My Best Team

This is my RU team on PO. I've had relatively good luck with it topping in the 600's on both the PO server and the Smogon server. This is my first post so I may not have the dynamics of posting threads quite well yet. Well here we go.

Lead: Claydol @ Leftovers

240 HP/224 DEF/44 SPE
Bold(+DEF/-ATK)
Levitate
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Earth Power
This isn't your standard lead Claydol here, it has some speed EV's in it so it can out speed other Claydol's and hit them with an ice beam, then on their switch get the rocks up. This Claydol though plays a huge, and I mean huge part in my team. He plays a key part in rapid spinning away hazards that would otherwise hinder my Typhlosion.

Scarfer: Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf

4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPE
Modest(+SPA/-ATK)
Blaze
Eruption
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Hidden Power(Grass)
This thing is an absolute wrecking machine. It's by far my favorite pokemon on my team. At max health an Eruption will do massive damage to any poke that doesn't resist it. There is one problem though. Hazards. They hinder that ability to deal that huge wrecking damage. He does pack Focus Blast, which will hit any fire type hard and of course HP Grass to hit water pokes hard. Fire Blast is when you can't avoid hazard damage but still want to pack a lot of damage and take out a couple pokes.

Wall: Tangrowth @ Leftovers

252 HP/252 DEF/4 SPA
Relaxed(+DEF/-SPE)
Regenerator
Power Whip
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Hidden Power(Fire)
This poke hasn't been exactly a game changer but has always been there to help out. It deals with the bulky water types and makes ground types switch out. The nest poke to switch in though has to either take a leech seed or a sleep powder rendering it either useless or health for my team. The hidden power fire is to hurt those grass types that switch into a leech seed and such. He also pairs well with my Feraligatr and protects him from bulky waters that can take his hits or other grass types that force him out.

Walling Bitch: Mandibuzz @ Leftovers

248 HP/244 SPD/16 SPE
Careful(+SPD/-SPA)
Overcoat
Taunt
Roost
Toxic
Brave Bird
This is also another favorite on my team, it is such a pain to get rid of. It walls anything that can't hit it for super effective damage, and even then it usually gets a toxic on the opponent and then toxic stalls it to death. This poke has played a huge part of my team and it's ability to make other pokes switch really helps me shuffle their team so i can bring out a heavy hitter like Typhlosion. The combination of taunt, roost, and toxic always means a switch except for steel types, leading Magneton to be a valuable teammate.

Special Attacker/Steel Trapper: Magneton @ Eviolite

168 HP/252 SPA/88 SPE
Modest(+SPA/-ATK)
Magnet Pull
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power(Fire)
Magnet Rise
Substitute
This thing is also a boss and has helped me defend my Mandibuzz and Feraligatr quite many times. The Hidden Power Fire is quite clearly set out for steel types that I'm planning on trapping in. Thunderbolt is to scare off bulky water types or physical walls not meant to take his hits. Substitute is for when I switch in on a water type and know they are going to switch. Sub up and then a magnet rise will get rid of that weakness immediatly unless its a fire type in which sending a thunderbolt might make them switch or at least deal some decent damage. He is also perfect for countering Claydol's that run no speed EV's which is common. Magnet Rise gets rid of the super effective for Claydol to use and Hidden Power Fire will do enough to build up and make them switch. I chose Eviolite for the defense bonus while inside my sub to keep the sub up as long as possible.This thing rules.

Bulky Dragon Dance: Feraligatr @ Leftovers

100 HP/176 ATK/80 Def/64 SPD/88 SPE
Jolly
Torrent
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
This thing is not a normal set-up for a Feraligatr mainly because I enjoy switching it in on a fire type, usually taking a hit and then using a Dragon Dance to either make my Feraligatr fast and strong or go straight for the Waterfall incase of the Dragon Dance prediction. This thing gets rid of the major problems for my Typhlosion such as Rapidash and Moltres, once I take those out I can switch my Typhlosion in and usually sweep the rest of my opponents team. The moveset is the typical Feraligatr sweeper to hit pretty much everything hard par bulky water types that usually always force a switch.

That's about it for my team. I literally just made this account and my post that I wrote up for was deleted, so this was pretty rushed. I will take any criticism except for really asshole comments. Thank you for checking my team out.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This looks like a team with good synergy, but out of interest, why specifically those EVs on Feraligatr? Is it engineered to specifically take a certain hit from a certain poke?

I really like your team right now, but i think there are some things that could make it better. First of all, put the defense and special defensive evs on feraligatr into hp. That makes it bulkier than splitting the evs.

Also, i recommend you put some more evs from Mandibuzz into speed. 48 evs lets you outspeed minimum investment cress.

Finally, i think you should make Typhlosion Timid. This allows him to outspeed +1 lilligant, who would otherwise threaten a huge portion of your team with giga drain and HP rock.

I hope that this could help you out. Good luck.

This is a decent team. Congrats getting into the 600 range I could never do that, but good for you :)

Similar to triangles what is your logic behind fraligator?
I am guessing to make it more of a bulky sweeper or something?

However if you want to add some more offense in this and speed would you consider replacing fraligator speed boost sharpedo ?

Use hp ground oer hp fire on magneton. Itlets you win againsts other magnetons and still allows you to beat ferroseed. Also does more damage to probopass and Aggron (who otherwise threatens your team behind a sub) and hits all other steels the same as fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)