Most Underated Pokemon in 4th Gen

The only thing worse than a Curse + Recover Cradily is a RestTalk one. It sucks so much when you use Toxic and think "I win" and then they use Rest.

People finally giving Cradily recognition :)

I've used Curse Cradily in sand before and it's one of the best sweepers I've ever used. It's ridiculous, it really just refuses to die with a couple boosts.

Lapras is a lol, but Cradily is truly underrated. It beat 5 of my Pokes once with Stockpile. It freaking DOES NOT DIE.
Plus it's unusual looking confuses opponents as they don't know it's weakness lol. They can't tell if it's rock or grass. It's a freaking plant with a long neck! What type is it?!

Actually, Cradily isn't based off a plant, just something old that looks like a plant.

Anyways, I find it surprising how Grass and Rock alone have the most weaknesses in the game (5) while Grass+Rock only has 4 weaknesses. (Then again, many pokemon do this Sableye and Spiritomb are probably obvious.) If Cradily had 10 weaknesses, this argument would not be going on, even if it had Wonder Guard as well.

i always thought that cradily was based off of like a sea polyp or an anemone? o.0

anyway hitmontop is a pretty underrated spinner. it's especially good on hail teams being one of the best tyranitar counters out there, having the bulk to take hits and having the power to dish out a hurting

I quit whenever I see Curse Cradily, personally. You lose if your out of strong Close Combats or Meteor Mashes (and I mean CB or Boostable). Can't phaze the motherfucker either. Blah.

-Zapdos. Nobody really seems to appreciate it and it is consistently overlooked, but not only is it incredibly anti-metagame, it's GOOD. SubRoost is freakin' amazing, and Offensive is good as well. Defensive sets are excellent on bulky offense teams.

-Snorlax. Again, very anti-metagame and the CB set or Curse set are both incredibly awesome against your standard f/w/g cores nowadays. Sometimes it's hard to fit into a team, but once you do it works pretty great.

-Empoleon. Really awesome cleaner-upper that everybody seems to forget about, and given the proper support it is really good. Heatrap or Heatran with Explosion basically eliminates anything that could stop it.

As for non-OU Pokemon, I find that Lanturn and Venusaur are both excellent choices.

Roserade. Easily. Although not overly popular in OU, it has many, many opportunities to switch in on Pokemon such as Vaporeon, Shaymin, Rotom and Gengar and has very respectable special bulk. It can also lay Toxic Spikes / Spikes and put a Pokemon to sleep with its good speed. Its Special Attack is also high enough to break a Rotom / Gengar's substitute with Energy Ball without EV investment, which is pretty impressive. Roserade has become a staple on many of my teams and think it should have been used a lot more!

Special RD Kingdra is one of the best late-games cleaners ever. It can set up on so many pokemon and can blast past anything that isn't a bulky water or blissey.

The only kingdra i seen lately are in rain teams. It needs more recognition as a stand-alone sweeper.

Cradily was the first thing I was thinking of reading this thread title... shouldnt be surprised it's practically all that's been discussed for the past few pages.

Personally I usually just use a non-boosting Toxic / Protect / Recover / Rock Slide one. Goes through teams often enough (though maybe not as effectively as a Curser / Stockpile) but a lot less risk involved.

How is there risk in the Curse set?

Anyways, easily Electivire. Its 'crappiness' has been blown so out of proportion that everyone is convinced it's terrible, when really it's quite decent just not the best OU poke.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
dragonite

cb outrage tears muthafuckas up. it wasnt and still isnt outclassed by mence, they do two totally different things...

And D-nite gets Extremespeed (and in this gen Aqua Jet, but that's illegal with Extremespeed) and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt and Hurricane.

Manectric, Drapion, Sharpedo, and Golem are a few of my favorites in UU.

Snorlax, Ninjask, Jolteon, and Dusknoir for OU.

Don't forget Mamoswine.

Singlehandedly beating Salamence, Dragonite, Metagross, Heatran, and Tyranitar as well as being able to KO any kind of DD Gyarados at -1 with Stone Edge + Ice Shard.

Fuck yeah

Yeah CB outrage is bloody powerful :o
Used it in tandem with Magnezone, scarfFlygon, and ChestoRestKingdra. Triple dragon trololol

i think one of the most underrated mons is tangrowth...it has the potential to wall weak supereffective physical attacks and it can attack from both sides of the spectrum having access to swords dance and growth(even though growth in 4th generation is not really good)...sure it is let down from pathetic sp. defense even though it has a nice hp stat and access to amnesia...of course amnesia is a bit difficult to find its spot in its moveslot and also its speed is low unless you are running a sunny team and chlorophyll...also both of its abilities are decent each serving a different role...the bad thing is that they only work in sunlight and with the abundance of heatran and infernape in this gen tangrowth's life is really difficult...but i believe it's a pokemon that deserves to be taken into consideration...

Tangrowth is an amazing physical wall, stopping Gyarados and Tyranitar easily. Power Whip and Sleep Powder are excellent moves.....but the downside is that he doesn't nearly offer the insurance against special waters that Celebi or Shaymin does.

Tauros, hands down the most underrated. It outspeeds most of the metagame, and hits like a truck. It even learns pursuit and payback to handle those pesky ghosts. Intimidate even gives it good physical bulk. It probably doesn't belong in ou, but nu is way too low for the bull. I've swept ou teams with a little stealth rock support. With a life orb it can two hit ko everything not named skarmory or bronzong (why it shouldn't be ou) and still outspeed things like gengar. It's a beast. It should be high uu. Heracross also gets a mention. It's waaaaay too good for uu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)