Move Equality (Playable) Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Infestation & Sand Tomb are now banned (see post 193)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I get the feeling scald should be banned or have it's power decreased to its original 80 bp because, you know, it's scald.
Amongst all the massive boosts mons get, a 20 bp increase in a move that wasn't broken in OU before now is banworthy? I don't think so. There might be mons that are banworthy, and some of them might abuse scald, but that doesn't mean scald is automatically broken.

Amongst all the massive boosts mons get, a 20 bp increase in a move that wasn't broken in OU before now is banworthy? I don't think so. There might be mons that are banworthy, and some of them might abuse scald, but that doesn't mean scald is automatically broken.
Scald was already broken lol, why do you think UU made a "no scald" ladder

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I get the feeling scald should be banned or have it's power decreased to its original 80 bp because, you know, it's scald.
Scald will remain unchanged because its base power doesn't change under any circumstances excluding the base effects of sun and rain. If people feel a move or Pokemon is broken or uncompetitive after the metagame develops a little, it will be banned like Mud Slap.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Darm sounds pretty fucking scary on paper, but in practice its not THAT powerful. not to mention that SF removes the secondary effects of the moves, which is huge in this metagame.
TBH, 130 BP on every move before STAB is pretty insane, and Sheer Force is great on an offensive ability even if it does f*ck with secondary effects. I think what will hold it back will be its speed though tbh.
Mega Beedrill + Keldeo core is legit unwallable. It just destroys everything...and mega bee u-turns out of its counters.
M-Beedrill can oblitterate all of its counters aside from Talonflame and M-Pinsir once they're on the field due to the almighty Fell Stinger. Seriously a free +2 attack v.s. a large portion of the meta is nothing to scoff at, and it means that it can fit onto a larger range of teams than it would in standard.

Last edited:

xJownage

Scald was already broken lol, why do you think UU made a "no scald" ladder
Scald was broken in uu, not OU, and adding 20 power, including making many other good moves 100 bp, makes the difference negligible. Things like Rock Smash are arguably much more useful for breaking the mons that abuse scald, and this applies for many moves. So while the theoretical 20 bp change in scald is noticeable, even though it doesn't happen, its augmented by the substantial changes brought by this meta.

Sheer force mons have so much fun in this game

Tauros, sheer force life orb headbutt + bulldoze + any other low power sheer force boosted moves. Same for Darmanitan with Flame Charge, bulldoze, rock smash/pup

Entei also does well with life orb flame charge, bulldoze

both bunnies are threats, unless priority moves don't receive move equality. Even so, huge power mons have a great time with their move pools, especially diggersby with all the ORAS tutors

Although this meta sounds fun, there are some strictly powerful moves, i.e. Fell Stinger, that were designed to be weak because of its powerful secondary effect.

I assume beat up maintains a less than 20 base power per hit, or does it change to meet the number of hits? 5 hits 20, 4 hits 25, 3 hits 33, 2 hits 50?

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tauros, sheer force life orb headbutt + bulldoze + any other low power sheer force boosted moves. Same for Darmanitan with Flame Charge, bulldoze, rock smash/pup

both bunnies are threats, unless priority moves don't receive move equality. Even so, huge power mons have a great time with their move pools, especially diggersby with all the ORAS tutors
Bulldoze is, sadly, not 100 BP in this because it gets boosted v.s. an opponent in the semi-invulnerable phase of Dig and it is weakened by Grassy Terrain.

Martin

Although this meta sounds fun, there are some strictly powerful moves, i.e. Fell Stinger, that were designed to be weak because of its powerful secondary effect.

I assume beat up maintains a less than 20 base power per hit, or does it change to meet the number of hits? 5 hits 20, 4 hits 25, 3 hits 33, 2 hits 50?
Beat Up has a base power of -, so it isn't changed. However, if you mean multi-hit moves in general, it is 20 BP for up to 5 hits and 50 BP for up to 2 hits.

Unfortunately, bulldoze isn't boosted :/

Scald wasn't broken, there aren't any moves that are broken in itself. 100BP scald isn't anymore dangerous than 80BP scald, its the 30% burn chance and being water type that makes scald so spammable and amazing

I would try to format this post but I am on mobile, but if moves like draining kiss and parabolic charge are base 100, audino mega with calm mind draining kiss has a lot of fun stalling. Obviously it's not living a poison sting Beedrill but still

xJownage

It would be great if PPS was up...I have a team at the ready. PM me when you see me in the OM room and we can battle, that is, whenever the server comes back up.

It would be great if PPS was up...I have a team at the ready. PM me when you see me in the OM room and we can battle, that is, whenever the server comes back up.
The server is up atm though :P

We'll probably have a lack of people playing Move Equality online atm though.

xJownage

The server is up atm though :P

We'll probably have a lack of people playing Move Equality online atm though.
Its still saying "can't connect to server" atm.

Thundy is a threat now that it gets the flying stab it craves at a high bp. It also can boost without nasty plot :)

Oh god flame charge megazard x. Does he learn it?

Also why are stomp and body slam unboosted? Do they have a damage modifier I don't know about?

xJownage

Still down. Maybe an issue on my end? Would be nice if somebody could verify.
Yeah, its on my end. i got somebody to test on PS and it worked for them, so its this network.

Oh god flame charge megazard x. Does he learn it?

Also why are stomp and body slam unboosted? Do they have a damage modifier I don't know about?
/learn charizard, flame charge
Charizard can learn Flame Charge

stomp and body slam to extra damage on minimize pkmn, although because of evasion clause this is rather negligible.

I forgot about this.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rock Smash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)