1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

my best team (Peaked at #45)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by drainpipe69, Jan 16, 2012.

1. drainpipe69

drainpipe69

My team struggles with gligar and virizion, and entry hazards, especially toxic spikes. I would like to fit a rapid spinner on my team but am not sure how.

Lead: Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
    Ability: Unburden
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs:252 Att, 240 Spe, 16 HP
    -Fake Out
    -High Jump Kick
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

This is my anti-lead, which I find serves my team well. The idea is to fake out, stripping the opponent of their focus sash/sturdy, and to use the normal gem, activating unburden. It is ev'd to outspeed a neutral max ev qwilfish in the rain. If faced with a psychic type such as uxie or mesprit, I switch to Honchkrow, to preserve Hitmonlee as a revenge killer/late game sweeper.

Physical Sweeper: Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird
    -Sucker Punch

Capable of tearing apart any team who doesn't tackle it quickly thanks to its dream world ability moxie. Standard set- come in on anything that doesn't want to face it (such as a psychic type threatening Hitmonlee), sub up as they switch out or fail to break it, then wreck their team with increasing momentum with it's powerful stab attacks. Uses roost to shake off sub and SR damage.

Walling douche: Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    Nature: Impish
    Evs: 252 HP, 140 Def (?), 116 SpD (?)
    -Toxic
    -Stockpile
    -Recover
    -Waterfall

Stops set up sweepers in their tracks. Often derps try to further boost their stats when I use him, whilst I stockpile or toxic it, killing it or forcing it to switch out. It also is immune to electric type attacks, the bane of honchkrow, and has only one weakness. Really am clueless about the nature and ev spread here, I would welcome improvement.

Cow/ Cleric: Miltank @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Impish (?)
    Evs: 252 HP, 160 Def (?), 96 SpD (?)
    -Heal Bell
    -Milk Drink
    -Body Slam
    -Stealth Rock

My Cleric, although without wish; also provides Stealth Rock support. Resists Ice thanks to thick fat, the other bane of Honchkrow. Heal Bell rids my team of status, which would otherwise be problematic as none of my pokemon really soak it up. It also synergises well with Cofa's Rest/ Body Slam is my attack, coming with a nifty 30% paralysis chance, which can, believe me, make all the difference.

Physical wall/Spinblocker: Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mummy
    Nature: Calm
    Evs: 252 HP, 28 Def, 228 SpD
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Rest
    -Hex/Shadow Ball (?)
    -Haze

Takes hits like a boss, and synergises well with Miltank with its immunity to Fighting, whilst Miltank is immune to Ghost. Will-O-Wisp is there to cripple any of the physical pokes who risk staying in. Rest is it's only form of recovery, and it can usually wake up before being taken out. Haze prevents anything from setting up on him, and Shadow Ball or Hex is his necessary attack.

Magmortar @ Life Orb
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 252 SpA, 232 Spe, 24 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -HP Grass
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Magmortar boasts a trololo base Special Attack of 125, and a movepool that gives it wide super effective coverage, which means no safe switch-ins. Fire Blast for stab, Thunderbolt for waters, HP Grass for Quagsires etc, Focus Blast for bulky rock types. Evs let it outrun any Base 80s.
  2. MikaDo

MikaDo

I like it, although I wouldn't choose magmortar by my self. But i respect your choiche, since it's your team! ;D I think Hitmonlee's unburden/gem/fake out tactic is really well thought and it is very strong(I used to have a Hitmonlee to!) What I miss is a fast sweeper! I would replace magmortar with a faster fire, like Moltres. For natures and ev's for quagsire, I think you must do what you think is best!
  3. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

IMo you are using unburden hitmonlee the wrong way. I think it should be used As a late game sweeper because if you lead with and waste your normal gem right away someone can just bring in a counter to copletely wall. If you use it as a late game sweeper then it can perform much better because then all of it's counters should be eliminated it can finish up the rest thanks to the unburden boost.

Anyways about your team. You really only have 1 counter to mixpedo which is honchkrow. Even then honchkrow isn't that great of a counter because it can't take a hit at all. To remedy this I suggest putting Mach punch over earthquake on hitmonlee, assuming that you don't let hitmonlee die too fast. Earthquake is generally reduntabt coverage to HJK. You both hit rock and steel for super effective which are the 2 main ones. Shell smash omastar can ohko all of your sweepers after a shell smash and can set up on miltank, quagsire, and cofagrigus. This gives you an even more of a reason to use Mach punch over eq. You say you have a gligar problem but I'm not to sure how to remedy this with out ruining team synergy. Quagsire seems to be your weakest link because many set up sweepers (lilligant, omastar, porygon z) are able to either ohko or 2 hko it. So instead of quagsire I suggest a mixpedo set in it's place. This adds a fierce sweeper to the team while still being able to deal with gligar.
    Hope I helped at all.
  4. drainpipe69

drainpipe69

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try out sharpedo, although I now have no electric switch-in. I actually used to have a moltres in this slot, but the 4x SR weakness was problematic to say the least as I have no rapid spinner. Maybe slap a scarf on Magmortar?
  5. Dragoon Master

Dragoon Master

It is a great team, however I believe that Cofagrigus should be replaced by Dusknoir.

Here is a good move set:

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Confuse Ray/ Substitute
    - Toxic/ Substitute
    - Shadow Punch/ Shadow Sneak/ Mean Look/ Substitute
    - Protect/ Pain Split/ Substitute

Dusknoir is one of my favorite RU's. Dusknoir can use the infamous toxic, confuse ray combination which is very effective in burning almost any pokemon except steels and poisons. You have magmortar to take out almost all steal type pokemon with focus blast and fire blast. Hitmolee, if used correctly, should able to take out most poisons except Gengar. Dusknoir also has awesome hp, defense, and sp. defense for a RU. I left a very large range of moves that I suggest you should choose from. Here's a good sharpedo move set:
    Sharpedo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 96 Def / 160 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Fang
    - Protect/ agility
    - Earthquake
    - Agility/ aqua jet
    This adds to your ability to take out Virizion and glisor with one move KO moves.

Hope this all helps you!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)