1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My bad luck warstory

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Aqueos, May 16, 2010.

1. Aqueos

Aqueos

My team in a nutshell
    Shiny Infernape@focus sash evs? (can't remember I think it is max both attacks)
    fake out
    taunt
    close combat
    heat wave

Groudon@lum berry evs 252 hp 252 att 4 spc def
    eq
    stone edge
    protect
    dragon claw

Latios@salac berry evs 4hp 252 spc att 252 spe
    endure
    solar beam
    hidden power fire
    draco meteor

Mewtwo@life orb 100spe 252 spa 156att
    aura sphere
    thunderbolt
    ice beam
    self destruct

The whole day had been uneventful until now. I was in the registration line, so nervous that I could burst. In response, every time I could I passed another player, to get closer to the counter. I finally received my wristband and score card and proceeded to wait to get a battle. After around 20 minutes of waiting I could finnaly join someone. Someone next to me says "my shuckle will own you" I immediately decide to battle her, because my team can defeat the bronzong shuckle combo easily. I stand next to her a little to close, like we're friends, and instantly we're paired. We are directed to the fourth game playing station. While were waiting for instructions she asks my name. "Daniel" I say. She looks striaght across the table into my eyes. "how old are you" "13" "Well I'm shawna and this is my 5th year at the vgc. I'm 19" "looks can be deceiving I say" Shortly we begin the battle. The first words out of her mouth are "a shiny....."

Battle 1
    Suprisingly I can barely remember this. Shawna leads with shuckle and..... rayquaza? Ok.... I proceed to use my infernape's fake out and aim a stone edge at it. The edge misses leaving me annoyed. Shuckle uses....... stone edge? WHAT? It does nothing to infernape. Next turn infernape pounds shuckle with close combat and groudon outspeeds rayquaza for the ko. I proceed to 4-0 shawna, and recommend the bronzong shuckle combo.

I go to the purple section of the mats and get paired with n asian guy. I say good luck and he merely grunts.

Battle 2
    I lead out and see a WHAT??????? A bronzong and a dialga. I finnaly decide to taunt bronzong. He switches out to hippowdon and protects with dialga. I decide to close combat dialga and eq everything. Dialga goes down but hippowdon lives and misses with ice fang. I can't remeber the rest but I do 2-0 him.

I am paired with the last person I'd ever want to battle. he's 20 or older and has the eeveelutions tattoed on his shoulder. He's really nice and has the same last name i do creating some confusion. We chat and then launch into the battle.

Battle 3
    Whip out platinum or hgg or ss and find this battle video 99-85554-45746
    SPOILER ALERT

By the way, afterwards the mc tells me the guy made it to top 16 at worlds lat year.... Go figure (I think they were close friends)
    Now that you've watched that insane closeness I procede to battle 4 where I battle.... the perfect rain dance team. Groudon is ohkoed and I lose...... It turns out my opponent was deagle who made it to the quarter finals.
    I did have a lot of fun and I watched the little kids battle. I will add details later. GO LITTLE GIRL
  2. Werecario

Werecario

Good job, and sorry that you lost. Rain dance team are annoying lol. If anyone can get that vid on youtube it would be nice. Not far enough in hgss to see videos i dont think. idk I might be able to. A youtube vid would still be nice.
  3. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

you only had 3 pokes?!
    well there's your problem...
  4. Aqueos

Aqueos

Woops now its on there. I'll try to get it on. Plat works too you only have to be at goldenrod to view them (whitney doesn't even need to be beaten.
  5. Boomguy

Boomguy

I'm surprised Groudon survived the explosion
  6. Werecario

Werecario

Ok cool. And once again, good job, sorry that you lost. Are you planning on competing anywhere else?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)