1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mullet Plays the Hits

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by DM, Mar 6, 2006.

1. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Okay, I finally got off my lazy ass and did this. I'm starting a little game of sorts. In this thread, I am going to play post audio clips of myself playing my guitar. All you have to do is identify the song I'm playing. I'll leave it open for guesses for about a day before saying what it was and moving on to the next one.

I can't stress this enough, so I'm going to make it real visible: DON'T POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD. PM ME WITH YOUR ANSWERS. Any posts with answers will disqualify that person forever, and I'll ask the mods to replace any posts you make in my thread with a picture of a diseased penis. Feel free to post in this thread about previous songs, about what bands you might like me to attempt, about penguins, I don't fucking care, just don't post answers.

There will be a point system: either 5, 10, 15 or 20, depending on song difficulty. It will obviously be cumulative, so at the end, I'll give something to whoever wins. Probably sexual favors, knowing me.

When's the end? Dunno. Whenever I get bored with it, or people stop playing.

DISCLAIMER: I'm no Kirk Fucking Hammett. Don't be screaming at me "You missed a note that's not exactly right!" because if I do a take and I don't like it, I will do another take. I will do enough takes until I am happy with the performance, a.k.a. it's not getting any better, so live with it.

So, without further ado, here's the first song. A 10-pointer:
    http://media.putfile.com/Song-One29
  2. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I was thinking this would be one of those things where you are really, really bad,. So it would be almost impossible to guess the songs..

Also Penguins have value because people enjoy watching them climb about on rocks. Or something.

Have a nice day.
  3. DM

Nah, I've actually been playing guitar for around 8 years, I just kinda plateaued in terms of skill a while ago. I'm pretty good, but I'm no rock god.
  4. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

i know the song i know the song :D too bad i have no fucking clue who sings it and whats it called XD
  5. Dweedle

Dweedle
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Aretha Franklin - Respect
  6. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Hah easy one.

Also sorry I didn't see you PM until today since I never check PMs but yeah I'll be sure to check this thread a lot.
  7. DM

FUCK MAN YOU JUST RUINED THE GAME... but I forgive you
    Yeah, it was easy enough to be 5 points but I wanted to get everyone off to a decent start. But considering how many PMs I've gotten so far, I don't think this will survive in this forum, might not get enough traffic. Or the game just sucks, I dunno.
  8. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I like the game but I think it's the traffic in this forum. I think we could get away with moving this to another forum though... *moves*
  9. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

eassyyy =D this game is cool!
  10. PikaPete

PikaPete

Keep the game going, I would have guessed if I had any fucking idea as to who or what it was - it doesn't help that I hear most of my music on the radio where they talk over the starts of songs.... But if I think I know one, I'll definitely guess!
  11. DM

Wow, I didn't realize that one was that difficult. It was in fact:

Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Since I'm going to bed, I won't be putting Round 2 up until later today. But I assure you all it will be incredibly easy.
  12. Glalie

Glalie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh ok no wonder I didn't know it.
  13. Dweedle

Dweedle

I had a feeling that it was Radiohead, but I don't listen to them very often and I wasn't going to be arsed to figure out what song it was. I'm looking forward to the next one!
  14. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i got it right!

I bet me and carl were the only ones :[
  15. DM

Not quite Jackal. Scores after first round:

Hipno - 10 (1)
    Carl - 10 (1)
    Jackal - 10 (1)

Score in parentheses is how many songs correctly indentified thus far.

Here's round two, a 5-pointer. This one is super fucking easy, so I expect a lot of people getting on the points board with this one:
    http://media.putfile.com/Song-Two22
  16. giga

giga
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

edited out ARgh
  17. Dweedle

Dweedle

I really have no idea what this one is, either. God, I'm terrible at this.
  18. PikaPete

PikaPete

I recognise it, I was humming along to it, but I CAN'T FUCKING REMEMBER THE NAME OF IT! Damnit.
  19. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Haha, I am winning!

Also, in the second one is that you talking? You sound a lot more english than I expected..

I also cant make out what you are saying.

Have a nice day.
  20. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

lol jalbis and carl cant get this

idiots
  21. Carl

Carl or Varl

i'm sorry i don't like shitty bands
  22. Dweedle

Dweedle

i have an excuse, i'm a hippie
  23. DM

Yeah, that's where I grew up for most of my life, came over here to attend college at RIT.

And I did this song because I thought everyone would know it. Turns out it was so easy people have forgotten it.
  24. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

i had to google the only lyric i know from it to get the answer :/
  25. giga

giga
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i cant remember that shit man

edit: nvm xD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)