Movepool Revisions - Syclant

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Approved and sponsored by tennisace.
If you are not an experienced member of the CAP community, it is strongly recommended that you do not post in this thread.

This thread is intended to contain intelligent discussion and commentary by experienced members of the CAP project regarding CAP policy, process, and rules. As such, the content of this thread will be moderated more strictly than other threads on the forum. This is not a Policy Review thread, but requires intelligent posting and serious thought put into every post made.

Introduction:

This is the thread where we will be revising Syclant's movepool. All aspects of Syclant's movepool, including TM moves, Move Tutor moves, Level-Up moves, and Egg Moves will be revised according to the limits listed below and the requirements listed in this process guide article. All process details for the revisions can be found in this thread.

Base Stat Rating & Movepool Limits:

This is where the BSR Overall Rating and Movepool Limit are decided. In accordance with this process guide article, all CAPs must have a Overall BSR limit that is balanced by the maximum of that CAP's Very Good Move (VGM) limit. The calculator for the Overall BSR of a Pokemon can be found here.
Syclant's Overall BSR: 357

Syclant's Resulting Movepool Size Limit: 65
Syclant's Resulting VGM Limit: 30
Current Movepool:
Reference: Closing thoughts, Movepool discussion, various other threads.
Move Count: 76
VGM Count: 42
Total: 15
VGM: 8

- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang
- Leech life
- Leer
- Ice Shard
10 Focus Energy
15 Knock Off
17 Slash
20 Bite
28 Icy Wind
32 X-Scissor
40 Night Slash
49 Ice Punch
55 Bug Buzz
65 Sheer Cold

Total: 55
VGM: 29

TM03: Water Pulse
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Attract
TM45: Rest
TM46: Thief
TM47: Steel Wing
TM51: Roost
TM52: Focus Blast
TM54: False Swipe
TM56: Fling
TM58: Endure
TM60: Drain Punch
TM62: Silver Wind
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Flash
TM71: Stone Edge
TM72: Avalanche
TM75: Swords Dance
TM78: Captivate
TM80: Rock Slide
TM81: X-Scissor
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
HM01: Cut
HM03: Fly
HM04: Strength
HM06: Rock Smash

Total: 7
VGM: 7

Egg Groups:
Bug

Moves
- Earth Power (Trapinch)
- Superpower (Pinsir)
- Spikes (Forretress)
- Counter (Forretress)
- Air Slash (Scyther, Scizor)
- Crunch (Skorupi, Drapion, Trapinch)
- Tail Glow (Volbeat)

Total: -
VGM: -

-

New Movepool:
Move Count: 62
VGM Count: 30​
Total: 1
VGM: 0

Fury Attack

Total: 12
VGM: 5

- Leech life
- Leer
5. Ice Shard*
8. Focus Energy
14. Slash
18. Icy Wind
27. X-Scissor*
30. Ice Punch*
35. Hail
42. Bug Buzz*
49. Avalanche*
60. Sheer Cold

Total: 41
VGM: 24

TM01: Focus Punch*
TM03: Water Pulse
TM06: Toxic*
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power*
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt*
TM13: Ice Beam*
TM14: Blizzard*
TM15: Hyper Beam*
TM17: Protect*
TM18: Rain Dance*
TM21: Frustration*
TM26: Earthquake*
TM27: Return*
TM31: Brick Break*
TM32: Double Team
TM42: Facade*
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest*
TM45: Attract
TM52: Focus Blast*
TM54: False Swipe
TM56: Fling
TM58: Endure
TM62: Silver Wind
TM68: Giga Impact
TM71: Stone Edge*
TM72: Avalanche*
TM75: Swords Dance*
TM78: Captivate
TM80: Rock Slide*
TM81: X-Scissor*
TM82: Sleep Talk*
TM83: Natural Gift
TM87: Swagger
TM89: U-Turn*
TM90: Substitute*
HM01: Cut
HM04: Strength
HM06: Rock Smash

Total: 6
VGM: 5

Egg Groups:
Bug

Moves
Earth Power*
Pin Missile
Superpower*
Spikes*
Tail Glow*

Legal Egg Combinations:
Subject to change, not doing yet

Total: 22
VGM: 4

Bug Bite
Counter*
Double-Edge
Earth Power*
Fury Cutter
Ice Punch*
Icy Wind
Mimic
Snore
String Shot
Superpower*

Initial Thoughts:

- Damn, 7 BSR over the Excellent threshold and way above both the movepool size limits before I add tutors. At least there is quite a lot of moves I can strip out, but if it's going to be able to function as a somewhat diverse mixed sweeper without losing the lead functionality, which certain people seem keen to keep, it's going to be tough.
- Most of the competitive tutors should be duplicates (Earth Power will be the main one, I think). Try not to add too many tutors.
- Clear out weak/useless/nonsense coverage moves (yay Fire Fang on an Ice/Bug Pokemon). Get rid of most other useless VGMs. See where it stands and work from there.

Justification:

Attachments

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
- first version up, getting it below the limits was not *quite* as hard as I expected (had to cut out almost all the non essentials. lol there was a lot of rubbish in there.) until I hit the Move-Move requirements.
- EQ added as a Move-Move requirement for SE, not 100% sure of it yet. Would certainly help physical sets a lot, being walled by Heatran is horrible.
- Did not want to, but had to add Focus Punch as a Move-Move with Focus Blast. Am considering removing the three fighting moves which are Move-Moved together, them two and BB. That would take me under the limit, and give a tiny bit of breathing space. Probably add in a less restricted fighting move, but few special ones to chose from so it may end up with just physical.
- ignore move learning levels and lack of flavor egg moves. will add tomorrow.

BTW, download the new spreadsheet. I added a ton of extra features, most notably it checks if each move if a VGM/not a VGM/not a move for you and counts only unique moves (no more hunting for duplicates!). You can still input equivalent moves, like Return/Frustration. I'll make one for general use in movepool creation that is more polished and has as many extra features as I can add (automatically checking type-move requirements and standard "everything must get this" requirements, possibly move-move requirements too..). Great idea RD!

Attachments

...If there's room, could Ice Ball be added as a flavor move from Syclar, kind of like Gust and Tailwind on Fidgit?

I won't comment on the competitive aspects as I'm still waiting for the August signups for tutoring...

ete said:
- first version up, getting it below the limits was not *quite* as hard as I expected (had to cut out almost all the non essentials. lol there was a lot of rubbish in there.) until I hit the Move-Move requirements.
- EQ added as a Move-Move requirement for SE, not 100% sure of it yet. Would certainly help physical sets a lot, being walled by Heatran is horrible.
- Did not want to, but had to add Focus Punch as a Move-Move with Focus Blast. Am considering removing the three fighting moves which are Move-Moved together, them two and BB. That would take me under the limit, and give a tiny bit of breathing space. Probably add in a less restricted fighting move, but few special ones to chose from so it may end up with just physical.
- ignore move learning levels and lack of flavor egg moves. will add tomorrow.
  • Keep Earthquake, special sets get Earth Power anyway
  • I thought about it, and it's probably fine to keep Focus Punch. Syclant could use some love anyway, and without STAB, I'd still rather use Arghonaut or Breloom.
  • Remove Counter to put you at the limit of 60 VGMs. I see no reason why Counter should be there, as Syclant isn't going to be using it at all.
Those are my current comments. I have spent an enormous amount of time working on the new iteration of my spreadsheet, which I have attached to this post. It basically does all of the work for you, so yeah. :)

Cheers and good work so far!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)