1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My Dragon Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Barfybog, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Barfybog

Barfybog

Hello, This is my First RMT, so lets see how it goes.

[​IMG]
    Hydreigon @Life Orb
    Levitate w/Timid Nature
    252 Satk 252 Spe 4 atk
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Super Power
    Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is sort of like my mixed Sweeper. A lot of people tell me that I should use scarf Hyreigon, but honestly I love being able to One-shot Tyranitars with Super Power as they switch in. He may be timid but it can still usually one shot them. Also Many have told me that I should use Roost, but Im not sure which move I should replace it with, since I use all of them regularly.

[​IMG]
    Rotom Wash @ Leftovers
    Levitate w/Calm Nature
    252 HP 252 SDef 4Satk
    Volt Switch
    Hydro Pump
    Pain Split
    ThunderWave

Rotom Wash has quickly become one of my favorite pokemon in OU. He seems like a perfect counter to most of the pokemon out there, able to take stab hydro pumps in the rain with his high Sdef, while dishing out some damage with voltswitch/hydro pump. I also really like using thunderwave on common special scarfers such as latios or Starmie. I would not replace Rotom Wash for anything.

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Magnet Pull(Obviously) Timid Nature
    252 Satk 252 Spe 4 def
    Hidden Power Fire
    ThunderBolt
    Voltswitch
    Thunderwave

Magnezone is an alright pokemon. With rain becoming more and more common, I am starting to question whether or not to keep him because his hidden power fire is weakened a lot. I do enjoy voltswitching between him and Rotom Wash just to add some damage to many water types that appear in the metagame, and that usually works out very well.

[​IMG]
    Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
    Mold Breaker w/Jolly Nature
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4HP
    Aqua Tail
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Superpower

I have been debating what item to use for Haxorus. Before Choice Scarf I have used Choice Band, just for the enormous power that Haxorus already has. It would destroy many pokemon, but sometimes it just wouldn't HM01 it(Really bad joke). I recently added a choice scarf, and it seems to work really nice with the team, I think I will keep it, but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Flying Gem
    Poison Heal w/ Jolly Nature
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
    Acrobatics
    EarthQuake
    Ice Fang
    Taunt

I really like this Gliscor. It seems to surprise people, even though It's fairly common. My offensive Gliscor does a ton of damage with Acrobatics because of the flying gem, it also has plenty of speed so it can taunt most support pokemon before they can start doing stuff. If I can somehow manage to switch Gliscor in on a toxic it is very nice xD. Gliscor seems to make a nice counter to other Gliscors and to pokemons like Breloom and Blissey

[​IMG]
    Conkeldurr @Life Orb
    Guts w/ Adamant Nature
    252 atk 252 HP 4 spe
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Ice Punch

I'm Not so sure about Conkeldurr. He seems like an alright pokemon, but I always end up just using him as death fodder, and hitting enemies with mach punch just for a little bit of added damage before he drops. Sure I do sometimes use Conkeldurr to take down an enemy TTar here or there, but my two dragon types both have Super Power to take them down anyway. I kind of want to either change Conkeldurr's moves/stats or replace him with something else, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks so much for reviewing my team! Any advice will be very much appreciated, and I cannot wait to make my team stronger and better. Some things I'm really looking for is what to do with Conkeldurr and Magnezone. Thanks Again!
  2. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Hey man, nice team.

This is a very cool team you got here, so props for the creativity. I really like the usage of underrated threats, such as Acrobat Gliscor, and you have a few creative sets, which is also nice. However, I spot some flaws in this team that definitely need ironing out, and hopefully my rate can help with that. With that said, let's get to the rate. Alright, first of all, I would suggest changing your Rotom-W EV spread to one of 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD over your current one. The aftermentioned EV spread allows Rotom-W to score the OHKO on Max HP Gliscor with Hydro Pump, while the rest is obviously for bulk. Up next, I recommend changing your current Magnezone into a Choice Specs set. Specs Magnezone is a very devastating Pokemon, KOing most of the tier with its 2 STAB attacks, making it a very underrated threat in the metagame today. Moving forward, I would like to advocate the use of Swords Dance over your current choice of Ice Fang on Gliscor. Swords Dance is basically a necessity on Acrobat Gliscor, as it heightens the power of Gliscors 2 STAB moves, Acrobatics and Earthquake. Also on Gliscor, you should be using an Adamant Nature over your current Jolly Nature. An Adamant nature, obviously boosts your Attack even higher when used in conjuction with Swords Dance. Well, that's about all I have to say for now. I hope that my advice helped this team. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!​

Magnezone (open)

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Choice Specs Lv. 100 -- Magnet Pull

Nature: Modest - EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd​

- Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Flash Cannon
    - Volt Switch

TL;DR (open)

• Rotom-W [​IMG]: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SpD -> 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
    • Magnezone [​IMG]: Choice Scarf -> Choice Specs
    • Gliscor [​IMG]:
    • Ice Fang -> Swords Dance
    • Jolly -> Adamant

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)
  3. Barfybog

Barfybog

Thanks for the quick Rating!
    I probably will change my Rotom Wash's EVs to what you advised, Rotom definitely could use a bit more power on my team so that will help out

Also at first I was very skeptical about using choice Specs instead of the choice scarf that I normally use, but it seems to be working alright. I have played a few matches and it makes taking out Ferrothorns much easier.

I'm not so sure about having swords dance on Gliscor. I will probably change his nature to adamant since there aren't many supports that require me to have jolly nature to outspeed(I will still outspeed Brelooms Which is what I initially created Gliscor For). I can see swords dance helping out very well, especially since Gliscor is a very difficult pokemon to take down with its great typing and high base defence. I will test it out and see if it works or not.

Thanks again for all the advice!
    Showdown IGN - da thief da thief

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)