Multidimensional - #171!

Multi Dimensional

Your rank in Wifi UU is 171/1562 [1202 points / 8 battles]

Introduction: I've been playing UU for quite awhile now, every since Latios was aloud back in OU i decided to Give UU a try a couple months back, since then i have gotten quite good at creating teams to fit the standard UU Meta-game. I find UU to be a far more balanced game type, the "Pokemon Online" tier has strong attackers matched by strong defensive Pokemon, i love needing to use prediction skills to win a match. My team consists of original and novelty sets, i centered my team around Choice Band Bisharp who is my counter to the very overpowered Cresselia, i also just love using the guy. I wanted to create a balanced team that can take out the UU tiers major threats whilst still maintaining some form of defensive Structure.
I feel as thought my team is doing quite well, i have played a large amount of Private games working on small tweaks and i have come up with quite a balanced team, however i still feel as though the team isn't perfected, i really need the Public Peoples opinions on how i can improve upon my team whilst still attaining some form of originality. Please comment with Improvements you feel are needed, i will take all into consideration and test out a majority of ideas.

Bisharp: I started with my Answer to every Cresselia set their is: Bisharp is one of my favorite 5TH Gen Pokemon, he has High Atk & Def but is lacking in all other areas, he isn't Overpowered and fits in quite well, I love using him so i centered around him.

Bisharp / Bronzong: I then added Another steel type Pokemon in Bronzong because he is the only half decent Dual Screen Rock layer, Bronzong is a utility Pokemon, setting up Screens so my more "frail" Pokemon can take some hits whilst setting up, especially in Bisharps case. Bronzong also has a nice Nichë in Stopping strong Psychical attackers and setting up the appropriate screen, he can take Ice beams and lighting attack all day, he also offers a very welcome ground immunity.

Bisharp / Bronzong / Suicune: What Pokemon can take Fire attack for my two steel types and set up to cause havok at the same time? Suicune was my answer. I have always loved Suicune and she fills her role of setup 'n' sweep very well, i can always go to her to take any form of fire attack, she does an amazing job alongside Bronzong & Bisharp.

Bisharp / Bronzong / Suicune / Shelgon: I needed a Strong pokemon to take Electric & Grass attacks for Suicune whilst still being able to deal out some strong offensive damage and place pressure on my opponents. It may seem odd to have chosen Shelgon of all things, but DO NOT underestimate this Pokemon's ability to apply strong offensive pressure and sponge hits. With an Eviolite attacked i had my answer to My Grass & Electric Suicune weakness.

Bisharp / Bronzong / Suicune / Shelgon / Arcanine: I asked myself, what is a commonly strong attack used in UU? Flare Blitz / V-create was my answer. With Arcanine and Darmantian's use becoming very high i decided to use my own Arcanine so he could receive the flash fire boost from a fire attack based at my Two Steel types. Victini also proves to be quite popular using his Stab V-create, i decided that receiving a Flash Fire bonus was a must so i choose Arcanine over the two later types.

Bisharp / Bronzong / Suicune / Shelgon / Arcanine / Alakazam: I was lacking a strong potent special sweeper, i decided to choose a Life orb Alakazam As my Special sweeper, he doesn't over much synergy but he lures in Dark / Psychic typed for my Bisharp to revenge. I decided to run him over another because I have always liked Alakazam and in Test runs with the team he proved quite worthy of his Position of Special Attacker.

In Depth Analysis

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong is somewhat of an amazing lead, utility Pokemon. This is the roll i give him on the team. He is not here to do damage he is here to sponge hits and set up screens and rocks.
Two screens are important so i can switch and my Suicune can setup quickly early game. Because Suicune will be setting up Calm minds i normally don't need Light screen and Just go Stealth Rocks - Reflect - Switch. Gyro Ball & 32 Atk Ev's i so i can actually do something if the need arises, im aware that Bronzong is Setup fodder for opposing Pokemon but after a light screen and reflect i can switch to Suicune who becomes a total monster normally being able. Im running max Def because a majority of UU leads are psychical attackers, plus i want Bronzong to sponge physical hits as none of my other Pokemon can.
The reason i am using light clay is so that my Dual screens get 8 turns instead of 5, an 8 turn reflect increases Suicune chances of setting up 100%. Suicune can nearly always manage 2 calm minds behind a reflect, by then it has taken some damage and can rest of the damage and repeat. Bronzong is one of the best utility Pokemon i have ever used, i love using Dual screens because alot of people don't predict it.

Synergy:
~ Fire - Arcanine / Suicune / Shelgon

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 40 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

The star of the show Bisharp, one of the Reasons i play UU, it cant hold its own in OU but it does its job of destroying psychics / hosts very well whilst being able to boost its attack to astronomical level with swords dance.
I find many chances to set up with Bisharp because he seems to force alot of switches, on the switch i can set up a swords dance allowing me to reach 600+ attack and begin to start wrecking havoc.
I used to use a choice band Pursuit / Sucker punch set but i didnt like being locked into one move because of the amount of switch it does cause, im currently torn between the two sets.
Sucker punch is a very reliable stab priority move that Bisharp desperately needs because his speed is severely lacking. Iron Head / Brick Break are great coverage moves and Iron head is very nice stab. Brick breaks main use is to destroy incoming steel types that i predict.
Bisharp can normally sweep late game with no support and mid-game with Dual Screen support.

Synergy:
~ Fire - Arcanine / Suicune / Shelgon
~ Ground - Bronzong
~ Fighting - Alakazam

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rest

Suicune is an extremely potent sweeper. I have always enjoyed using Suicune because this thing walls alot of Pokemon in the UU Metagame. After a single calm mind it can wreak havoc and when behind a 8 turn reflect screen it can just about always manage 3 calm minds before needing to rest of damage, Chesto wakes me up and i can repeat. After 6 calm minds it only takes 17% health from a choice specs Raikou's thunder, it can also just about OHKO everything with surf that doesn't resists as it reaches 900+ special attack.
I can always find an opportunity to set up with Suicune, the only drawback i have found is that Cresselia Destroys it in Calm Mind battles and i can touch Dragon types or any type that resists Surf / Hidden Power Electric, but im set on using Water / Electric so i can hit opposing Suicune and Milotic. Max HP so i can reach 404 HP and Max speed to reach 295 speed because Suicune already has lots of natural Bulk i don't need to invest into defenses, i also don't need to invest into Special attack because i am going to be raising it, Suicune reminds me alot of Latias in OU.

Synergy:
~ Electric - Shelgon
~ Grass - Shelgon / Bisharp / Bronzong

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat

Arcanine, one of my Favorite revenge killers and my Flash fire boosting rape-sauce Pokemon. Now it may seem a bit odd to run +Atk and a choice scarf, but im doing it because choice banded Arcanine just wasnt working for me, sure he could do massive damage to the switch ins, but other then that he had no use, this is why i changed him to a revenge killer and late game cleanup Pokemon. Flare Blitz / Wild Charge / Close Combat provide un-resisted coverage in UU and even though i cant freely switch between moves after team preview it is easy to figure out what move is appropriate for the opposing switch-in. The opponent will need to use prediction if it wants to keep the switch in alive, this is what i love about Arcanine; his offensive prescience is amazing and his functions very well with this team. Here is the calculation for a Flash Fire boosted Arcanine's Flare blitz against Cresselia.

Calcs: 252 +1 Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/252 Def Cresselia: 41.22% - 48.65%
3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
~ There is no flash fire bonus i could find that would calculate right so i added a +1 Atk in substitute for a flash fire bonus. Pretty pathetic damage but Cresselia is Overpowered anyway.

Synergy:
~ Water - Suicune / Shelgon
~ Ground - Bronzong

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Alakazam is a monster of a Pokemon in UU, i can see why it isn't OU but this thing just wrecks Late-Game. Alakazam is my cleaner, he comes in after my other Pokemon have done their job and K.O's just about every single weakened Pokemon, i truly love raping face with this Magician. Not alot to talk about set wise, I Opt for Recovery > Substitute because in the 8 Ranked matches i have played, nothing can One hit KO Alakazam late game as his checks are normally demolished by Bisharp. Alakazam really doesn't get troubled by any Pokemon because Psychic / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball have un-resisted coverage. Alakazam - Bisharp have a really great amount of synergy with each other, Bisharp destroys Shadow ball users who would other wise trouble Alakazam and Alakazam destroys Steel - Normal types and Psychically defensive Pokemon. I did a Calculations for Alakazam that prove's Cresselia is a whore.

Calcs: 252 SpAtk Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Cresselia: 31.53% - 37.39%
4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Synergy:
~ Dark - Bisharp
~ Ghost - Bisharp
~ Bug - Bisharp

Shelgon (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 20 HP / 244 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Brick Break

You're kidding right? Shelgon @ Eviolite, i mean sure that is a nice novelty but he cant do anything...

364 Defense and an amazing ability to setup as it is one of the only dragon type's you can use in UU after Hydreigon got booted. I mean sure, he isn't the greatest Pokemon, but there aren't alot of strong ice types in UU and the only ice Beams that he normally gets hit by are stray one's from Cresselia who is OHKO with Rocks up at +1 from crunch, which is alot of variables, but you need variables to kill Cresselia.
Dragon Dance Shelgon functions much like his older brother Salamence, but with more defense and less speed / attack, but this is rectified because Shelgon can normally manage 2 dragon dances and put a strong dent in opposing walls, he also rapes face late game ones ice moves are gone because no one really has a dragon counter in UU anymore. I have 20 HP Ev's because it helps me survive something but i cant remember what, i think it is because it can survive 2 Cresselia Ice beams and setup some Dragon dances.
I really do love novelty Pokemon because they have be3come so unexpected, as you may have guessed this is an original set, not based of anything except the fact that i wanted to rape face with a Shelgon.

Dragon Claw / Crunch / Brick Break = You guessed it, un-resisted coverage.

Synergy:
~ Dragon - Bronzong / Bisharp
~ Ice - Suicune / Bronzong / Bisharp / Arcanine

In-Conclusion: I wont lie, i feel as though my team has done quite well to combat the modernized UU Meta-game, but it defiantly still needs improvements, im yet to lose a ranked match and have beaten 2 OU teams in private matches, i am still however missing a wow factor, some Pokemon or Ev spread changing ideas are very welcome and i would love alot of feedback on my team and how i can improve it to reach #1 on the Pokemon online UU ladder. My team has done wonders for me so far and i hope you have enjoyed reading this RMT as it did take me a long while to write, so i thank you for that, please post "Constructive Criticism" and well thought out responses.

Since Bronzong is OU on Smogon (I imagine hes UU on the Pokemon Online server?) a suitable replacement would be Cresselia. Cress is literally one of the bulkiest pokemon in the game and also has access to dual screens and has recovery to boot. If you really need to keep Stealth Rock though you could either put it on Bisharp over Iron Head. Or you could use Uxie instead of Cresselia. Both have their advantages. Hope I helped. :)

Bronzong is OU
Oh well, i have swapped him for Uxie now, thank you for that.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)