1. The moderators of this forum are Jirachee, idiotfrommars, Luigi, M Dragon, Malekith, Mazinger, Quite Quiet, TDK, and Tony.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Most Uber Tournament Ever V - Signups (GOT 24 TEAMS, ROUND 1 SOON)

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by SparksBlade, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Melle2402

Melle2402

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. Vileman

Vileman It's always christmas!
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

vamos equipo xD
    Real FV13 and Melle2402 like this.
  3. blarghlfarghl

blarghlfarghl

4. byee

byee

5. sassyaccident

sassyaccident

Can I know why my team does not show up? n.n
  6. SparksBlade

SparksBlade blood heats skin prickles you kindle something in me
    is a Pre-Contributor

16 teams now, i'll post round 1 in a bit
    scratch that, check op for the complete list of teams(these 16 teams are in)

1. name under construction (Lacus Clyne, Arii Stella, ict, Poek, Gastrik)
    2. Team Will Come Up With a Better Name later (SANJAY, Sharp Ladder UU, Osh, MJ, Hamhamhamham)
    3. not sure of the name cuz im bad (Level 56, Pohjis, Cynara, EternalSnowman, Mr.378)
    4. Doubles sluts (Matame, Demantoid, Toxigen, lilly momo, Paraplegic)
    5. nomekoptakcusew (Dominatio, 0kay, Mysterious M, Serga, Not Troller)
    6. Never-Ending-NightPigeons (ahhh, expurement, nishikino kotori, loving1096, Vc Altaria)
    7. Secret Boner Rubbing Squad (hexed, K Legacy, xCaptainHero, Loloartsi, Bhris Brown)
    8. Team If We Win BKC Brings Back The Pompadour (The Trap God, dice, BKC, Fireburn, Nayrz)
    9. Park Shin Hye lovers (Jhonx~, EG Tamalin, sassyaccident, -Sora-, thunder n' blazes)
    10. Kearb Nemyh Yloh (Holy Break, CKW, KyogreF4N, VictoriasDelibirds, ImIsaP)
    11. ur mum xD (Arifeen, Mir Sayad, Arik, tehdicktutor, ayman x)
    12. Eternia's Council (Rodriblutar, Garay oak, Sacri', Lord Outrage, Real FV13)
    13. Thicc Eyebrows (Seo., iRKD, Hys, EricSaysHi, zugubu royale)
    14. Terremotos (didi, Spl4sh, Nintendi, Sombolo, Brazilian Army)
    15. RAYMOND ABLES and his BOYS (imsosorrylol, chop, blarghlfarghl, Infamy, Aurora)
    16. barack obama taskforce (obii, TDK, blunder, KratosMana, soulgazer)
    if you guys changed your name, pm me on discord or something im not going back to check (i changed jhonx's team name cos sassyaccident's suggestion was just BETTER)
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    hexed, Infamy, Toxigen and 4 others like this.
  7. Seo.

Seo.

u tagged hyw but the one on our team is Hys lol
    SparksBlade likes this.
  8. Melle2402

Melle2402

Why not making it a 32 teams tour? After ~24 hours there are about 20 teams + free agents
    Flamestar and byronthewellwell like this.
  9. PROBLEMS

PROBLEMS ???????
    is a Pre-Contributor

hello, can me and some of the old farts join as per mute tradition? we promise to behave and leave quitely after R1 as we have no idea what we are doing

name: god help us

PROBLEMS
    Evuelf
    Edgar
    Hack
    Kebabe
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    byronthewellwell and Evuelf like this.
  10. Marcelinho Rodrigues

Marcelinho Rodrigues

11. Hack

Hack
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus
    Ubers Co-Leader

confirm
  12. SparksBlade

SparksBlade blood heats skin prickles you kindle something in me
    is a Pre-Contributor

Ok so to clear things up, I'll explain why signups closed after 24 hours, why I was unwilling to expand it to 24 or 32 teams, and what I'm gonna do next.

MUTE's been done as a 5-man team tour since forever, with 16 teams netting in 80 players in total which used to be a decent size for Ubers tours. I went with the same old this time as well, remembering that last year it took 3 days for 16 teams to finally fill in. Surprisingly, this time there were 16 confirmed teams within 24 hours of signups going up, and by the time I got around to checking on that, there were about 18 almost completely confirmed teams and a dozen or so free agents. Admittedly, I probably could have anticipated this seeing how every tour was getting so many signups, and made some changes to the tour so we could accommodate more players, but I was very busy with work+had very limited internet access last week and didn't give it much thought. I'll also admit it was extremely unfair for so many people that they couldn't join the tour just cos they were 24 hours late, but I did have my reasons for not expanding the tour size:
    • one option was to make it the tour's size 24. This would in the end result in a round robin final, which I was really against cos it was just so awkward
    • second option was to increase the size to 32. This, while logically better, wasn't so sound cos even for individual tours we rarely get even 128 signups, so getting 160 players for this was highly unlikely and I wasn't gonna wait for it

I got many complaints about this, which are all fair but I didn't have any other solution I liked, so I just had to take the blame for it all. idiotfrommars talked to me about it and agreed that the other options I have are too weird/not feasible. Hack talked to me as well after which I was a bit more willing to consider increasing the tour size to 24, even if it's gonna be weird af. I talked to Quite Quiet regarding this and he believed that 24 hours only for signup wasn't really fair and, while very weird, a round robin final is probably the best solution out of all other options available. So now I'm changing the tour size to 24 teams, and sorry to everyone for the inconvenience. I tried to do what I thought was the better solution, but since all solutions are inconvenient, might as well go with what pleases more players.

I didn't go back to check how many teams are there after the 16 were confirmed, so hurry up and get your teams made.

Tagging the players who posted lineups that weren't completely confirmed, or were confirmed after the 16 so that if you have any changes that you made, or are no longer interested, lemme know on discord, by a VM, on PS, or even just this thread.
    Show Hide
  13. Colonel M

Colonel M Like a Pope
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

In as free agent.
    Lacus Clyne, CKW and soviet like this.
  14. Kory2600

Kory2600

15. Kebabe

Kebabe

16. Asuya

Asuya
    is a Past SPL Champion

In as free agent
  17. Reviloja753

Reviloja753

18. DDarken

DDarken formerly Sunding

19. Vinz28

Vinz28

20. Dbasso

Dbasso

21. Dragonjarl

Dragonjarl

22. Flamestar

Flamestar formerly ItsYaBoi1337

23. egalvanc

egalvanc

24. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

free agent
  25. Level 56

Level 56 n_n
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
    UU Tour Champion

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)