the "normal" spread that occurs on that frame, and the second half of their IVs from the spread that follows (the IVs they inherit are taken from the spread that follows). This is due to being created by method 4, rather than method 1. While split spreads occur at the same time as their normal counterparts (for example, 943S occurs at the same time as 943). Split spreads are the most common non-traditional spreads that you will encounter, though there is no known way to hit them consistently, other than through trial and error.

Another less common anomaly is the game going into what is known as "Alternate Inheritance" mode. Alternate Inheritance mode causes the IVs inherited by the parents to shift backwards one frame. This means that the IVs passed from the parents on frame 943 when using the vanilla method 1 generation will be inherited on frame 942 in Alternate Inheritance mode. This completely changes what spreads are viable; better spreads may occur with shorter wait times, and different parents than usual. However, Alternate Inheritance mode is very unorthodox in its appearances; when it occurs, it will be the method of IV generation for an indefinite amount of time, liable to disappear without notice. For this reason, it is best not to aim for an Alternate Inheritance spread right away; wait until you see different IVs being inherited to take advantage of it.

Hello

Can someone post the memory address of the trainer ID in Pokemon FireRed? I am thinking of RNG'ing the ID/SID and need to be able to check quickly what ID's I'd get.

IIRC
You will have to hatch one pokemon first to see if its ivs match no spilt, if not no split then see if it match the other two. All my cart egg abuses were no split. The guide is also kinda outdated, since the rngreporter have undergo several improvements and changes.

Also the IV are generated when you press A on "Take good care of it".

So when you get to "Take good care of it" wait till the timer hit 0 then hit 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)