Mambo No. 5

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey! After so pushing and prodding from frens, I finally got around to making an Art thread. I usually draw either to cope with boredom or get a quick laugh. I use MS Paint just because it's a simple program and I know how to use it rather well. I guess I'll take requests, but know that it might take me a while to get around to them :3

I HAVE UPGRADED TO SAI! I'm also getting more active with my drawing n stuff, so I'm open to requests if anybody has any.

I only really draw on my own time now, not all that motivated

Latest work:

Last edited:

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Going to update this, as I haven't touched this in forever. Anywho, I wanted to get back into drawing, so I got my hands on Paint Tool Sai like 4 hours ago and have been playing with it since then. I'm still not very knowledgeable in everything regarding Sai, so any comments or advice is welcomed!

This is my glorious first-attempt masterpiece: PUMPKABOO. I was really just wingin' it when it came to shading and such, pretty much just clicking whatever tool looked fun and doing something with it. Also, I don't know how to add a background into the piece, so Pumpkaboo's just gonna be chillin' on a blank canvas.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is my glorious first-attempt masterpiece: PUMPKABOO.
This better not be a disguise, skylight

Anyhow, that Pumpkaboo is much better than your earlier images, so I certainly like the leap in improvement! If you want to improve your lighting, don't be afraid to stray away from the edges and instead try to shade them more 3-dimensionally, seeing as the top of the pumpkin you could be shaded as well while its face and right 'wing' could have more light applied to them. Good progress!

doomsday doink

This is for the ORAS LC Cores thread, requested by The Avalanches. I think it came out nicely, and I transitioned back to the bolder, cartoon-ish style that I used to use quite often.

Last edited:

doomsday doink

Not my best work and there are a lot of errors when it comes to shading, but meh I figured I'd post it anyways. I've already gotten some feedback from peeps, but criticism is always appreciated. I'll probs start up on something new in a bit.

doomsday doink

Not Pokemon related in the slightest, but some art nonetheless. It's my science teacher's face on the body of a dragon. Not much else to explain.

doomsday doink

Necrobumping this cuz I've gotten back into drawing n shit (and bought a little tablet thingy)

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I really like the style you used for Tauros! If there's one thing it's missing it's the 3 tails peeking from behind. Otherwise it's amazing :heart:_:heart:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
clawitzer is rly gr8, the style you drew the face in reminds me tons of zoidberg from futurama so it's auto adorable. your art is improving tons.

doomsday doink

I made a Delphox, shoutout to TrainerSplash for some shading help EDIT: And Bummer ofc, silly me

Definitely feel like I'm improving, my linework has gotten a lot better than what it used to be (less stagnant n such) and I'm starting to really zero in on my particular style. Shading is still somewhat troublesome but it's getting better, slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Mambo
You have some nice artwork. Indeed, your lineart has progressed from your first post. It has become smoother. Your colors have become richer as shown in the Delphox and Heliolisk. I also like your pencil effect on the Snover.
Can you draw me a Hoopa-Confined? I'd like it to be drawn the same way Heliolisk was drawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)