Music embarrassments

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But she's not 'ripping them off', they were just the stars she listened to growing up; stars who share her tastes and ideas. The influences of Madonna and Bowie are evident in Gaga's work, but it's not like she's trying to emulate their careers. It's called an INFLUENCE, and it's ridiculous to suggest that having influences is unrealistic or wrong. You can't really suggest that Gaga is identical to any of these performers, either. Bowie made glam-rock, not electro-pop and Madonna has a fraction of Gaga's vocal ability.
This is all true.

Just can't fault an artist with David Bowie as an influence.

I can try.

Anyway, I am compelled to echo what many others have pointed out: music tastes are subjective. I don't care if you hate Lady Gaga. Someone likes her. This is all a matter of opinion.

if you wanna group "smart people" as one person, go right ahead
Now that's bordering on conceited. Real smart people know that their opinion is to themselves, especially in a topic like this where anything you say is just an opinion and not a fact.

Regarding comments on Gaga, an old jape springs to mind: Copying ideas from one person is plagiarism, copying from many is research.

And it's true. You can't really be said to "rip off" half a dozen different people.

Music is generally subjective, the only artist off the top of my head I can say is bad is 50 Cent : fucking terrible lyrics, literally nothing new brought to the table, and no technical ability as a rapper.

Some of the people commented on here are pretty awful examples. We're going for the bottom of the barrel. Why go for Lady GaGa when you can go for Ke$ha?

As for my second answer, and the best answer in this entire topic, I downloaded the complete works of Johnny Rebel last night.

Top that. You can't even beat that with Ken Snyder.

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ke$ha's music is all auto-tune, I bet she sucks at singing anyway. Plus that money sign in her name for an "s" is just ridiculous, who does that? it's just retarted.

Ke$ha looks like she doesn't take baths and by the looks of it I think it may effect her ability to make music. This is assuming she isn't just a bad singer to begin with, though.

Auto-tune is not an inherently bad tool. I honestly care a lot less about that then her annoying drunk valley girl cheerleader verses. Her auto-tuned choruses are passable pop.

Singing ability doesn't mean a lot to me. It's all about songwriting, production, and arrangement. In those, Ke$ha falls even harder.

Ke$ha looks like she doesn't take baths and by the looks of it I think it may effect her ability to make music.
Her lips get stuck together when she tries to open her mouth sometimes, I bet.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Who are the guys that stain the name of music?

In my opinion:

-Jonas Brothers
-Miley Cyrus
-Justin Bieber
How could any of these artists be bad with the sheer number of people who enjoy their music?logic 101: hello?

They're mediocre but inoffensive artists that are liked by obviously too many people. I'm not sure why anyone gets in a huff about the Disney Kidz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)