Move Equality (Playable) Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Infestation & Sand Tomb are now banned (see post 193)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by The Immortal and thanks to Yuelia for letting me take over and modify the original version of Move Equality after the approval and, less than two hours later, deletion of Averagemoves

credit to Matt_192 for this dank "artwork"

Introduction:
Welcome to Move Equality! This metagame is based around one premise: all moves have the same base powers. Therefore, the viability of a move comes entirely from its accuracy and secondary/tertiary effects.

Mechanics:
All attacks, excluding those which modify their own base power in certain scenarios (e.g. Pursuit, Surf, Assurance, Round and Stomp), are now base 100 power. In addition to this, any move with a priority of anything other than +0 on their damaging hit (e.g. Quick Attack, ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Tail and Focus Punch) or don't use the normal damage formula (e.g. Seismic Toss, Final Gambit, Super Fang etc.) retain their original base powers. In addition, all moves which hit more than once (e.g. Fury Swipes, Double Hit) have new mechanics, which I have clarified below. For reference, here is a list of un-changed attacks:
Moves unaffected because they have increased priority
Quick Attack
Mach Punch
Aqua Jet
Bullet Punch
Ice Shard
Shadow Sneak
Vacuum Wave
Sucker Punch
ExtremeSpeed
Fake Out
Feint
Water Shuriken

Moves unaffected because they have decreased priority
Focus Punch
Avalanche
Revenge
Circle Throw
Dragon Tail
Vital Throw

Moves unaffected because their BP is variable
Rollout
Ice Ball
Magnitude
Fling
Brine
Stomp
Steamroller
Body Slam
Dragon Rush
Flying Press
Phantom Force
Wake Up Slap
Smelling Salts
Hex
Venoshock
Pursuit
Stored Power
Knock Off
Payback
Assurance
Punishment
Weather Ball
Return
Frustration
Spit Up
Beat Up
Triple Kick
Trump Card
Eruption
Water Spout
Gyro Ball
Electro Ball
Acrobatics
Fury Cutter
Echoed Voice
Round
Present
Natural Gift
Low Kick
Grass Knot
Heavy Slam
Heat Crash
Wring Out
Crush Grip
Flail
Reversal
Fire Pledge
Water Pledge
Grass Pledge

Moves unaffected because they ignore the normal damage formula
Super Fang
Psywave
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Guillotine
Horn Drill
Counter
Mirror Coat
Metal Burst
Bide
Seismic Toss
Night Shade
Dragon Rage
Sonic Boom
Endeavor
Final Gambit
The formula for the base power of each strike for attacks which strike more than once are as follows: 100÷[maximum number of hits]. For example, Fury Swipes is 20 BP and Double Hit is 50 BP.

Rules:
  • Standard OU clauses apply.
  • Mega Metagross and Keldeo are banned.
  • Mud Slap, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Infestation and Sand Tomb are banned.
Bans may be changed if necessary.

Move Equality Council
Server(s):
Discussion Room(s):
Current focus of discussion:
  • Power-up Punch

Credit to Quantum Tesseract for the list :)
If you want this on your server, the code can be found in this post. If you add the metagame to your server, please contact me and I will add it to the OP :) If you want move equality 1v1, it can be found in the same post.
Kyurem-B is currently crying in a corner as it still lacks a physical Ice-type STAB move

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I was thinking of things that would be pretty interesting here and these popped up into my mind

Fell Stinger Mega Beedrill for the win
Rapid Spin can now be used both offensivly and defensivly (Base 100 power is pretty nice)
Physical Ghost and Physical Electric types finally have usable stab

hey there, pretty cool metagame!

Does Hidden Power have 100 bp as well? that would be a pretty big deal
Also does Acrobatics have 200 power if no item?
How would Fury Cutter/Echoed Voice work?

Bulldoze is a better EQ (along with Rock Tomb, Icy Wind etc.)
Power-Up Punch sounds scary (or even Rock Smash on Terrakion/Heracross)
If HP has boosted power Nuzzle Pikachu might actually be viable lol

i'll edit if i find something else :o

Last edited:
The formula for the base power of each strike for attacks which strike more than once are as follows: 100÷[number of hits]!
Does this mean that all 2-5 hit moves are set to 20 BP, or does the total always come to 100 BP no matter how many hits?

Also, do changed moves have 100 accuracy now, or is that unchanged (If I recall, that's how it was in the original Move Equality)?

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I was wondering where this thing went. Wasn't it also playable on a server ? Before the thread got deleted anyway...

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does Hidden Power have 100 bp as well? that would be a pretty big deal
Also does Acrobatics have 200 power if no item?
How would Fury Cutter/Echoed Voice work?
HP is 100 BP now. Forgot to fix acrobatics and Echoed Voice/Fury Cutter. Lemme just quickly change that XD
If HP has boosted power Nuzzle Pikachu might actually be viable lol
Nah. Raichu willl be better due to its better speed tier and lack of reliance on Light Ball.

Last edited:

Martin

Sorry to double post 'cause I'm dumb and forgot to reply to this in my post and want him to get alerted so...
I was wondering where this thing went. Wasn't it also playable on a server ? Before the thread got deleted anyway...
It was, but this version is not compatible with the old code due to the slightly different mechanics.

Stored Power has been unbanned since Averagemoves became Move Equality 2.0... why?

Does this mean that all 2-5 hit moves are set to 20 BP, or does the total always come to 100 BP no matter how many hits?

Also, do changed moves have 100 accuracy now, or is that unchanged (If I recall, that's how it was in the original Move Equality)?
^^^

Martin

Stored Power has been unbanned since Averagemoves became Move Equality 2.0... why?
It was meant to have its normal mechanics but i forgot to list it. I'll fix it in a minute. Also, I've just remembered that Triple Kick boosts in power on each use, so I have put that in the list too.

Missed this post. Sorry! Basically, 2-5 hit moves will hit for 100/maximum possible hits. Will make that clearer in the OP. Also, the accuracy of moves does not change in this meta. It is designed to balance moves like Inferno, Dynamic Punch and Zap Cannon. Doesn't do anything for Nuzzle, but barely anything gets Nuzzle anyway sooo...

Anyway, if all of these minor mechanics edits are confusing you, you should re-cap on what is in the list of unmodified moves to ensure that you are up-to-date with the mechanics.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Electric potential
Nuzzle, Rock Smash, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Smack Down, Icy Wind, Flame Charge, and Charge Beam all sound like really awesome moves here.

Also, what would happen with Brine, Frost Breath, and Storm Throw?

EDIT: So they're base 100 moves that always crit? Gnarly. Too bad Kyurem-B can't learn it. Actually, nothing seriously viable can learn it dang lol

Martin

Nuzzle, Rock Smash, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Smack Down, Icy Wind, Flame Charge, and Charge Beam all sound like really awesome moves here.

Also, what would happen with Brine, Frost Breath, and Storm Throw?
Frost Breath and Storm Throw are boosted to 100 BP as their base power doesn't change (they just deal critical hits). I forgot to add Brine to the list of exceptions thanks for pointing it out.

Alright so if using a 5-hit move does every single attack hit with 100bp? I'm having a difficult time understanding. If that is the case then ban 5 hit moves.

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Arm Thrust (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 665-785 (199.1 - 235%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gimmick

Electric potential
Alright so if using a 5-hit move does every single attack hit with 100bp? I'm having a difficult time understanding. If that is the case then ban 5 hit moves.

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Arm Thrust (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 665-785 (199.1 - 235%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The formula for the base power of each strike for attacks which strike more than once are as follows: 100÷[maximum number of hits]. For example, Fury Attack is 20 BP and Double Hit is 50 BP.
I think it means that the maximum BP from entire multi-hit moves is 100 BP. Thus, to reach the maximum, you'd have to hit the maximum number of possible hits. So Arm Thrust hitting 5 times would be 100 BP, so each hit has 100/5 = 20 BP.

I think it means that the maximum BP from entire multi-hit moves is 100 BP. Thus, to reach the maximum, you'd have to hit the maximum number of possible hits. So Arm Thrust hitting 5 times would be 100 BP, so each hit has 100/5 = 20 BP.
that's what I was thinking. By the same logic, 2 hit moves (ie: dual chop) would be 50bp, since 100/2=50

Martin

that's what I was thinking. By the same logic, 2 hit moves (ie: dual chop) would be 50bp, since 100/2=50
This is correct. Dual Chop, Double Hit, Bonemerang and Gear Grind are 50 BP, and Bullet Seed, Fury Attack, Tail Slap etc. are 20 BP. However, Water Shuriken is not boosted due to +1 priority.

Martin

How does technician effect that?
Technician boosts 2-5 hit moves to 30 BP and 2 hit moves to 75 bp. Basically, it works the same way that it normally does but with the new base powers of multi-hit moves. Technician double hit is godly in this metagame, and we'll just have to see how good Ambipom is because of it.

Anyway, just tagging the first two coders that I can think of a it'd be cool if I could get this coded. Pikachuun Matt_192

Also, I am going to set a loose topic to get discussion rolling a little. You don't need to stay fully on this topic, it is just to try and get some kind of discussion ball rolling. What do you all feel some of the best and worst attacking moves for each type in this metagame. This can be in any format, be it just you saying a few moves or you listing some for a type or you listing lots within all types. I'm just going to say a small number now, because I want to leave discussion mostly open. Also, I'd love to see people saying how they feel certain moves will affect the meta ;P

Rapid Spin, Scald, Body Slam, 100% crit moves and Icy Wind variants look like they'll be rather good. Also the VoltTurning moves are now absolutely amazing :)

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Walls. Good luck facing this.

Martin

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Walls. Good luck facing this.
IMO use Rapid Spin>Dragon Pulse as it gives Mega Blastoise great 100 BP utility.

yeah so..

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

no one is safe anymore.

Also hp fighting gengar :o

Martin

yeah so..

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

no one is safe anymore.

Also hp fighting gengar :o
HP Ghost is also an optionon Keldeo if you desparately want to hit Jellicent or something? Idk XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)