Most Underated Pokemon in 4th Gen

I can agree with Cradily, the other two...not so much.

I've been walled to hell and back by Cradily. It's insane in its walling abilities, it's just about impossible to take down.

I'd also like to add in Registeel. 80/150/150 defenses anyone? Its offensive stats aren't the best but does it need them when it has Seismic Toss? Iron Head/Curse/ResTalk seriously fucks me up.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
... Care to actually justify those, ESPECIALLY Raticate?
If I had to guess, Super Fang, followed by a STAB Guts-boosted Quick Attack, or Guts-boosted Sucker Punch might make a dent in anything that doesn't resist it, and is a halfway decent wallbreaker strategy. Though honestly Crobat does the job better at wallbreaking, imo.

Hey! You all forgot about Claydol!
I use a Claydol lead, Modest, 252 Hp, 252 SpA, 4 Def or whatever, with Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Earth Power, and Ice Beam. The only really bad matchups are things like Gengar and Breloom, which are pretty rare in the lead spot anyway, and Azelf, which can Taunt, Stealth Rock, and Explode. I can 2HKO with Ice Beam if I expect the Taunt however, and that usually leads straight to Explosion with no rocks on either side.
Claydol is a way better spinner than most people think...

OU Parafusion Lanturn! It has pretty good bulk, and amazing typing and it can cripple sweepers with Parafusion of course. Plus watching people use Electric attacks on it or switching it in on Electric type attacks is always a blast.

Mmm, not sold on Lanturn. First of all, I've used it. It always did its job, e.g. walling Water types and Electric types, but it still usually ended up being the least useful team member.

Sniper Drapion, definitely. Great coverage, and few weaknesses (granted, one of them is the omnipresent Earthquake). A sniper-boosted Night Slash mauls Psychics, and the fire-types trying to counter it don't appreciate a x 3 critical Earthquake in reply. Ice Fang and Cross Poison complete the coverage.

Far from perfect but very capable of sweeps as long as heavy-hitting grounds are removed first.

I'm going to throw Nidoqueen into the mix. It remains to this day the best lead I have. I run a set with T-Spikes, Roar, Ice Beam and Earth Power, and it works wonders. I absolutely hate Stealth Rock so therefore I do not use it. After getting two layers of Toxic Spikes up, I can either Roar them away or attack depending on what I am facing.

Quagsire! It was able to deal with so many other water types, especially useful against bulky waters with it's access to Toxic. It was also like the perfect counter for Starmies without GK.

SubRoost Zapdos is good but somewhat uncommon, considering it sets up on a lot of common stuff in the metagame. SubCharge Lanturn fulfills a unique niche as an offensive set that can wall LO Starmie, Offensive Suicune, etc. Anti-lead Gallade is pretty effective - it's similar to Machamp but with extra Speed. There's a lot of other sets, but those are some of the ones I like.

Glad someone mentioned Quagsire, its pretty good.

Problem I always had with SubRoost Zapdos is that its so difficult to build a team for it. You usually want Toxic Spikes at least; but then you need a spinblocker. Rotom's out, so you have to go to inferior blockers like Gengar, Spiritomb, Mismagius, Dusky etc. The team never seemed to fit together exactly.

I remember tring slowbro out in OU once. It was actually pretty good being a great machamp counter. Might even work better in the 5th gen now with all those fighting types.

WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE BUTTERFREE ITS AMAZINGLY SPECTACULAR OMG ;-; X[ xP!!
Being SR weak and being walled by Heatran don't exactly do it any favors.

Anyways a really underrated mon imo is Jumpluff. I saw bubbly post an RMT with it, and it is the most annoying piece of shit I have ever used, it's incredibly effective. Once you kill the opposing grass type you can just abuse that blazing speed and go to work (think of a really really fast Breloom).

edit: nasty plot celebi needs more attention imo, it's really good and gets a clean sweep off against half the teams out there nowadays

Being SR weak and being walled by Heatran don't exactly do it any favors.

Anyways a really underrated mon imo is Jumpluff. I saw bubbly post an RMT with it, and it is the most annoying piece of shit I have ever used, it's incredibly effective. Once you kill the opposing grass type you can just abuse that blazing speed and go to work (think of a really really fast Breloom).
u r a beast nub xP butterfree obv carries HP ground and OHKOs evil tran xD! silly nub e,e;

Swords Dance Empoleon
Raikou
Zapdos
explain plz

anyways i have been using a venusaur+milotic combination and god damn they are amazing, they both tank special hits incredibly well, cover each others weaknesses and can just status+heal you to hell and back.

^^^^ I used this on my updated Supersonique Electronic team and Milotic worked amazingly by just being exactly what it needed to be- a bulky water that had a 50% recovery move without any bells or whistles. I do wish I could run Surf / Ice Beam / HP Electric / Haze / Recover though. :) Still really excellent as a Dragonite / Gyarados / Heatran stop and the like while still having some extra moveslots to work with. However I recently replaced him with the previous mentioned Quagsire and he is just amazin'. Grass / Ground with Water absorb finally gives me a good Starmie switch in and Encore is stupidly useful for Stat uppers or walls.

Meanwhile Venusaur is an excellent defensive grass type over something like Celebi for a couple of reasons. First, much better typing. The main selling point on Grass / Psychic is fighting resist, and Venusaur has that too, without all the nasty 4x bug / pursuit stuff added. He also absorbs toxic spikes which is just insanely useful! The other big reason is Sleep Powder as an "oh shit" button.

I've got to say that Choice Scarf Scizor is one of the most underatted sets i've ever used. So many people just blindly assume that Scizor is Choice Band and switch in something like Starmie or Celebi to KO, only to be outsped and U-Turned. It's also absolutley hilarious to switch in on a Magnezone and outspeed it and KO with Superpower.

I've got to say that Choice Scarf Scizor is one of the most underatted sets i've ever used. So many people just blindly assume that Scizor is Choice Band and switch in something like Starmie or Celebi to KO, only to be outsped and U-Turned. It's also absolutley hilarious to switch in on a Magnezone and outspeed it and KO with Superpower.
Pre-Platinum, ScarfZor was one of my favorite sets to use. Either trick everything you see with U-turn or annoy the hell outta someone with flinches from Iron Head. It put in work for every team I used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)