1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

My "Art"

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by yamipoli, Jun 7, 2008.

1. yamipoli

yamipoli the only person more obsessive than jumpman
    is an Artist Alumnus

Check out all my art here: http://images.yamipoli.com/colors/index.html
    avatar sized images. For when you are lazy and don't feel like booting up MSPaint.
    big text so maybe it will be read: http://images.yamipoli.com/colors/lazy.html if you are looking to request a Pokemon LOOK HERE and see if it's on the completed list. I won't redraw a Pokemon unless it is part of a compilation of images already (to be done later), in a hilarious or clever manner, I am out of the house and can't think of anything better to draw that I remember, or I feel like it.

Here's a collection of art I've made recently. If you are wondering how I make such stunning graphics I suggest you check out this neat program called Colors!. On occasion I post .drw files, and you can use this applet called ColorsDraw to decode and watch me draw stuff.

Quick list of important posts so far:

DM's Portrait | Eeveelutions | last of my sanity | Solrock as the SMB3 Angry Sun | Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser | My pets | Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman | Pokemon with Hats | shelgon getting kicked | relaxed exeggcutor | tutorial on how to draw | big bird flying kicking the duck hunt dog | electrode evolutions

[​IMG]
    I believe this is Farfetch'd. What happened is that I started drawing a brown bird and forgot what I was drawing, so I just drew some green hair on it and called it Farfetch'd. This sounds like how half of Ken Sugimori's art is produced too.

[​IMG]
    This is Regice, in particular it is a vampiric popsicle Regice (note the fangs.) His troubled expression is the key to his existence, and apparently he has teeth problems because one of his teeth aren't connected properly to his mouth. His widespread arms reflect the terror that he must be facing each day, as he, being a vampiric popsicle Regice, would melt in the sun. His legs also suggest he might be part chicken as well.

[​IMG]
    This is Dragonite which I did without any references at all! His coloring is sort of a compromise of orange and brown, because it's really hard to get the colors right.

http://images.yamipoli.com/colors/newshaymin.png
    Since it is all the rage to make your own fake Shaymin form, I present to you, my new Shaymin form! This is better than the current one because it's got wings and has soul piercing eyes, and looks like a green Pikachu.

I also drew Regirock but it sort of failed so click at your own risk: are you ready for sheriff regirock??

Taking suggestions for what to draw. Although I will probably suck the humor out of anything you post by drawing it, I might try! I can draw other things besides Pokemon, provide a picture if you want it to look vaguely like it should, or I'll Google image search for a picture and go off that for potential hilarity.
    I do the pictures in request order (or close enough) so please don't be dumb and request it again. I'm not going to crank out 15 pictures a day because it will kill the thread.

current list: none
  2. Thunda

Thunda

The last one looks like the Faerie Kacheek from neopets.
  3. Raikou

Raikou

I demand you draw Raikou.
  4. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

I actually though the Blue one was Blu from Fosters =[
  5. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

6. Lawman

Lawman

Draw Garchomp, please

1700th post, ha. 300 away
  7. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

Regirock more like Mister Potato Head.

The Raikou is the best of them by far.

DO A DRAPION.
  8. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

9. Lawman

Lawman

Bahaha, that's amazing.
  10. Goodbar

Goodbar

raikou is actually good, its so cool how good artists doodle and its like better than some people can actually draw, this is kind of a similar situation lol

the kid in me wants to think regice is pooping =/
  11. Kira

Kira

Draw a Butterfree! It is one of my new favorite pokemon.
  12. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

lol the regirock is more like a nosepass
  13. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

Obviously the best way to celebrate your new favorite Pokemon is to get a highly respected artist like myself to draw it.

[​IMG]

BONUS! If you have colors or can get the shitty java applet to work, you can watch me draw it!

http://images.yamipoli.com/colors/butterfree.drw
  14. Goodbar

Goodbar

you reeled me in with your crafty salesmanship, make meh a horsea, make sure it doesn't look stoned, tangerine says horsea is a stoner...
  15. RODAN

RODAN big black dick of fate
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

make a dodrio
  16. Kira

Kira

New favorite artist!

Hmm.... my other favorite pokemon is Ditto but he is basically a blob so it isn't too much of a challenge to draw.
  17. Invective

Invective

draw a voltorb. it is my favourite. i would draw it but i cant. iv tried. and make it pretty colours.
  18. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of the Dodrios is sad, because his head is poorly attached.
  19. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Sorry, I'm not good at Voltorb. :( He has such a complex body design.
  20. Lawman

Lawman

yamipoli is my new favorite user

sorry glen
  21. Kira

Kira

Same here
  22. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Hahahaha, you reeled me in with Voltorb.

Excellent job!
  23. Invective

Invective

sweet. thank you. he does have complex body. whenever i tried, it came out like bad. and upsidedown.
  24. yamipoli

is an Artist Alumnus

25. Hobo Joe

Hobo Joe

I thought Wobbie didn't learn Wood Hammer

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)