Movin' On Up (Submissions!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting's over!

Time to announce this slates winners.

There were no ties this time, and surprisingly I got a landslide win with three subs going through.

sunflora.gif

G-Luke
Name: Sunflora
New Stats: 105/65/75/135/125/85
New Typing: Grass/Fire
Movepool Additions: +Overheat +Will o Wisp +Fire Blast +Sleep Powder
New Abilities: Chlorophyll / Solar Power / Drought

jumpluff.gif

G-Luke
Name: Jumpluff
New Stats: 85/105/100/65/105/130
New Typing: Grass / Flying
Movepool Additions: +Tailwind + Defog + Spore + Roost
New Abilities: Chlorophyll / Aerialate / Prankster

cacturne.gif

G-Luke
Name: Cacturne
New Stats: 90/130/80/130/80/80 (590)
New Typing: Grass / Dark
Movepool Additions: +Pursuit +Heatwave +Knock Off +Wood Hammer
New Abilities: Sand Rush / Solar Power / Dry Skin

And congratulate Pika Xreme for his sub
ludicolo.gif

Pika Xreme
Name: Ludicolo
New Stats: 110/70/90/110/120/90 (590)
New Typing: Grass/Water
Movepool Additions: Hurricane, Thunder, Thunderbolt
New Abilities: Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Drizzle

Now usually Its just straight into discussion phase. But We got alittle something special. Being the last type themed slate (for awhile), you get to decide which type gets the buff!

The Types are Rock, Ice and Fire.
Post which type you believe should win the spot for slate five.

Personally I want Ice to win as Ice type Coverage is golden, but the Pokemon who carry the type arent.

Last edited:
Ice

I dunno if I actually have to give reasoning for my choice, but Ice-types aren't that great in general due to how terrible Ice is defensively and I'd like to see Ice-types get more usage as opposed to just Ice coverage on other Pokémon. If a buff to specific Pokémon is what it takes to do that, I'm up for it.

edit: if Ice wins can Delibird be one of the Pokémon that gets buffed pls

Last edited:
ice

mostly just seconding ShineDanze on this, but I should note that the big problem with Ice types is having almost no resistances, and that just giving them some would bump up a lot of Ice-types.

also yay for my Ludicolo, I'm gonna do really basic set. btw RIP metagame balance, everything is going to need a Spore-immune 'mon that isn't weak to flying now

Miror B. (Ludicolo) @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Thunder / Hurricane
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast / Fake Out / Leech Seed / (leftover option from a previous moveslot)

First slot is obvious STAB - but do you choose a good secondary effect, or more power? Second slot is the same deal, really (Surf isn't worth it compared to Hydro Pump). Third Slot is Rain-abusing coverage. Fourth Slot has a lot of options. Ice Beam and Focus Blast are both random coverage moves, Fake Out lets you do Fake Out things, Leech Seed adds even more recovery... or you can just use a leftover option from a previous moveslot. Whatever floats your goat...

G-Luke

Id think Specs would be much more appreciated on that set, since its mainly about smashing stuff.

But here is a more supportive set.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Drizzle
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed / Toxic
- Knock Off / Leech Seed / Substitute /
Icy Wind

It honestly lacks much supportive options, but it has JUST enough to work.

Jumpluff @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Aerialate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Spore
- Baton Pass

Probably one of Jumpluff's more prominent sets, mixing sweeper with supporter. It sets up SD mid to late game when its checks are weakened or KO'd. But the glorious thing about it is that if it cant suffice its sweep, it can Baton-Pass to another Poke to continue the sweep.

Caturne is SOOOOOOO versatile its not funny. Ima post some sets later.

Last edited:
Ice please.

(Will it be a landslide...or an avalanche?)

Cacturne looks really interesting if you play weather since you're not sure which weather it will abuse. Dry Skin in particular is very usefuld for those who like to fish for Scald burns. Knock Off is a nice move since it's not as prediction reliant as Sucker Punch, so a stable STAB move is appreciated. 90/80/80 bulk is also not too bad and definitely an upgrade so Cacturne looks pretty exciting- just watch out for U-turns.

Jumpluff's gonna be crazy though.

G-Luke

The thing about Jumpluff is when its Prankster, It lacks power. When its not, its suuper scared of priority. Like Weavile has problems with Prankster sets, but ohko's with Ice Shard if not.

Not to let this post waste...

Sunflora @ Heat Rock / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Ability: Drought
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis
- Encore / Leech Seed / Will O Wisp / Sleep Powder

Nice support set, regardless if running a sun team or not.

Sunflora @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Drought
Modest / Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

Tears shit apart. Switch In on this thing's Overheat. I dare you.

and based on votes Jumpluff might just gain quite a few more checks....

Last edited:
rip Delibird's hopes and dreams

anyway, submissions:

Name: Beartic
New Stats: 115 (+20)/140 (+30)/85 (+5)/70/85 (+5)/95 (+45)
New Typing(if any): N/A, still pure Ice
Movepool Addition(s): +Knock Off, +Earthquake, +Heavy Slam, +Ice Shard
New Abilities(if any): +Thick Fat, +Tough Claws, -Snow Cloak
Justification: I can't say I know much about real-life polar bears, which Beartic is based off of, but bears that practice hibernation eat a large amount of food before hibernating, hence Thick Fat. Tough Claws is added due to Beartic's sharp claws and to give a bit of an extra boost to its contact moves. Snow Cloak is removed merely as a casualty of the addition of the prior two abilities. Movepool additions: Knock Off and Earthquake are for coverage, Heavy Slam is due to its relatively high weight and for coverage, and Ice Shard is for priority (justified thanks to its Pokédex entries, the same reason it has Icicle Crash)
Niche in OU: Sporting a base 140 Attack stat, Beartic is capable of being a formidable sweeper during rain thanks to its retained Hidden Ability of Swift Swim and access to both Swords Dance and a decent array of physical coverage moves. If you don't like using Rain, though, it still has some viability: Tough Claws lends added strength to some of its moves, such as Ice Punch (which out-powers Icicle Crash after the Tough Claws boost), Play Rough, Heavy Slam, Low Kick, and Knock Off. It has no method of boosting its Speed outside of Swift Swim, however, making Tough Claws Beartic better in the role of a wallbreaker as opposed to a straight-up sweeper. Its usable defenses should lend it added strength in either of its roles, and overall it's definitely a threat to be wary of. (there's also Thick Fat but why would you use that on an offensive 'mon)

Name: Avalugg
New Stats: 104 (+9)/127 (+10)/190 (+6)/44/97 (+51)/28
New Typing(if any): Again, stays pure-Ice
Movepool Addition(s): +Reflect, +Light Screen, +Glare, +Amnesia
New Abilities(if any): +Filter, -Own Tempo
Justification: Most of these changes are solely to aid viability and give Avalugg a unique edge over its competitors. The only two with real flavor justification are Reflect and Light Screen, and these find their justification in Avalugg's reflective surface.
Niche in OU: The main things setting back Avalugg from seeing use in higher tiers are its pitiful base Special Defense stat and its plentiful weaknesses. Both these problems are patched up in one go with these changes, which give Avalugg a massive boost to its Special Defense and Filter, which reduces damage taken from super-effective moves. Think of it like Mega Aggron, but sacrificing its resistances for the utility of Rapid Spin and Glare, recovery, and not taking up the Mega slot. It can clean up spinblockers with Crunch coming off a base 127 Attack stat, too, though its bad Speed still hinders it at times.

(I'll do Vanilluxe and Dewgong later, not really feeling it right now)

G-Luke

In trying to avoid stuff like what happened in the previous slate, I'm refraining from submitting stuff for this slate (and probably the next one). Cuz like someone else deserves to win. (See I'm a nice person).

Now dont let me regret it by making crappy buffs. Pay attention to the movepools typing and abilities of these submissions. Some really potent offensive AND defensive threats can be pooled from this slate. Carry on!

New Typing: Ice/Water
New Abilities: Sheer Force/Overcoat/Swift Swim
New Stats: 95/135/95/70/95/90 (BST 590)
Movepool Additions: Waterfall, Ice Shard, Thunder Punch, Slack Off
Justification: Beartic already learns a lot of Water-type moves, so it's not a huge stretch. Everyone gives it Tough Claws which is fine, but it doesn't boost Icicle Crash; Which is why I took Sheer Force instead. Overcoat is a nod to its body full of fur (and I don't want it to have Fur Coat), and the moves are pretty generic.
Niche in OU: With Sheer Force-boosted STABs in Icicle Crash and Waterfall, plus Thunder Punch and Superpower as coverage and, once again, dual STAB priority, all of this off a base 135 Atk, Beartic can be more than scary to go against; the Water subtype removes its Fire-type weakness, allowing it to tank a bit of hit with its 95/95/95 bulk. If you want, you can always take Swift Swim and abuse rain-boosted Waterfall off an outright ridiculous speed after +2.

Name: Dewgong
New Typing: Water/Ice
New Abilities: Thick Fat/Serene Grace/Magic Guard
New Stats: 110/60/100/95/145/80 (BST 590)
Movepool Additions: Scald, Moonlight, Moonblast, Calm Mind
Justification: Now and then Dewgong looks like it could be more fantasy-esque than its learnset suggests. For one, how do those cloth-like fins even work? Anyways, Serene Grace is there specifically to abuse Scald; I can't think of anything else that could fit this, other than Lapras or Lumineon, I guess. The other 3 moves are all fantasy-related stuff.
Niche in OU: What d'ya think. Burn everything, maybe set up a Calm Mind or two first, and you have the advantage that M-Slowbro doesn't in 60% burn chance or immunity to passive effects, too.

Name: Vanilluxe
New Typing: Ice
New Abilities: Simple/Weak Armor/Refrigerate
New Stats: 81/100/90/125/95/99 (BST 580)
Movepool Additions: Tri Attack, Rapid Spin, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball
Justification: Refrigerate is, well, Refrigerate. Ice type. You get the idea. Tri Attack comes from the three cones it has on its bottom part, Rapid Spin makes sense with its cone bottom being able to work as a spinning top, Calm Mind is a generic move, and Shadow Ball is the most competitive-focused move in this bunch, though it doesn't contradict flavor.
Niche in OU: Refrigerate Rapid Spin, ho! Refrigerate-boosted Tri Attack hits pretty hard, and you have Shadow Ball, Freeze-Dry and Hidden Power for coverage too. Just Autotomize and/or Calm Mind then go to town. Alternatively, you can go Simple Autotomize (+4 Speed, oh my) or Calm Mind, and spam Ice Beam/Freeze-Dry. 99 Speed is enough to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame after an Autotomize, even with Modest nature, while 125 SpA most definitely isn't weak by any means.

New Typing: Ice/Steel
New Abilities: Filter/Ice Body/Sturdy
New Stats: 110/122/184/49/97/28 (BST 590)
Movepool Additions: Heavy Slam, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Metal Burst
Justification: Pokedex entry: "Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel." I think a Steel subtype should be fine.
Filter is kind of expected, as is Heavy Slam and Icicle Crash; Ice Shard gives it some priority to deal with threats at low HP, and Metal Burst gives it a chance to cripple foes that damage it too much, especially with Sturdy.
Niche in OU: With the terrible Ice-type weaknesses, the only way to make it usable is giving it a better defensive subtype. Now, yes, Ice/Steel has 2 4x weaknesses and another 2x weakness, but the myriad of resistances should be worth it. Heavy Slam is an even better STAB with Avalugg's monstrous weight - for reference, it's heavier than Mega Aggron; and even if you hit it hard, it can always Metal Burst and likely cripple your mon beyond saving.

Last edited:
New Stats: 110/90/100/90/110/90
New Typing(if any): Water/Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Icicle Crash, Freeze-Dry, Work Up, Recover
New Abilities(if any): Thick Fat / Ice Body / Magic Guard (HA)
Justification: Magic Guard because it's so graceful. Icicle Crash is duh. Recover is to recovery, not much flavor here. Swords Dance is kind of random.
Niche in OU: Powerful tank. With Magic Guard.

New Stats: 110/120/190/70/70/30 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Outrage, Waterfall, Thrash, Wood Hammer
New Abilities(if any): Own Tempo / Ice Body / Heatproof (HA)
Justification: Outrage and Thrash let it exploit Own Tempo. Waterfall is because it already learns Surf. Heatproof is honestly kind of random. Edit: Wood Hammer is due to its origins (partially made out of wood pulp)
Niche in OU: Still a great physical wall, now with Heatproof! very scary, but it's still the only one here that cares about Sneaky Pebbles...

New Stats: 90/90/85/130/95/100 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice/Steel
Movepool Addition(s): Recover, Iron Head, Earth Power, Focus Blast
New Abilities(if any): Ice Body / Weak Armor / Filter (HA)
Justification: It already gets a lot of Steel moves AND it has Mirror Shot by level-up, making it Steel-type just seems like the next step to me.
Niche in OU: If this weren't Gen 6, this would be every dragon's worst nightmare. But it's not. But hey, now it's an all-around good Pokémon that suddenly deserves respect!

New Stats: 110/130/100/90/100/60 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice/Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): Close Combat, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Cross Chop
New Abilities(if any): Ice Body / Iron Fist / Thick Fat (HA)
Justification: Look at it. So MANLY. Besides, it gets a good amount of Fighting moves already. Edit: Iron Fist because of its incredibly MANLY hands, and Ice Body is a new hail ability more befitting of Beartic's bulk. Thick Fat is because the only thing NOT perfectly MANLY on it is its girth, and even that's got it's manly aspects.
Niche in OU: Bears are one of the most feared creatures on the planet. Beartic will punch anyone who questions this reputation to death. It has great bulk, a great typing, Thunder Punch for great coverage, AND it has Iron Fist to boost its attacks.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
At some point I'll do all of them, but for now...

Name:
Beartic
New Stats: 95 (+0) / 135 (+25) / 125 (+45) / 90 (+20) / 90 (+10) / 55 (+5) [BST 590 (+105)]
New Typing(if any):

Movepool Addition(s):
Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, Focus Blast, Ice Shard
New Abilities(if any): Snow Cloak / Tough Claws / Swift Swim (HA)
Justification: Look at those big, meaty claws it has! Not to mention it has a bulkier frame to it - Fighting isn't completely ridiculous on this thing. Speaking of big meaty claws, it now has Tough Claws, making its base 120 attack stat much more impressive. The moves are pretty self explanitory - I avoided giving it Close Combat because Tough Claws Close Combat from base 135 attack would probably be a bit too much, especially when you consider that it gets Swords Dance naturally. Yikes.
Niche in OU: Beartic has insane wall breaking potential with its base 135 attack paired up with Tough Claws. It can also hold its own against offensive teams with its good bulk and Ice Shard for priority, allowing it to work not too dissimilar to Mamoswine. A Sword Dance set can work - even though it doesn't get boosted by Tough Claws, Ice Shard is still going to hurt things at +2. Its typing isn't completely terrible, although it has a slew of common weaknesses. I like Swift Swim thematically, although I doubt it will end up using it due to its very poor speed being slow even under rain. Still, it might become a thing. Overall a cool mon.

Name:
Dewgong
New Stats: 110 (+20) / 100 (+30) / 90 (+10) / 100 (+30) / 120 (+25) / 70 (+0) [BST 590 (+115)]
New Typing(if any):

Movepool Addition(s):
Recover, Curse, Calm Mind
New Abilities(if any): Thick Fat / Technician / Ice Body (HA)
Justification: Technician is a very loose ability, flavor-wise. Meanwhile it grants a lot of utility to out friend Dewgong, allowing it to power-up its priority moves (Aqua Jet and Ice Shard) while also givings Icicle Spear a good chance to do a lot of damage. The moves should make sense overall, and I kept the abilities the same overall outside of Technician.
Niche in OU: It's a bulkymon with a kind of poor typing. It can set-up on both fronts, although Curse will lower its speed. This is balanced out by the truckloads of priority it has, alongside it matching its defensive capabilities better (natural high SpDef ties in well with boosting your Defense). However, Calm Mind has more raw power in Frost Breath, alongside having Hidden Power as a powerful coverage option if you choose to use Technician. For more defensive sets, you can use Thick Fat to retain a resistance to Fire while basically being immune to Ice.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Ah let me review all these subs so far

Pika Xreme

Ur Dewgong is weird. Movepool wise. If it made it through it would be outclassed as an Ice type physical sweeper by not only Weavile and Mamo, but probably Beartic when it goes through. Fix it.

zerobreaker000
Your Dewgong is neat. I like the whole fairy vibe it gained. Scald, however is kinda a iffy. Gamefreak made it clear that no Water/Ice type can learn Scald. But we arent Gamefreak so.... besides Ur Dewgong has an even greater issue that it shares with all the others. Which I will address on a whole.

The Reptile
You have the best sub so far. I literally have zero complaints.

Except... Dewgong is checked by every bulky water type in the game. There's actually a way to solve this thats very flavourful. But yall have to think about it.

I'll do the rest of them later

WIP

Name:
Dewgong
New Stats: 110/110/80/100/120/75
Movepool Addition(s): Work Up, Freeze-Dry, Slack Off, Heal Bell
New Abilities(if any): Thick Fat / Technician / Fur Coat
Justification: Work Up is pretty flavourless and it's Japanese name Cheer Up kind of fits since Dewgong looks like a cheerful if not carefree Pokemon. Slack Off for Recovery, Freeze-Dry is against other Water types and Heal Bell to fit a playful creature like Dewgong. Technician because of its graceful swimming/ice-picking techniques and Fur Coat is because it's covered in pure white fur- sure it's not as fluffy as Furfrou but there's nothing saying the fur has to be really thick.
Niche in OU: Work Up + Technician priority. Slightly more attack because of its priority movepool (Fake Out, Aqua Jet, Ice Shard) and horns in designs usually have a slight attack emphasis. Alternately, it can use Technician Hidden Power/Frost Breath for the special side, so Work Up plays mind games and also boosts Freeze Dry in case you encounter bulky Waters. It can also go with a defensive support set with Fur Coat + Heal Bell (which also cures any burns that try to half priority attack power).

New Typing: Ice/Fairy
New Abilities: Dry Skin/Snow Warning/Refrigerate
New Stats: 85/90/85/130/95/105
Movepool Additions: Nasty Plot, Dazzling Gleam, Hyper Voice, Tri Attack
Justification: Tri Attack because you at least need another head to use it (see Doduo) and can be used with Refrigerate. Snow Warning because it creates blizzards when angry. Dry Skin kind of relates to how its body is cold enough that water becomes ice and heals its body (an upgrade on Ice Body) and is useful against Scalds running around (also it melts under the sun). Dazzling Gleam because its light-related (it learns Flash Cannon) and for Fairy STAB that fits flavour since ice reflects light. Nasty Plot because they look pretty mischievous.
Niche in OU: A Dragon's worst nightmare. Dry Skin+Freeze Dry lets you counter bulky Waters and with the Fairy typing, gives you an immunity to Water + Dragon type moves (beat that Kingdra!). Snow Warning allows you to be an almost anti-weather team Pokemon- hail removes Sandstorm's Special Defense boost for Tyranitar, making it susceptible to Dazzling Gleam, Freeze Dry hits Politoed and accurate Blizzspam hits Hippowdon. Can't really touch Mega-Charizard-Y though but that makes sense since Ice shouldn't be near the sun anyway. Refrigerate Tri Attack could be fun for the status, but Hyper Voice is good for the damage (those faces look like they would be noisy).

New Stats: 115/135/95/75/80/90 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice/Water
Movepool Addition(s): Ice Shard, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Waterfall
New Abilities(if any): Tough Claws / Refrigerate / Swift Swim
Justification: Earthquake because it learns Bulldoze so is a natural extension and has good coverage with Ice. Waterfall for a powerful STAB for Swift Swim and Ice Shard for priority. Thunder Punch goes well with Ice coverage and it's big fist focus in the design and hey Ludicolo gets it so doesn't mean a Water-type can't have it. Water/Ice because global warming polar bears live in the Arctic (and Beartic loves "cold seas of the north") which has lots of water. Refrigerate because of its freezing breath/beard. Tough Claws is perfect flavour and the Dex even mentions claws made of ice.
Niche in OU: Swift Swim sets get a big boost with Waterfall and new Water STAB, making it a powerful physical Water/Ice rain sweeper. Access to Thunderpunch gives it coverage against Water types while Earthquake deals with Steel types. Water also removes its weakness to Steel/Bullet Punch and Fire, which gives it a chance against things like Heatran. New weakness to Grass and Electric is a bit of a downside, but it does resist Scald so personally I think the benefits outweigh the negatives- even if Water/Ice is pretty common. Refrigerate Facade could be nice for those who likes to use burn status while Tough Claws give a general boost to physical contact moves in case you don't run weather.

New Stats: 110/120/185/40/107/28 (BST 590)
Movepool Addition(s): Ice Shard, Knock Off, Body Slam, Iron Head
New Abilities(if any): Filter / Refrigerate / Regenerator
Justification: Iron Head for STAB, Ice Shard for priority and Body Slam for Refrigerate shenanigans. Knock Off because Titanic something this huge would certainly knock off what you're holding when colliding with it. Steel is like the dex says, because of its sturdy body. Refrigerate gives it a niche of unblockable Rapid Spin and Regenerator is an extension of it learning Recover.
Niche in OU: Refrigerate Rapid Spin/Body Slam sounds neat (I know I seem to be repeating that ability but it just really fits). No Rock weakness makes spinning even better, while Ice-Facades are also good (opponents would love to use Burns for residual damage). Knock Off is nice utility. Regenerator is great with those defenses while Filter softens super effective hits. More defensive and more attack than ever before with great abilities, Avalugg should be a lot more solid with those defenses/resistances.

Last edited:
New Stats: 100 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 120 / 90
Movepool Additions: Freeze Dry, Slack Off, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump
New Abilities: Hydration, Thick Fat, Swift Swim
Justification: Freeze Dry handles bulky waters, Slack Off provides reliable recovery, and Hydro Pump was added because Dewgong can't learn it for some reason. Swift Swim was added for flavor reasons.
Niche in OU: A Hydration user that doesn't have to rely on Rest for recovery. It's also the fastest relevant user of Swift Swim.
Example Sets

New Stats: 115 / 137 / 200 / 44 / 66 / 28
Movepool Additions: Heavy Slam, Icicle Crash, Magic Coat, Body Slam
New Abilities: Bulletproof, Filter, Sturdy
Justification: Avalugg's skin is as hard as steel, so a Steel-typing, Bulletproof, and Filter seemed like reasonable additions. Icicle Crash is a much more reliable STAB move than Avalanche, Heavy Slam and Body Slam make sense, due to Avalugg's massive weight, and Magic Coat protects Avalugg from status moves.
Niche in OU: A bulky Rapid Spinner for defensive teams
Example Sets

New Stats: 71 / 105 / 90 / 130 / 95 / 99
Movepool Additions: Spikes, Rapid Spin, Tri Attack, Focus Blast
New Abilities: Snow Warning, Water Absorb, Refrigerate
Justification: Snow Warning and Water Absorb are references to Vanilluxe's Pokedex entries, Tri Attack takes advantage of Vanilluxe's three parts and is boosted by Refrigerate, and Spikes and Rapid Spin are based on its conical shape. Focus Blast was added for competitive reasons, but it doesn't go against flavor.
Niche in OU: Thanks to Refrigerate, Vanilluxe's Rapid Spin is unblockable. Being the only viable user of Ice-type Weather Ball is also pretty nice.
Example Sets

New Stats: 100 / 145 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 75
New Typing: Ice/Fighting
Movepool Additions: Earthquake, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Ice Shard
New Abilities: Tough Claws, Thick Fat, Swift Swim
Justification: Tough Claws is a reference to its Pokedex entry, Thick Fat was added because, well, it's a polar bear, Knock Off provides strong neutral coverage, and Ice Shard provides STAB priority.
Niche in OU: Use Tough Claws and its sky-high attack to crush walls with its big, meaty claws
Example Sets

G-Luke

Voting phase has now began!!

ShineDanze
New Stats: 115 (+20)/140 (+30)/85 (+5)/70/85 (+5)/95 (+45)
New Typing(if any): N/A, still pure Ice
Movepool Addition(s): +Knock Off, +Earthquake, +Heavy Slam, +Ice Shard
New Abilities(if any): +Thick Fat, +Tough Claws, -Snow Cloak

zerobreaker000
New Typing: Ice/Water
New Abilities: Sheer Force/Overcoat/Swift Swim
New Stats: 95/135/95/70/95/90 (BST 590)
Movepool Additions: Waterfall, Ice Shard, Thunder Punch, Slack Off

Pika Xreme
New Stats: 110/130/100/90/100/60 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice/Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): Close Combat, Drain Punch, Thunder Punch, Cross Chop
New Abilities(if any): Ice Body / Iron Fist / Thick Fat (HA)

The Reptile
New Stats: 95 (+0) / 135 (+25) / 125 (+45) / 90 (+20) / 90 (+10) / 55 (+5)[BST 590 (+105)]
New Typing(if any): Ice / Fighting
Movepool Addition(s):
Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, Focus Blast, Ice Shard
New Abilities(if any): Snow Cloak / Tough Claws / Swift Swim (HA)

InvisibleWater
New Stats: 100 / 145 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 75
New Typing: Ice/Fighting
Movepool Additions: Earthquake, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Ice Shard
New Abilities: Tough Claws, Thick Fat, Swift Swim

mcFlareon
New Stats: 115/135/95/75/80/90 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice/Water
Movepool Addition(s): Ice Shard, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Waterfall
New Abilities(if any): Tough Claws / Refrigerate / Swift Swim

zerobreaker000
New Abilities: Thick Fat/Serene Grace/Magic Guard
New Stats: 110/60/100/95/145/80 (BST 590)
Movepool Additions: Scald, Moonlight, Moonblast, Calm Mind

Pika Xreme
New Stats: 110/90/100/90/110/90
Movepool Addition(s): Icicle Crash, Freeze-Dry, Work Up, Recover
New Abilities(if any): Thick Fat / Ice Body / Magic Guard (HA)

mcFlareon
New Stats: 110/110/80/100/120/75
Movepool Addition(s): Work Up, Freeze-Dry, Slack Off, Heal Bell
New Abilities(if any): Thick Fat / Technician / Fur Coat

InvisibleWater
New Stats: 100 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 120 / 90
Movepool Additions: Freeze Dry, Slack Off, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump
New Abilities: Hydration, Thick Fat, Swift Swim

mcFlareon
New Stats: 110/120/185/40/107/28 (BST 590)
Movepool Addition(s): Ice Shard, Knock Off, Body Slam, Iron Head
New Abilities(if any): Filter / Refrigerate / Regenerator

InvisibleWater
New Stats: 115 / 137 / 200 / 44 / 66 / 28
Movepool Additions: Heavy Slam, Icicle Crash, Magic Coat, Body Slam
New Abilities: Bulletproof, Filter, Sturdy

Pika Xreme
New Stats: 110/120/190/70/70/30 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Ice
Movepool Addition(s): Outrage, Waterfall, Thrash, Wood Hammer
New Abilities(if any): Own Tempo / Ice Body / Heatproof (HA)

ShineDanze
New Stats: 104 (+9)/127 (+10)/190 (+6)/44/97 (+51)/28
New Typing(if any): Again, stays pure-Ice
Movepool Addition(s): +Reflect, +Light Screen, +Glare, +Amnesia
New Abilities(if any): +Filter, -Own Tempo

zerobreaker000
New Abilities: Simple/Weak Armor/Refrigerate
New Stats: 81/100/90/125/95/99 (BST 580)
Movepool Additions: Tri Attack, Rapid Spin, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball

Pika Xreme
New Stats: 90/90/85/130/95/100 (BST 590)
Movepool Addition(s): Recover, Iron Head, Earth Power, Focus Blast
New Abilities(if any): Ice Body / Weak Armor / Filter (HA)

mcFlareon
New Typing: Ice/Fairy
New Abilities: Dry Skin/Snow Warning/Refrigerate
New Stats: 85/90/85/130/95/105
Movepool Additions: Nasty Plot, Dazzling Gleam, Hyper Voice, Tri Attack

InvisibleWater
New Stats: 71 / 105 / 90 / 130 / 95 / 99
Movepool Additions: Spikes, Rapid Spin, Tri Attack, Focus Blast

You know how it goes

Beartic: InvisibleWater
Vanilluxe: InvisibleWater
Avalugg: mcFlareon
Dewgong: mcFlareon

Happy voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)