MrSableye's Emloop Guide

Did this guide help you at all?

• Yes!

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • No...

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
oh, i can't get this right... i've tried many times... i did what it says in the guide, why won't it work? im talking about the timer, i always hit a when it says 0, still no shiny...

quick question , will this work for LG/FR??
No.

oh, i can't get this right... i've tried many times... i did what it says in the guide, why won't it work? im talking about the timer, i always hit a when it says 0, still no shiny...
Since the emloop timer is plugged into the page it can lag, causing incorrect times with even the subtlest hiccup. It'd be better if you grabbed an independant stopwatch.

Don't know how many people would find it useful, but here's a conversion table for the natures and hidden powers:

Code:
Natures:
攻撃が上がりやすい
『さみしがり』    Lonely
『意地っ張り』    Adamant
『やんちゃ』    Naughty
『ゆうかん』    Brave

防御が上がりやすい
『ずぶとい』     Bold
『わんぱく』     Impish
『のうてんき』     Lax
『のんき』     Relaxed

特攻が上がりやすい
『ひかえめ』     Modest
『おっとり』     Mild
『うっかりや』     Rash
『れいせい』     Quiet

特坊が上がりやすい
『おだやか』     Calm
『おとなしい』    Gentle
『しんちょう』     Careful
『なまいき』  Sassy

素早さが上がりやすい
『おくびょう』     Timid
『せっかち』     Hasty
『ようき』     Jolly
『むじゃき』     Naive

『がんばりや』    Hardy
『すなお』     Docile
『まじめ』     Serious
『てれや』     Bashful
『きまぐれ』     Quirky

Hidden Powers:
炎 Fire
水 Water
電 Electric
草 Grass
氷 Ice
闘 Fighting
毒 Poison
地 Ground
飛 Flying
超 Psychic
虫 Bug
岩 Rock
霊 Ghost
竜 Dragon
悪 Dark
鋼 Steel

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of the following has been covered in other threads on various different forums, but I wanted to add it to this thread for completeness, since it really does complement the tutorial.

I know there's been lots of speculation regarding synchronize and everstone, but I have empirical evidence that these two do "snap" to the frame you need. Of course, the timing is sort of tricky if two frames of the same nature are within maybe 10 frames of eachother, but it makes it a whole lot easier than praying that you'll get the right nature with breeding. It especially works wonders with Sweet Scenting, since those spreads are nature dependent. Another thing, even if synchronize fails, there's still a good chance that you'll get the frame you want if you are good at hitting frames normally.

Note that when breeding eggs, the natures listed with those frames DO NOT guarantee that the egg will have that nature, since nature is generated when the egg is created, not when you receive it. That is why it is so important to have a mother with the nature you want. The natures listed only correspond to Sweet Scenting, so I repeat DO NOT base your hatchling's nature on those listed with the frames for Method 2.

It is also important to know that in DPPt and probably HGSS (haven't played it yet unfortunately), it is pointless to use an everstone while RNG abusing. Then again, you shouldn't be using emloop in anything but emerald anyways.

PS Thank you MrSableye. This tutorial really helped me get used to RNG abuse in Emerald.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
when I enter my frame and try to start the timer, it doesn't start, can someone help?
If you're using emloop, when you enter the frame number on top, you MUST click the button below it with the little arrows and Japanese writing. It'll convert the frames to seconds (down to the 1/100) so you can then start the timer.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it is so useful I feel others deserve the opportunity to get great pokemon in Emerald. Currently I'm going for a Countercoat Swampert - specificallly, it's going to be sassy with these iv's: 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 30.

Another reason I bumped this thread was that I found something interesting: while SRing for the IV's, I noticed that there appears to be some delay of sorts of 3 seconds from when you SR and the game starts to time (this is for breeding) because my desired time is 9:45:10, and when I hit that time (within a frame or two), I got the spread that appears at 9:41:80. So I adjusted and the next time, instead of going for 9:45:10, I went for 9:48:40. When I did this, I actually got the spread for 9:45:11, meaning that there appears to be some delay of ~3.3 seconds from when you start the game. I have not yet hit my spread, although coming 1 frame off has given me newfound hope after countless failed attempts.

Edit: Holy ****!! Moments after finishing this post, the egg hatched and, whaddayaknow, I got the spread!! I'm pretty excited since this is my first legitimately near-flawless pokemon, and I bred onto the mudkip mirror coat. Here's to hopeful success in the Frontier. Oh, and, proving my theory, this was the 9:45:10 set and yet I set the timer to 9:48:38 (to adjust for my previous miss) and waited until 0 and I got my spread.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, uh, since this thread is pretty much quiet, not sure if anyone would answer this, but I've got a question.

The Frame/IV box also displays the Japanese translation of the nature a Pokemon would have. Does this apply to the nature the targeted Pokemon I would get?

Oh, and, another question: for the Emloop Timer, do I press the Sweet Scent button AT the 00.00 beep, or do I have to adjust a little so I can have that spread?

So, uh, since this thread is pretty much quiet, not sure if anyone would answer this, but I've got a question.

The Frame/IV box also displays the Japanese translation of the nature a Pokemon would have. Does this apply to the nature the targeted Pokemon I would get?

Oh, and, another question: for the Emloop Timer, do I press the Sweet Scent button AT the 00.00 beep, or do I have to adjust a little so I can have that spread?
For your first question, that depends. If you are sweet scenting/randomly encountering a wild pokemon, then yes, that is the nature that your pokemon would get. For breeding, however, it's slightly different, but since you're not breeding that doesn't really matter.

For the timer, I've learned that there usually is some delay, but the best way to deal with it is first put the Emloop Timer at the desired spread, hit A for sweet scent at 00.00, and then find the IV's of the caught pokemon and plug them in into one of the other pages (the guide shows which one). Then, you can find which spread you hit and adjust that way. I did this and I got my spread by the 2nd try after adjusting.

Another reason I bumped this thread was that I found something interesting: while SRing for the IV's, I noticed that there appears to be some delay of sorts of 3 seconds from when you SR and the game starts to time (this is for breeding) because my desired time is 9:45:10, and when I hit that time (within a frame or two), I got the spread that appears at 9:41:80. So I adjusted and the next time, instead of going for 9:45:10, I went for 9:48:40. When I did this, I actually got the spread for 9:45:11, meaning that there appears to be some delay of ~3.3 seconds from when you start the game. I have not yet hit my spread, although coming 1 frame off has given me newfound hope after countless failed attempts.
Yeah, I believe that's because the game doesn't actually run at a constant 60 frames per second while the lists of spreads assume that to be the case. I usually have to adjust by adding frames to what I enter into Emloop but weirdly enough, I had to subtract frames to hit frame 942.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
I haven't seen this thread in over a year lol. The frames depend on your SID and TID. Do you know them? If so there's a box with a star next to it you can check, and it will search shiny frames. You absolutely need both, and if you caught your Rayquaza in Emerald you can easily figure it out just by knowing the IVs and nature. There's a SID finder in RNG Reporter for that.

I did catch my shiny Rayquaza on a different saved file. I caught it on Emerald, but then I traded it to my Sapphire game and started over. Can I still use it though? Or do I have to catch a pokemon that comes from my current saved file of emerald?

I might not know much about RNGing at the moment, but I do know this. The shiny HAS to be from the save file you are trying to RNG on, so if the Rayquaza is from another save file it will NOT work. This is because your trainer ID and Secret ID would be different on your new save file than from the one you caught the Rayquaza on.

Good luck getting another shiny on Emerald to find out your SID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)