1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Most Underated Pokemon in 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Boondocker, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bubbly

bubbly

Yeah, and especially now with Starmie becoming so common.

Scarf Magnezone is another thing which is really great at the moment. It can still kill Skarmory, Forretress without Earthquake, Jirachi, Scizor etc, but it also traps and kills Heatran with HP Ground and removes opposing Lucario easily.
  2. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

Agreeing with bubbly about Magnezone, it traps so many things, especially now that Shed Shell on Skarm/Forry are practically non-existent.

SubCM Raikou is a really great mon, it's fast, it's powerful, and it's bulky. Many teams in today's game with the standard FWG cores can do absolutely nothing as it just sets up in your face and sweeps you with that fantastic psuedo-boltbeam coverage (the only OU mon that resists it is Magnezone and it isn't doing shit back to you after a couple boosts).
  3. Darusare

Darusare

Meh
    magnezone isnt nearly as underrated as magneton
    and magneton ran the steel killer sub to far more success due to his ten more base speed

and the biggest underrated troll
    Regigigas all the way
    its hilarious that ive built a team around him and won a good amount of battles
  4. Azuu

Azuu

Cradily is pretty under rated, right?
    Sandstorm into Stockpile spam = retarded amounts of defenses. Slap on a Toxic and you can just stall people to death.
  5. MasterX

MasterX

manectric is underatted. First, It has a perfect speed tier to run a choice scarf and it gets great coverage. Raikou and jolteon can never run a choice scarf set as good as manectric. A set of Thunderbolt, Hidden power ice,overheat,switcheroo can never be duplicated on any electric type and it nets many KOs on flygons. starmie is revenged, gyara at +1 dnite at +1. Any set up sweeper or wall is quickly exchanged a choice scarf which is really nice. The only problem it could possibly have is being unable to switch in easily but that is doesn't matter because it is a revenge killer coming in a after a kill.
  6. bubbly

bubbly

Something else, Clefable. I just built a team around it and it really is a beast against defensive teams. I was running CM but I've seen Stockpile sets work surprisingly well too.
  7. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

This actually sounds good...I'm inspired to try it out.
    I've been using basically a Blissey-esque Wish passer, and it's incredible. It basically forces stall to PP stall you, and that lets the rest of the team capitalize.
    ---
    Anyways, I really like Uxie...the TrickScarfer beats pretty much every lead bar ScarfRachi.

Specially defensive Scizor, which I saw in Eggbert's RMT, is incredible. Beats Vaporeon and Gyarados 1-on-1 and is just a pain for stall teams to kill.

Specs Kingdra is a monster. People see it and go OMG DD REVENGE WITH FLYGON and get nailed by Draco Meteor...late game you can just spam Surf and clean up.
  8. Santuga

Santuga

Blaziken is pretty underrated in UU. It wrecks stall, he's like the best stall breaker I have ever seen. Mixed priority is the best.
    As already mentioned, SubRoost Zapdos is a motherfucker. It beats Blissey 1v1 :o
    Curse Tyranitar is also pretty underrated. I still remember when I owned entire teams with it, specially when Latias was still OU
  9. Nirobi

Nirobi

lol I've done this too. It does get boring with his slow start after awhile but thats about the only downside
  10. Slightly

Slightly

Do you bother with Protect, or do you just attack for those 5 turns?
  11. bubbly

bubbly

Something more mainstream, but IMO Specs Heatran really doesn't get enough usage.

Heatran vs 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Blissey = 40.8 - 48 %
    w/ Flash Fire = 60.9 - 71.8 %

Blissey takes the Overheat about as well as most bulky waters, so things like Wish Vaporeon are getting 2HKO'd with SR and need to heal continuously to take you on.

I'm mentioning this especially now because of the ridiculous popularity of Gyarados and Starmie compared to other bulky water types, neither of which are safe switchins to Heatran (even disregarding predicted HP Electric or something).
    Starmie actually gets OHKO'd after SR + 1 Spikes all the time without Flash Fire, whereas bulky Gyarados is always OHKO'd after SR with the boost.
  12. BKC

BKC

^ this. <3 SpecsTran, it's absurdly strong.

NP Togekiss needs more love, it sweeps FWG teams so easily, and if you have a bit of luck, once you kill Scarftar, you pretty much 6-0 stall with it (especially if you pack Heal Bell as the fourth move over something like T-Wave/Aura Sphere).
  13. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I liked using both Ambipom and Sceptile in OU.
    Although hard to switch-in due to his fraily, LO Sceptile is an excellent late game sweeper, with great speed, and the ability to hit hard on both sides of the spectrum.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)