Introduction to Emloop:
So, some of you may be wondering, "What the heck is Emloop?", "What is it used for?", "Why should I care?" and those are all valid things to be wondering. Emloop is a Japanese website that can assist a player in determing which frames contain different IVs for Pokemon (and when Pokemon are shiny). Now what does that mean? Well, I won't get into it in detail, so check out this thread by Everstone for more details (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49824).
How to get to Emloop:The link to Emloop is here: http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm.
How I can use it to figure out frames/IVs:Using Emloop can seen difficult at first, but once you get past the fact that it's in Japanese, you'll be fine. Here's a step-by-step guide to using Emloop (with pictures!).
1. First, head over to Emloop (via the link above).
2. Don't be intimidated that it is all in Japanese, you'll get over it quickly. When you get there you'll see this in your browser (or something very similar to it).
See the red boxed rectangle? Click it.
3. You will now see the following.
This will be the main area you will be working in and I will be referring to this a lot, so be ready to scroll back up to it.
4. This is a semi-optional step, but you should read it anyways. You see the red box in the image above? Click the check box to the left. Then, click the asterisk (*) to the right of it, you will see the following appear.
There are two things that you can do here, both which are useful. The first thing you can do it input the IVs of your parent Pokemon (if you are breeding) OR you can keep the A's and B's, telling you which IVs are inherited and which aren't. Do whichever you wish and continue.
5. Now, we get to the searching. For this example, I've decided to keep the A's and B's (for simplicity). Once you've competed step 4 click the "x" in the upper left of the dialogue box.
6. Before we get started searching, you can choose how many frames you want Emloop to search at a time (Note: Do NOT choose a high amount, it will simply crash, so you will have to go through it all manually). See the green colored box in the image in step 3? Type in whatever amount of frames you want to search by (I personally use 3000, but you can go up to 4000 or even 5000 if you want).
7. This next step is very important for those who are looking for spreads with perfect 31's or spreads used to get a certain Hidden Power. See the pinkish colored box (in the image in step 3) those contain the things that you ABSOLUTELY want. In decending order they represent HP, attack, defense, special attack, special defense, and speed. You can input a certain value and click the check box on the left (Note: Don't try doing all 31's, it won't work, you will not find a spread with all 31's within the early spreads, and probably not for a while either). Do whatever you wish here, and if you don't care what IVs, you can keep them as they are and continue to the next step, if you just want to view spreads.
8. Finally, it's time to search! Click the box outlined by the golden colored box (in the image in step 3) and get ready to look through some spreads. Now, in the box outlined in blue, you will see things like:
1F,(0.01秒),がんばりや,0-0-0-11-26-30,[地65] 2F,(0.03秒),がんばりや,30-11-26-19-20-17,[霊44] 3F,(0.05秒),がんばりや,17-19-20-13-12-16,[岩31] 4F,(0.06秒),むじゃき,16-13-12-18-3-2,[炎65] 5F,(0.08秒),やんちゃ,2-18-3-22-24-12,[闘44]
9. Congratulations, that's about it when it comes to IVs! Also, the purple boxed box clears your search and starts from the beginning again, just in case you change the parental IVs and etc.
Guide to Determining Shinyness:To figure out which frames give you a shiny Pokemon, you must know your secret ID and your normal ID.
Follow the same process as for IVs, EXCEPT:
Type in your normal ID in the orange box and your secret ID in the blue box. Then check the box located in the pink box. Continue your searches. (Note: Shiny frames are different for every player and also the chances of finding your 'perfect' IVs for your Pokemon AND shininess is very low)
Guide to the Emloop Timer: Besides being able to calculate spreads and shininess, Emloop also has a timer!
This is on the first page, it's fairly simple. Type in your frame # in the top red box. Then click the beige outlined box under it, this will convert it into a time shown in the blue outlined box. When you are ready, press the green outlined box to start the timer, which is shown in the dark red box (Minutes Seconds Milliseconds). The orange "x" box clears it. In the pink box you can put in a value that makes it start a little earlier, for example: If I put in 10 in the pink box, and my original time was 20 seconds, it would be 10 seconds. This is useful if you know how much you are usually off by. In the purple box under the timer is the "beeper", when selected, every second after the time you input (in this case 10) it will beep (thanks Lightsabre!), this can help you improve your reaction time.
More information will be added to this section.
Some Spreads for Y'All to Use:
944 F, (15.73 Seconds), B-19-A-30-30-B -Gives close to flawless Hidden Power Ground (HP Ground 70 31/19/31/30/30/31). -Gives close to flawless Hidden Power Fight (HP Ground 70 31/19/30/30/30/30). 1385 F, (23.08 Seconds), 27-31-30-B-B-30 -Gives a nice spread for mixed HP Fire sweepers (27/31/30/30/31/30). -Gives a nice spread for mixed Hp Rock Sweepers (27/31/30/31/30/30) 2391 F, (39.85 Seconds), 31-4-31-A-A-B -Gives flawless Special Attacker (31/4/31/31/31/31). 4985 F, (83.08 Seconds), 31-9-A-31-B-B -Another great spread for Special Attackers (31/9/31/31/31/31) 10851 F, (180.83 Seconds), A-10-B-B-31-31 - Gives Flawless speed Hidden Power Grass (31/10/31/30/31/31), Water (31/10/30/30/31/31), and Ice (31/10/30/31/31/31) 15117 F, (251.95 Seconds), 31-B-A-21-31-A -Gives flawless Physical Attacker (31/31/31/21/31/31). 13727 F, (228.78 Seconds), 31-19-B-B-A-31 -Gives just about flawless Hidden Power Electric (HP Electric 70 31/19/31/30/31/31). 22885 F, (381.41 Seconds), B-B-31-29-A-0 -Good spread for pokemons that require minimal Spe such as TR users. (31/31/31/29/31/0) 29545 F, (492.41 Seconds), A-6-A-30-A-30 -Flawless spread for HP Fire users (31/6/31/30/31/30). 31280 F, (521.33 Seconds), 29-A-A-B-31-31 -Gives close to completely flawless. Gives a Life Orb number for mixed attackers. (29/31/31/31/31/31). 34417 F, (571.61 Seconds), 30-A-31-B-A-0 -One point from Flawless spread for TR pokemons (30/31/31/31/31/0) 73781 F, (1229.68 Seconds), 31-B-B-31-A-31 -Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Quick Guide to the Usage of these Spreads:Let me start off by saying that this is a time consuming process and it used only in Pokemon Emerald, so if you don't have any extra time or Pokemon Emerald, stop right now before you waste your time doing this in D/P.
The idea is that Pokemon Emerald has a Psuedo-Random Number Generator that is used to determine a Pokemon's stats, natures, gender, and etc. It is ordered by frames. When a player SRs (soft resets) the frames restart from the beginning. One with knowledge of how long a frame is (1/60th of a second) can basically 'choose' the IVs of their Pokemon.
Let me give you a simple example of the process. Let's say you find a spread of 3/20/B/A/2/24 at frame 60 (probably not the real one). 60/60 = 1. So 1 second after restarting, a Pokemon (an egg, in this case) will have those stats. The process is very useful for people who want to have "legit" Pokemon. For a detailed guide to doing this, check out some of the links below!
Links to Other Threads/Sites That May Help:Everstone's Thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49824&page=14).
Emloop itself (http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm).
Jibaku+'s Thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50696).
MetalKid's Gaming Resources IV Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx).
Samnitar's Guide on NSider (http://nsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=411819).
Mingot's Thread [Has another method of determining IVs] (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52392).
If you want a link to your thread or website removed, just tell me.
Need Additional Help?:Post in this thread or PM me, people in other threads posted in the section before this may also be able to help you with it.
Help Me Improve this Guide!:If you think I should take anything out or expand on an idea, just tell me, it'd help me AND you!