MS Paint Gallery

Just so I don't leave this thread high and dry here's the WIP of the Blaziken family I started ages ago. I know I started colouring before I finalized lines i'm a bad, bad artist for that but I can't help it sometimes. My poor mouse abused hand doesn't want to co-operate with me sometimes.

As for what's going on right now. I've been working on a secret project. You'll see the results soon enough.

An update on my CaP series. Kitsunoh has been done which means i'm nearly completely up to date with all the CaPs (yay!).

The pose here is reminiscent of the Kitsunoh sprite I made which was more playful and cute than the one that was picked. I also added more detail and introduced some more accurate anatomy to this version than the orginal design. Hopefully i've created something that's pleasing to look at. Enjoy.

Well it's finally time to unveil the secret project i've been working on. A collaboration between none other than my old time rival KoA and myself to create, this:

This beast is the result of our combined efforts and hopefully you can see who influenced each part without it being glaringly obvious. I also hope our styles have combined to create something pleasing to look at... well in a cool monster kind of way. :P

This little brainchild of ours started when KoA PMed me requesting to collab and after tossing a few ideas around we agreed to do a chimera type creature which made mixing our ideas tastefully in the creative process far easier. We both had our own strengths and weaknesses to account for in terms of what we were used to drawing so a chimera suited that also.

We sketched up a few quick designs, KoA on paper and myself on paint, and had a look to see which features we liked. Agreeing on the general look KoA drew up the basic design on paper and I traced it to MSpaint where I made my own alterations. From then on out we passed the picture back and forth cleaning, altering and colouring the creature to what we wanted and kept in constant touch to make sure that we didn't clash on what we wanted to do.

Overall KoA was very good with me in a collaboration. We never argued on what to do and we were very respectful of each other during the process, proving that rivals don't need to hate each other to be rivals. I consider this venture a complete success and would like to thank and congratulate KoA for completing his first collab and for putting up with me all this time.

Here's an animated WIP. Each stage barring the first two is when we switched the picture over to the other person:

WIP link

On a somewhat related note, I liked one of my earlier sketches so much I made a lineart of it, feel free to try and colour it. Thank KoA for giving me the idea for this monstrosity of a.. giant mutant chicken? I don't even know myself but I love it all the same (so much that I want it as a pet). It inspired the split mouth in the final piece.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I cannot help but shed a tear for the unveiling of our little lovechild.

This was one of the best undertakings I did and I'm glad it was with you Wyv. I will admit to being very nervous attempting my first collaboration, but you quickly dispelled any anxieties and working with you was smoother than butter.

Working close with you on this not only strengthened my own skills, but it also allowed me to peruse your techniques firsthand and get a feel for what goes on in your pixelling mind. It goes without saying that your ability to texture animals is second to none, and that was always my worst aspect.

You were very easy to work with and very patient of me and my stupid disappearances. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting at a few points there with work and some minor timezone issues. (Surprisingly that part wasn't so bad as we both are a couple of night owls)

Aside from turning out completely awesome, this piece is very symbolic too. To me, it represents that even rivals can come together and create strong bonds. During creation of this, we got to know each other personally and learn more about the other than we ever woulda thought of knowing. It's no secret that I had a bit of animosity towards you in the beginning there. But I thank the heavens that I matured enough to climb over that hump and got to respect you more and more each day.

I'm friendly with alot of folk on this site, but only a few I consider good friends, and I want you to know that you are definitely one of them. I've had tremendous respect for you before yeah, but now it is magnified like a million times. Now that you're in my circle, you have all the respect I have to give, and compassion that comes with it. (And worrry.... :[ )

So Wyv, the honor was all mine for working on this with you. It was a great experience and even greater result. I will always be looking forward to whatever you have to create next and will try to help out wherever needed. Perhaps the time will come where we can collaborate again, but we must first wait til the universe repairs itself from our last creation. ;)

If I haven't made it clear yet, you are a brilliantly talented woman who is an expert of her trade. I hold you in higher praise than I even give myself. Keep on doing what you're doing and make me proud!

From KoA, Rival and friend~

Very cool, you two. I don't know often you see pixelation collabs, but you've managed to create something that wouldn't look out of place in a Castlevania game. Some beastly horror you caught metamorphosing from a nightmare hawk to a...a....death...wyvern.
It's been fun to have been a fly on the wall spectating your developping relationship since Wyv arrived on the scene over 6 CAPs ago, and this collaboration makes for a wonderful denouement (or the beginning of increasingly interesting partnership?)

Wyverii, clearly you love to render feathers, the wings were your contribution no doubt.

Good start on the Blaziken pic, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I find it frightening and surreal in much the same way I experienced your Mawile.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
For some odd reason, I never popped into this thread. This stuff is amazing! Everythings is so clear and crisp, I can't belive it was done in paint!

Holy crap, it's Dracaw :O !!!!!

A Vaporeon done on request. I've decided to post the version without the background. I highly enjoyed the style I did this in. It appears so much cleaner without highlights cluttering the piece and it gave me practice in AAing which went well with my variable line thickness. Expect to see more done this way.

Lol, Dracaw. Thanks Cartoons! and Draco for your support.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
The style you did that Vaporeon in really reminded me of a game called Sly Cooper and the Theiveous Racoonus. Cell shaded feel, but still very realistic.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey Wyv, Did you forget my request?

I really like Vaporeon's pose, but I'm not a big fan of these eyes.

Wyverii, these are incredible.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Blaziken picture done, it looks fantastic so far.

Quick sketch of Cyclohm. Few things will be shifted a bit and detailed but i'm pretty happy with how this thunder hydra is turning out. Settling down for collage so i've not been doing much artwork for this topic. That'll change soon enough. Also, I really need to get that Blaziken pic done.

PS: I swear the heads have developed Dodrio-like personalities without me realizing it. I never noticed till after I posted this ahaha.

PS2: On advice i've made it look less evil and more like the original design.

PS3: Final lineart done and i'm quite happy with it. If there's any mistakes I haven't caught now would be the time to say. Err, I better stop editing this now before I run out of Sony consoles.

That's amazing Wyverii, but seriously, evil one is awesome. My favorite part of the evil one is the eyes. Good one's eyes are boring :/. Great job either way!

It astounds me how you have the patience to do all this in MS Paint. That's not a bad thing, though - you create some really amazing stuff! The collab between you and KoA is just awesome. Keep up the great work!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I like the stylized heads! It really adds to the bulk and power that this beastie contains.

Anxious for the end result.

Finished work. I don't have that much to say this time. My brain's a bit frazzled. I never could get used to doing cartoonish clouds.

What I think the heads are thinking from right to left.

Head one: Rawr, imma gonna eat choo.
Head two: Lol, that's so funny.
Head three: Why am I stuck with these idiots?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Amazing, simply amazing.

The head in the middle looks a bit happy though doesn't it? Or is it some sort of demented evil? >:D

Jokes aside - Amazing, simply and utterly amazing.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I follow your thread religiously, Wyverii. I don't comment on every update, but I love all of them. The collab with KOA was breathtaking, and the latest rendition of Cyclohm is your best CAP full-size pixel art to date. You can do no wrong -- you are incredibly talented and creative!

Finished work. I don't have that much to say this time. My brain's a bit frazzled. I never could get used to doing cartoonish clouds.

What I think the heads are thinking from right to left.

Head one: Rawr, imma gonna eat choo.
Head two: Lol, that's so funny.
Head three: Why am I stuck with these idiots?
wow! that is one awesome cyclohm,loved how you add commetary to the heads.

Since I have college i've slowed right down on my digital work. So i'll try and update with pixel art when I can and will supplement gaps with quick pencil drawings (or other traditional media). Here's two sketches. I had more but the rest is too big for the scanner heheh.

PS: Hate my scanner... with a vengence.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS: Hate my scanner... with a vengence.
Just posting to let you know that I in turn hate you with a vengeance! Every night you go to bed I will be at the window - watching. waiting. I'll know when you get up, when you go out, when you eat when you sleep when you draw and when you die...

In other news, these are damn great! :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)