Most Uber Tournament Ever V - won by Fireburn and team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader

^ made by bugmaniacbob for smog23

Introduction(written by yohoE, will be used for next 13 iterations as well. i also added 4 words)

Welcome all to the 5th edition of the Most UBER Tournament Ever, also known as MUTE. This tournament will be hosted by SparksBlade, with major contributions from Arii Stella, Dominatio, Hack, Lacus Clyne, and WreckDra.

Ubers is a tier where only the manliest, most based Pokemon reside. Pokemon such as the behemoth, Primal-Groudon; Pokemon like the bloodcurdling Mega-Salamence. You see, there are no counters in Ubers, and there are close to no safe switch-ins. In Ubers, you always have to assess your situation; you always have to think about which Pokemon you don't need, and which Pokemon will bring you the win. This Tier is as fast-paced as they come; this Tier is as team-reliant as it comes. As stated in former MUTE Tournaments, our Tier, sadly, is not getting the attention and love it deserves. In the words of the great Furai, it's time to give Ubers the love it deserves. We will be rekindling arguably the best Ubers tournament ever created, hosted originally by some of the all-time Ubers greats such as Bojangles, Hugendugen, Zephyr, Furai, Firemage, and Fireburn (and me last year!): THE MOST UBER TOURNAMENT EVER!

General Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Standard SM Ubers
  • Single Elimination
  • Matches should be conducted on Pokemon Showdown! You may play on Pokemon Online if both players agree to do so.
  • Save replays of your games in case of discrepancies!

Special Rules:
  • This will be a team tournament akin to Team Trials. There will be teams of 5. We will have 24 teams, chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
    • Everybody on the team must confirm
    • Come up with an awesome name
    • For those who do not have a team, I will be keeping a list of “free agents” so go ahead and express interest! I will not be making teams though, so it is your responsibility to seek out other free agents.
    • IMPORTANT: When you sign up as a team, each member will be randomly assigned to be in a Division (A-E are possibilities). When teams play each other, people will play the corresponding player in their division. The restrictions will be given by division as well. YOU MAY NOT CHANGE DIVISIONS.
  • Every round, each division will be given a teambuilding restriction. You obviously must follow this.
  • Yes, this means you are building a new team every round. I still expect people to adhere to strict deadlines.
  • Build your teams with your team!
  • YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN
  • and hate fireburn

-----------------------
The Restrictions
A team(that is, all 5 members) can use a mon only once. To clarify:
  • If player A uses Xerneas in his/her game, then the remaining 4 players cannot use Xerneas
  • Arceus formes are counted as separate entities: if player A uses Arceus-Rock, then player B may use any Arceus form besides Rock and so on.
  • Deoxys formes are counted as separate entities: if player A uses Deoxys-S, then player B may use any Deoxys form besides Speed.
  • Giratina formes are counted as separate entities: if player A uses Giratina-O, then player B may use Giratina-A.
  • Primal/Mega and base formes are the same: if player A uses regular Groudon, then the remaining 4 players cannot use regular and Primal Groudon. Similarly if player A uses regular Mewtwo, then remaining players cannot use Mewtwo or any of its Megas.
All players are required to send me their teams before playing to confirm the Arceus forme. If you're using Arceus and at the end of the game it isn't revealed, and you didn't send me your team, then your remaining teammates are barred from using Arceus at all in that series.

Use https://cryptobin.co/ for added safety cos I'm a human too and you have reason to not trust me.

s/o Omfuga for making this my fav restriction due to this gem of a game from last year
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...r-iv-semis-check-post-7.3575909/#post-6872676

-----------------------​

Jesús and Leon's children~ (0) vs Team If We Win BKC Brings Back The Pompadour (0)
Lacus Clyne vs Nayrz - act
ict barrington :racehorse: vs The Trap God - act
Gastrik vs Fireburn
Poek vs dice - act
Arii Stella vs BKC

Team If We Win BKC Brings Back The Pompadour (0) vs god help us (1)
Fireburn vs Edgar
Nayrz vs Kebabe

The Trap God vs Hack
BKC vs PROBLEMS
dice vs Evuelf

god help us (1) vs Jesús and Leon's children~ (3)
PROBLEMS vs ict barrington :racehorse:
Evuelf vs Poek
Edgar vs Lacus Clyne (Kyurem-Black, Gengar, Klefki, Landorus-T, Pheromosa, Arceus-Dragon VS Arceus-Flying, Gothitelle, Palkia, Metagross, Shuckle, Landorus-T)
Kebabe vs Gastrik (Xatu, Zygarde, Arceus-Fairy, Ho-Oh, Ferrothorn, Gothitelle VS Kyogre, Ferrothorn, Clefable, Arceus-Poison, Skarmory, Gyarados)
Hack vs Arii Stella (Smeargle, Lunala, Kyogre, Gyarados, Genesect, Arceus-Ice VS Dugtrio, Klefki, Mewtwo, Yveltal, Marshadow, Gengar)

TIEBREAK

Fireburn vs Gastrik
Gastrik vs Hack
Hack vs Fireburn

-----------------------​

REPLAYS ARE NECESSARY!! NO WIN WILL BE COUNTED TILL THE REPLAYS OF THE GAMES BEFORE IT(AND FOR THAT GAME ITSELF) ARE POSTED IN THIS THREAD/GIVEN TO ME.

Last edited:
holy shit these are some match ups

also those are some nice restrictions

i guess they don't carry over series though? We get to use pdon once vs fireburns team and once vs lacus?

also speaking of which, I assume groudon = primal groudon and such

also strategic forfeiting sounds dumb? It promotes you to not build teams in advance but rather wait for teammates to play so you know exactly what arceus you can use. This decreases the finesse of teams as arceus are essential cornerstones to defensive synergy. A lot of teambuilding strategy goes out the window basically. For example I know only 1 our opponents can use an arceus-ground... unless they don't reveal it, which makes you unable to make use of the information the restriction provides properly. I can think of a 100 scenarios where this rule just pisses on a would-be great restriction. Strategic forfeiting is just retarded on many levels. Why not have people send in their teams beforehand so you can verify their arceus?

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i guess they don't carry over series though? We get to use pdon once vs fireburns team and once vs lacus?
Yes, they don't carry over the 2 series, so you can use pdon once vs both teams.
also speaking of which, I assume groudon = primal groudon and such
Yes, megas and primals count same as the base mon, so pdon=regular don when counting used mons. Arceus, Giratina and Deoxys formes count as separate.
also strategic forfeiting sounds dumb? It promotes you to not build teams in advance but rather wait for teammates to play so you know exactly what arceus you can use. This decreases the finesse of teams as arceus are essential cornerstones to defensive synergy. A lot of teambuilding strategy goes out the window basically. For example I know only 1 our opponents can use an arceus-ground... unless they don't reveal it, which makes you unable to make use of the information the restriction provides properly. I can think of a 100 scenarios where this rule just pisses on a would-be great restriction. Strategic forfeiting is just retarded on many levels. Why not have people send in their teams beforehand so you can verify their arceus?
I did this cos it's similar to the team preservation idea from dpp and earlier, where you try to reveal as few of your mons as possible to keep information from the opp, which I liked.

That said, admittedly it's stupid of me to keep this in a round robin team tour final, which will be quite long anyway, and as you said waiting for teammates to play will mean it'll take forever. so i'll remove that, and players are required to send teams to me before playing

If you don't send your team to me and there's an unrevealed Arceus from your team at the end of the game, your remaining teammates will be barred from using Arceus at all in that series.

Use https://cryptobin.co/ for added safety cos I'm a human too and you have reason to not trust me.

combination of misclick and a choke to give away a win in horrible fashion, I guess I am fucking horrible after all

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
+problems: ICT
+ict***************: sup problems
+problems: when we playin
+ict***************: i have no team and dont wanna play + noone really cares about that tour

we take those

SparksBlade

Community Leader
TIEBREAKER

The 3 teams choose 1 player each and play a simple round robin of SM Ubers. No funky rules.

The chosen players are Fireburn Gastrik Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)