Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright so now I'm a little lost, can I not use Method H-1 for stationary Pokemon on RS? Because it does give you the option to choose what type of encounter it is under this method?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Alright so now I'm a little lost, can I not use Method H-1 for stationary Pokemon on RS? Because it does give you the option to choose what type of encounter it is under this method?
Stationaries are plain Method 1 in all GBA games IIRC; FrLg might be the only exceptions. I know Game Corner mons are Method 1.

Does FrLg start on seed 5A0 like RS as well?
No, infact FR/LG seed differently altogether compared to R/S.

As you already know, R/S seeds based on Time and Date. With a dead battery, R/S have the default seed of 5A0 and will remain that way. Because of this flaw, one could manipulate the starting seed by disconnecting the battery, reconnecting it and then wait for a specific seed to roll over and then RNG on that seed.

However, FR/LG do not have an internal clock(no battery, see for yourself inside the cartridge). So they must seed in a different method. How do they do this? They seed based on user input. The seed starts rolling at the beginning of the title screen(Not the Gengar/Nidorino intro), and end a few seconds after Venu/Zard's cry ends with the press of A.

Now you might think "Well that's not too bad I guess, just need to be precise, right?"

Well, not quite, I believe there are 256 seeds in FR/LG(I think), and the game runs on a 16MHz timer. It literally goes through all possible seeds in about 0.039 seconds, therefore making it almost impossible to abuse.

Kinda kicking a dead horse here (my apologies), but I'm attempting to RNG a starter on Diamond, and I have a question concerning RNGReporter. In the main window, listed next to each frame is a time. Logically, it should represent the amount of time taken to get to each specific frame. However, I don't know this for sure, and if it is true, then I'm pretty screwed. See, I chose a decent frame 1 spread for a Chimchar, but the time listed next to it is 0:00:01. Unless I can confirm that I need to choose a spread with a different frame, I will assume the time doesn't mean anything. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
The time listed in the Main Window doesn't mean anything for 4th gen - it's used for 3rd gen. You would be advancing the frame in a different way if it were possible.

Thanks for the response- it completely slipped my mind that Method 1 wasn't exclusively 4th Gen. So, assuming I have the right timing/delay/etc. , and barring any possible frame advances throughout the sequence prior to acquiring the starter, I should be able to get my frame 1 spread.

Mind you, since they all have a starting frame of 1, does receiving one advance the frame at all? Even if it brings the frames up to 2, that would be good to know.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
No, infact FR/LG seed differently altogether compared to R/S.

As you already know, R/S seeds based on Time and Date. With a dead battery, R/S have the default seed of 5A0 and will remain that way. Because of this flaw, one could manipulate the starting seed by disconnecting the battery, reconnecting it and then wait for a specific seed to roll over and then RNG on that seed.

However, FR/LG do not have an internal clock(no battery, see for yourself inside the cartridge). So they must seed in a different method. How do they do this? They seed based on user input. The seed starts rolling at the beginning of the title screen(Not the Gengar/Nidorino intro), and end a few seconds after Venu/Zard's cry ends with the press of A.

Now you might think "Well that's not too bad I guess, just need to be precise, right?"

Well, not quite, I believe there are 256 seeds in FR/LG(I think), and the game runs on a 16MHz timer. It literally goes through all possible seeds in about 0.039 seconds, therefore making it almost impossible to abuse.
All right, please don't take this the wrong way; I just gotta get the right info out there.

1) 65536 possible seeds, 0x0000 - 0xFFFF.

2) I'm 99.98% sure that seeding starts at power on, and if not, then at the Gengar intro. If it started at the title screen, wouldn't the skipping method only use 2 presses, not 3?

3) I think you're forgetting that in RSE, the next seed is ALWAYS determined by the LCRNG equation, title screen or not. Waiting for a particular seed "to RNG on" is 4th or 5th Gen.

All right, please don't take this the wrong way; I just gotta get the right info out there.
No hard feelings, I'm tired as hell anyway.

1) 65536 possible seeds, 0x0000 - 0xFFFF.
Not sure where I got 256 then, but you're right. My bad.

2) I'm 99.98% sure that seeding starts at power on, and if not, then at the Gengar intro. If it started at the title screen, wouldn't the skipping method only use 2 presses, not 3?
When I was viewing the seed via VBA, it looked like it started running through seeds after the Nido/Gengar fight, as soon as the trumpet started to play the title screen music.

3) I think you're forgetting that in RSE, the next seed is ALWAYS determined by the LCRNG equation, title screen or not. Waiting for a particular seed "to RNG on" is 4th or 5th Gen.
I was referring to live battery abuse where you take out the battery to have it sit at 5A0, put it back and power it on. Since the RTC's running now, say I want seed 5A7. I'd wait 7 minutes before turning on my game/soft resetting and when it's 7 minutes, soft reset and have the seed of 5A7

Hope I made that clear, and if not, apologies to both of you, I am running on no sleep.

How would I go about calculating my starting seed from a Pokemon I captured in FRLG? Seems you have to manually do it from what I've read but I'm at a loss as to what the formula is.

How would I go about calculating my starting seed from a Pokemon I captured in FRLG? Seems you have to manually do it from what I've read but I'm at a loss as to what the formula is.
Must first have rngreporter and FRLGSeedFinder(At the bottom of the first post)

(Cant save doing this and you seed will always be different upon restarting)
1. Start game.

2. Find wild pokemon quickly and capture it.

3. Find the IV of the wild pokemon.

4. In RNGReport under 4gen tools, open "Calculate PID from IV.

5. Input the nature and IV of that pokemon and click calculate.

6. This is tricky
Ignore any Method that come up as "HGSS or DPPT". Look for seeds that have Method 2 or 4 or even 1(if the pokemon was stationary). You can have multiple Method 2,4 and you will have to check them manually. Remember Wild pokemon are result are in Method 2 or 4.

7.Input the seed(s) into FRLGSeedView, it usually the topmost result
To determine if you find the right seed, input the seed in rngporter and look for the frame from the result. If the pokemon IV and nature is near that frame then it the right seed. it shouldnt be off more than maybe 10 frames

If not then either you chose the wrong seed from FRLGSeedfinder or Calculate PID from IV.

@Fisherman_P
Im not sure but others said it when you press A and hear the pokemon cry(Seed selected and frame starts). From my experience with Mewtwo, when I try to rng it, I would be 1000s to 10s frames under my target frame. This mean if the frame really did start to advance upon turning the system on, I really shouldn't be 1000s under my target frame. But anyway it goes, unless emu, FRLG on a cart is basic suicide, well for near flawless anyway, or unless someone is extremely lucky and a near-flawless or flawless seed have a low frame

@DarkChaos (HCZ) Thank you very much! I successfully RNGed a shiny starter :) albeit crappy IVs & nature but nonetheless I succeeded. Just to be clear am I right in understanding that BASICALLY every time you start the game anew the seed WILL change and the only way to 'predict' what seed you're hitting more consistently than others is to rinse and repeat correct?

@DarkChaos (HCZ) Thank you very much! I successfully RNGed a shiny starter :) albeit crappy IVs & nature but nonetheless I succeeded. Just to be clear am I right in understanding that BASICALLY every time you start the game anew the seed WILL change and the only way to 'predict' what seed you're hitting more consistently than others is to rinse and repeat correct?[/QUOTE]basically yes

Sounds good...

On another note I was aiming for a rather high frame and eventually was able to 'somewhat' hit it but it's taking the first half (HP/Atk/Def) of the TARGET frame and the second half (SpA/SpD/Spe) of the following frame...is this inevitable for certain frames or is their a reason this occurs?

Sounds good...

On another note I was aiming for a rather high frame and eventually was able to 'somewhat' hit it but it's taking the first half (HP/Atk/Def) of the TARGET frame and the second half (SpA/SpD/Spe) of the following frame...is this inevitable for certain frames or is their a reason this occurs?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Sounds good...

If I'm doing the math in my head right, it sounds like you're hitting Method 4.

With the newer version of the RNG Reporter, is it still possible to access the Time Finder to look for seeds? I don't see it as an option under 4th gen tools.

Reason I'm asking is that I had a Latios on HG with a timid method K spread whose synch frame is pretty low (under 10), but I can't find that spread on either PokeRNG or RNG Reporter's Search Seed by RNG. And I know I'm not crazy because someone has the same exact Latios on Pokecheck: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4390436.

Can anyone tell which seed that was? Pokecheck only shows the PID.

Thanks!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Hit the button Time Finder, below that you will have three options:

- 5th Generation Time Finder
- 4th Generation Time Finder
- 3th Generation Time Finder

I'm trying to hit the right delay for capturing a Giratina with a good IV spread in Pearl but all the seeds that have good IV spreads have delays of 603~608 which I can't seem to hit because even when mashing A to get to the "Continue" screen the earliest delay I can get is about 624. I'm using Eon timer. Is it even possible to start the game with a delay of 603?

I'm trying to hit the right delay for capturing a Giratina with a good IV spread in Pearl but all the seeds that have good IV spreads have delays of 603~608 which I can't seem to hit because even when mashing A to get to the "Continue" screen the earliest delay I can get is about 624. I'm using Eon timer. Is it even possible to start the game with a delay of 603?
I figured it out. The default Min/Max Delay for 4th Gen Time Finder is 600/610. I changed it to 650/3000.

im trying to use pandora box on the new rng reporter this message appear " no profiles were detected.please setup a profile first" btw im on gen 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)