Other Multiply - Round Infinity

<billymills> i like it

Rules:
  • This game is made up of 24 hour phases. Each phase has players pick two users who aren't on the playerlist. These picks are submitted to the host privately. Players can do this as many times as they want, but only the last submission counts. By the end of that phase, each player is replaced by those two users. If no pick is received, the player is replaced by no one. If the same player is picked more than once in a phase, the excess picks don't change anything and are "wasted". This continues until the playerlist has 25 players in it or more at the start of a phase.
  • The objective of the game is to predict the final outcome as accurately as possible. A prediction is a list of 20 users. All prediction submissions are done before the first phase starts. You don't have to participate in any of the phases to have your prediction count at the end of the game. However, the host will randomly pick three players out of the pool of predictors to form the playerlist for the first phase.
  • To discourage name-targeting, each prediction gets a final score, and that score is calculated based on the popularity of each predicted user. The points for each user are distributed equally between anyone who picked them so that unique picks are worth full points, semi-unique picks are worth half the points and so on.
  • Any collaboration between players before and during the game is allowed, but bear in mind that there are no joint winners. In the bizarre case of a tie for first place, the first non-tied runner-up is the winner.

Considering it's the first of its kind and New Year's is coming up, you folks have until January 3rd, noon EST to spread the word and submit your guesses. Remember that the initial playerlist is randomized. This game will have no official channel, so if you want to let people know you're in the game you can post here and talk in #circus. Likewise if you have any questions you can post them here.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
So what is this? We predict some people who other people will choose... within the circus community or what? With over 2000 users on smogon this could be interesting... e_e

Round 1!

Players:

kingofkongs
Agape
vonFiedler

You have 24 hours to submit 2 names.

Players don't get notified if they're in or out of the list, just something to keep in mind for later.

Yeah, since one of the submissions isn't coming and the other is a weird one, my decision here is pretty easy. This game is postponed. I let the first round roll because I thought it might develop into something interesting where people keep the game going based on presumptions that people care, but the truth is that I only got 4 guesses.

"Postponed" because people seemed to take interest in the idea. Maybe at a better time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)