Moveset Legality Check

For those who are looking to help, you can go through the DP Pokedex and see if we have any illegal movesets listed. This also applies to anything listed as illegal that is actually obtainable.

Start with Abomasnow and work your way down.

Note: We're not looking for a full list of movesets that are illegal, just any that are listed in the analyses. If you have general information on illegal combinations, post in this thread.

I got MegaMewtwo and Andren's finds about Azumarill and Absol. We'll be deleting posts as they are addressed, so just go ahead and post again if you find something else.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I started at the other end and worked on Zangoose. Of the movesets listed the main problem is the move Night Slash, which is a D/P egg move for Zangoose and thus incompatible with the Elemental punches (Emerald Move Tutor moves).

Focusing on Bellossom, Swords Dance set involving Tickle OR Charm (Other Options) is illegal, as is combining Tickle and Charm in one set.

Yawn OR Haze (Other Options) with Aqua Jet is illegal on Blastoise, as is Counter + Aqua Jet.

EDIT: Bit about Bellossom is wrong. Bellossom gets Swords Dance via TM. My bad (totally forgot). Still illegal to combine Tickle and Charm. ty to MegaMewtwo for pointing it out.

Blastoise is still right, though.

EDIT2: Breloom: Charm, Wake-Up Slap (both from Other Options) cannot together in any combination.

Cacturne cannot use ThunderPunch (Other Option) with Seed Bomb (Focus Sash set).

Focusing on Bellossom, Swords Dance set involving Tickle OR Charm (Other Options) is illegal, as is combining Tickle and Charm in one set.

Yawn OR Haze (Other Options) with Aqua Jet is illegal on Blastoise, as is Counter + Aqua Jet.
Are you sure about that first thing? Bellossom can use the Swords Dance TM.

And I haven't spotted anything else, my main plan was to try to find problems regarding XD moves. Which I failed to do.

I noticed that the Togekiss problem I mentioned hasn't been seen to. In the "Flinch" set, it's impossible for Body Slam (FR/LG/E move tutor move) and Nasty Plot (DP egg move) to be on the same Togekiss.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've added a note that describes the problem at the end of the set.

It's now pending approval on the SCMS, so expect something to be done about it soon!

You let Nicada evolve into Ninjask at 25 IIRC. Ninjask will be prompted to learn SD. Shedinja will know it afterwards if you have an empty space and pokeball, since Sheddy's moveset will be the same as Ninjask's at the end of the evolution sequence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)