1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My Bw2 OU Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TyDanitar, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TyDanitar

TyDanitar

Hello Smogon this is my first RMT so please bear with me as i learn the ropes :)

The Team

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn@Rocky helmet
    Brave
    252hp/248spD/8def
    Power Whip
    Stealth Rock
    Thunder Wave
    Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my main wall as he is a great wall and provides good synergy with tentacruel,my other wall. Thunder wave is to cripple fast sweepers and i have the two attacking moves as opposed to spikes because i think spikes is a waste if they have a spinner.

[​IMG]
    Tentacruel@Black Sludge
    Bold
    252hp/216def/40spD
    Scald
    Protect
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel is a great wall as it has some key resistances but has some downfalls. he is basically just a rapid spinner and toxic spikes absorber. Scald is to burn physical threats. Protect is for stallung out the opponent, Rapid Spin is his main move as it removes pesky hazards that are a threat to some of my pokes.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar@Life Orb
    Jolly
    126hp/252atk/126spe
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch

Tyranitar, other than being one of my favorite pokes, is a great answer to the plethora of weather teams coating the metagame. It is almost a perfect switch in to ninetails and after politoed is removed I can set up dragon dances when the opponent switches and sweep. Crunch+stone edge make up my main STABs and Fire Punch is for the steels that would otherwise wall me(Jirachi,Scizor,etc.).

[​IMG]
    Magnezone@Choice Scarf
    timid
    252spA/252spe
    Volt Switch
    Hidden Power[Fire]
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon

Magnezone is amazing in the fact that it traps steels so well, witch is what i mainly use it for.I have an answer to the steel type threats that litter the metagame. Choice scarf lets me outspeed most of the unboosted metagame so i can get in a volt switch. Hidden Power[Fire] OHKOs most of the said steel pokemon. In addition Magnezone provides good synergy with my next team member.

[​IMG]
    Landorus-T@Choice Band
    Jolly
    252atk/252spe
    U-turn
    Earthquake
    Superpower
    Stone edge

Landorus as I said earlier provides a good VoltTurn combo with scarf Magnezone so U-turn is the crux of this set. Earthquake is good for killing most pokes that aren't immune to it and stone edge is for said pokemon. Magnezone and Landorus-T provide a great offensive core and i built this team closely around this fact.

[​IMG]
    Weavile@Expert Belt
    Adamant
    252atk/252spe
    Ice Shard
    Low kick
    Pursuit
    Night Slash

In a way Weavile is one of my most useful pokemon. Although any powerful move can KO him he has the ability to take out DD boosted dragons, namely Dragonite and Salamence, and to a lesser extent Flygon. I like to run expert belt to fake out using a choice band and hit switch ins like Jellicent or Ferrothorn HARD with respective super effective moves. As I previously stated Ice Shard rips apart Mence and DDnite after the muliscale is broken.
  2. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude is an official Custom Title Rater
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor

Hey there man nice team!

First off I noticed your ferrothorn is running Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave alongside each other this isnt really a good idea because you need Ferrothorn to be slower then your Opponent to get Gyro Balls full damage. Also with Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn has no recovery that is why I suggest Leech Seed>Thunder Wave Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn a way of recovering damage making it last longer

Also your Ferrothorn has an attack boosting nature. Seeing as it is a defensive wall this isnt really needed and Sassy>Brave would be more benificail giving you a boost in your special defense.

I can also see Tornadus-T being a little problemental for this team seeing as it hits Weavile, Ferrothorn, Tyraniatr and can out speed and hit Magnezone hard with Superpower. Your team also has a weakness to fire type moves. I dont really see a need for Magnezone on this team anyway because with Fire and Fighting coverage on Weavile, Landerorous and Tyraniatar you have steels covered pretty well. That is why I suggest changing ScarfLatios>Magnezone This still gives you a powerful Speciall attacker but it also gives you a revenge killer that can outspeed Tornadus-T something that Magnezone couldnt do. Also with Psyshock Latios can affectivly deal with Terakion a pokemon that could destroy your team if Landorous is weakend.

Nice team and I hope i helped!

Sets
    Show Hide
    Show Hide
    Show Hide
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet | Iron Barbs
    Sassy| 252 Hp/ 252 Sp Def / 4 Def
    Power Whip | Gyro Ball| Leech Seed | Stealth Rock

[​IMG]
    Latios @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
    Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Draco Meteor | Psychock | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power [Fire]

~Superpowerdude
  3. morningsun

morningsun

You have a pretty solid team going on there, especially from an offensive perspective. However, it is weak to fighting types. This problem can be resolved however by replacing Ferrothorn with Celebi. In this way, you retain offensive synergy while also being able to handle fighting types more efficiently. However, getting rid of Ferrothorn leaves you without stealth rocks. Excellent users of stealth rocks that would also benefit from the sand storm are Mamoswine and Donphan. Try it instead of weavile, as it also has excellent priority ice shard to take care of those pesky dragons. This in turn leaves you water weak. To get rid of this problem, landorus-t should be replaced. Conkeldurr would do a great job in this position, as the only thing your landorus would be providing at this point would be a fighting type move in superpower. The deranged clown will also provide you with a dark type move as well. In the case that you absolutely want a dark type STAB go with Scrafty over Conkeldurr. These are the sets that I would recommend.
    Show Hide

Celebi@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe
    Moves:
    Giga Drain
    Psychic
    Thunder Wave
    Recover

Giga Drain for STAB, as well as a grass type move for gastrodon and the like. It also provides additional recovery which is always nice. Psychic for the fighting types that trouble your team. T-wave to cripple fast threats and to be consistent with your Ferrothorn. Recover is there to help keep Celebi alive for as long as possible. With the given EVs you still have a pretty good physical wall to take the place of the obviously more bulky Ferrothorn.

Mamoswine@Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Moves:
    Ice Shard
    Icicle Crash/Endeavor/Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock

Ice Shard for all the reasons you stated. EQ for STAB and coverage. SR because it's the best move in the game. This last move slot can be occupied by Icicle Crash for a more powerful STAB option than Ice Shard, Endeavor for situations when you're down to hanging on your Focus Sash, or Stone Edge to form the infamous EdgeQuake combo. You might want to consider Donphan though because Mamoswine is another fighting weak Pokemon and is fire weak as well (although thick fat counteracts that). Donphan would provide better support too.

Donphan@Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves:
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard

Rapid Spin to get rid of trouble-some entry hazards. SR for your own hazard. EQ for coverage and STAB. Ice Shard for that priority Ice move that you lose with Weavile.

Conkeldurr@Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
    Moves:
    Superpower
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge
    Payback

This Conkeldurr is as consistent as it can get with your Landorus. Superpower after a Guts boost is an OHKO on almost all non-resisting 'mons. Mach Punch for priority to cover up for Conkeldurr's sub-par speed. SE for flying types. Payback for coverage against Ghosts and Psychics who will attempt to switch in and wall you. If this doesn't work for you try Scrafty. Although very different from Landorus it is very threatening and may prove to work better on your team than Conkeldurr.

Scrafty@Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Ability: Moxie
    Moves:
    Dragon Dance
    High Jump Kick
    Crunch
    Ice Punch

This set is pretty good. After a DD or two Scrafty becomes a deadly sweeper. The selected moves land a SE hit on 11 of 17 types. The most coverage 4 moves can get you being 14. This set speaks for itself. Be wary however if you choose to use Scrafty (I strongly recommend Conkeldurr), as Scrafty is also weak to fighting type moves.

You may have noticed that I talk a lot about consistency. What I'm trying to do there is preserve your ideas partially and just improve on it. The reason I try to remain consistent is because I want it to feel like your idea, not mine, because it's your team and you won't understand it well enough unless you make the primary decisions.
    So what do you think?

Also to Superpowerdude:
    The team would still remain weak to fighting. There would remain 2 Pokemon with 4x fighting weakness and one with a 2x. That's half right there. Something like Virizion could go to town on this team, especially once the Latios was gone.
  4. TyDanitar

TyDanitar

I think I will use your suggestion morningsun and replace Ferrothorn with celebi and something with mamoswine but I see that superpower is suggesting I replace MagneZone. That I don't think I want to do because he gets so many kills on steel type threats like scizor,jirachi,Ferrothorn, and the like so he is pretty valuable to my team. Also I think I will replace ttar with DD Dragonite because I was testing out and I realized that I didn't really need the sand and that's the only reason I was using him anyways.
  5. lobstermobster

lobstermobster

Dang it. I had written this nice, long paragraph about how Mamoswine was so badass and stuff, then I read the post above me and I see someone already mentioned it.
    Anyway, Mamo is pretty antimeta at the moment with all the Therians and dragons running amuck.
    I would replace Weavile with it.
    Good luck

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)