Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Trying to do some Method 1 RNG-ing in Gen 3.

I'm trying to RNG my starter Mudkip. I have managed to get the first good Adamant spread at 00:38.30. However, I decided I wanted the better spread at 08:21.25, so I restarted the game and saved in front of the bag, hard reset and went for the frame. I've done it about 6 times now and none of the frames I have gotten (even checking by the rough IV estimate and nature) are within even a couple whole seconds. I don't understand what's going wrong. I'm using an online stopwatch; is it possible that it's not entirely precise, and dropping a few hundredths of a second every few seconds? I'm on a Mac so I can't use Eon Timer. Please help! :(

(And don't just tell me not to bother with the starter Mudkip.)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Trying to do some Method 1 RNG-ing in Gen 3.

I'm trying to RNG my starter Mudkip. I have managed to get the first good Adamant spread at 00:38.30. However, I decided I wanted the better spread at 08:21.25, so I restarted the game and saved in front of the bag, hard reset and went for the frame. I've done it about 6 times now and none of the frames I have gotten (even checking by the rough IV estimate and nature) are within even a couple whole seconds. I don't understand what's going wrong. I'm using an online stopwatch; is it possible that it's not entirely precise, and dropping a few hundredths of a second every few seconds? I'm on a Mac so I can't use Eon Timer. Please help! :(

(And don't just tell me not to bother with the starter Mudkip.)
It could be an issue with consistency. Remember that R/S/E runs at 60 FPS, so an average internet stopwatch isn't gonna be much of an aide for RNGing.

If you're using a Mac, then download and use ZomgTimer, which can be found here.

It could be an issue with consistency. Remember that R/S/E runs at 60 FPS, so an average internet stopwatch isn't gonna be much of an aide for RNGing.

If you're using a Mac, then download and use ZomgTimer, which can be found here.
Well, I finally managed to get it with the online stopwatch, but I had to wait about 1.75 seconds extra on top of the 501.25 seconds. I guess it's a precision thing. I'll try ZomgTimer from now on, thanks!

Hey guys, 2 quick questions about Great Marsh abuse:

1. Is it possible to take leads? (Synchronize,Cute Charm, Suction Cups)
2. What encounter method do I choose in the RNG Reporter main window? Safari Zone or normal Wild Pokémon?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I think that works the same as Safari Zone, not sure though.

I also got a question. I'm abusing my ID/SID combo in Diamond, but when I enter my obtained ID, I get an error. When I press GO next to Seed (Hex): it just stops running, and when I hit Find Compatible Seeds, I get this:

"Unhandled expection has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format."

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: More people are getting this error, is Pandora's Box broken?

Hey guys, 2 quick questions about Great Marsh abuse:

1. Is it possible to take leads? (Synchronize,Cute Charm, Suction Cups)
2. What encounter method do I choose in the RNG Reporter main window? Safari Zone or normal Wild Pokémon?
I found both out on my own already :D

EDIT: I do have some questions though about the RNG I just did.

I wanted to get a Skorupi/Drapion from Great Marsh. I wanted it to be female and have a Jolly nature with a 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread.

As you can see, the Required Lead column for the highlighted spread says Cute Charm (female).

So I input this all into the RNG reporter main window, which gave me this:

The 50% F Column for frame 254 (highlighted the wrong row, sorry :evan:) shows M. I tested this and also came up with a Male Drapion with everything else being correct. I circumvented this by taking a Male Cute Charm lead, resulting in the Drapion being female.

Is there a bug in Time Finder or is something else causing this?

Hey,

Just wondering if someone could check my shiny frames within the first 100k frames for my Emerald version, as I do not have access to RNG Reporter. My TID/SID pair is 56124/36486. Maybe just post a screen capture?

Thanks!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I'm still doing this ID/SID abuse. When I get a combo, I'm 1 second above the one I should have. I added 1 to my calibrated second, which made it 15. Tried again and got the right second, only my delay was 60 too high. Updated the timer, and than it got back to the values it had when I started.. how can I fix this?

Calibrated Delay: 600
Calibrated Sec: 14
Target Delay: 5095
Target Sec: 50

First result gave me Delay 5097 Sec 51. Updated timer stats to this:
Calibrated Delay: 600
Calibrated Sec: 15

Tried again, got Delay 5155 Sec 50. Updated timer stats to this:
Calibrated Delay: 660
Calibrated Sec: 14

Got the same result, so I didn't gain anything on it. What to do?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
For chained shiny Pokémon, if you're not going after a Pokéradar exclusive Pokémon, how do you get the one you're after? Example for Trophy Garden special Pokémon like Eevee and Porygon...

I've never used the Pokéradar before so it's probably obvious, but it's not in the on-site guide... or I'm blind.

Edit: Never mind, I got it...

For chained shiny Pokémon, if you're not going after a Pokéradar exclusive Pokémon, how do you get the one you're after? Example for Trophy Garden special Pokémon like Eevee and Porygon...

I've never used the Pokéradar before so it's probably obvious, but it's not in the on-site guide... or I'm blind.
I think you just need to search for another encounter slot in Time Finder. The rest should be equal I think.

(Not sure though).

im just curious.. is there information on how to rng on pokemon xd or colliseum on a gamecube? and where can we find it?
because im wondering how in one of the trade threads a guy has perfect flawless pokemon from those games... Or is it only from an emulator

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
im just curious.. is there information on how to rng on pokemon xd or colliseum on a gamecube? and where can we find it?
because im wondering how in one of the trade threads a guy has perfect flawless pokemon from those games... Or is it only from an emulator
Only doable on emu; It's not possible to RNG Colo/XD on retail CDs. And even then, only a handful of individuals know how the RNG works for those games, so it isn't documented as much as, say, G5.

When doing Emerald RNG you're able to use the main window of RNG Reporter to see what frame you've landed on. How would you go about doing this for RS since I looked up the frame I found through the Time Finder (3rd Gen) on the main window however the frame that is SUPPOSED to be my target frame is completely different than the one I found via Time Finder.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
When doing Emerald RNG you're able to use the main window of RNG Reporter to see what frame you've landed on. How would you go about doing this for RS since I looked up the frame I found through the Time Finder (3rd Gen) on the main window however the frame that is SUPPOSED to be my target frame is completely different than the one I found via Time Finder.
Dead battery? Did you input anything in the seed area? R/S with dry batteries use seed 5A0.

It's a dead battery so I just ticked the Dead Battery box. I'm doing a Method 1 Pokemon and usually when I do it on Emerald I just search for the frame I landed on via the main window of the RNG Reporter.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's a dead battery so I just ticked the Dead Battery box. I'm doing a Method 1 Pokemon and usually when I do it on Emerald I just search for the frame I landed on via the main window of the RNG Reporter.
Searching in the main window is the same as Emerald, except you need to put 5A0 in the Seed field.

Searching in the main window is the same as Emerald, except you need to put 5A0 in the Seed field.
Ah! That's what it was thank you :)

EDIT: What method would I use for wild Pokemon in Ruby? Is it Method H-2? I'm assuming it is since it's one of three methods that'll allow me to pick any kind of encounter slot, which is what I'm trying to achieve. If I choose the regular Method 2 it doesn't allow me to assign a particular encounter slot.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Ah! That's what it was thank you :)

EDIT: What method would I use for wild Pokemon in Ruby? Is it Method H-2? I'm assuming it is since it's one of three methods that'll allow me to pick any kind of encounter slot, which is what I'm trying to achieve. If I choose the regular Method 2 it doesn't allow me to assign a particular encounter slot.
It's Method H-2, sometimes H-4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)