My DW Ubers Team

This team peaked at rank 40 in the Pokemon Online server, so it's not too bad. Well, here it is:

I'M-ON-FIRE (Blaziken) (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Hone Claws
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Blaze Kick

Blaziken is my lead for a few special reasons. Firstly, it gets rid of pokemon which can do horrible to my team. Blaziken is very frail, and will only take one or two hits before it is gone. That is the exact reason why I decided to use it as my lead, because I cannot afford for it to take damage from entry hazards. Instead of using Swords Dance, I use Hone Claws instead to raise all the moves to perfect accuracy. Stone Edge is sure to OHKO Ho-oh. Hi Jump Kick is there to do terrible damage to everything other than Groudon, which is 2HKOed after a +1 boost from Hone Claws.

PetaVolt (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

My Zekrom is one of my favourite pokemon. It outspeeds almost everything which is not scarfed, and its powerful STAB moves are there to do huge damage to any pokemon which are not defensive. Dragon Claw is used if you do not want to confuse yourself with Outage, and force a switch, but Stone Edge is used because I couldn't think of any better moves to use (Give me recommendations if there are).

Tsunami (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Again, like Zekrom, my Kyogre is as deadly, but this time, it is my special sweeper. Water Spout is very powerful, and OHKOs everything that doesn't resist it. Surf is used if my HP is low, and the other two moves are for move coverage; to hit for super-effective damage. Its EV's mean it can still outspeed Darkrai and Shaymin, as well as take some damage from physical moves.

Celestial @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype

- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
Arceus and its Swords Dance-ExtremeSpeed combo is pretty self explanatory. When there is a time when you are able to set up, you use Swords Dance. Then spam away with ExtremeSpeed. If there is a Ghost Pokemon, use Shadow Claw. Earthquake is used to hit Steel Arceus, which is becoming a little more common.

Australia @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

This Groudon is here for complete Offenses and Bulk. Earthquake is for STAB, Stone Edge hits flying types, Shadow Claw hits Latios and Latias. Fire punch OHKO's Ferrothorn. Always. The bulk means that it can take quite a lot of damage, especially from Arceus' ExtremeSpeed. Unfortunately, that means that special attacks take this thing down quite easily.

JurrasicPark @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

This Genesect is quite like the weather abuser. Flamethrower is used in the Sunshine, Thunder is used in the rain. Bug Buzz is for STAB, and OHKOs any Mewtwo which has not Calm Minded yet. Ice Beam OHKOs Garchomp. Unfortunately it is scarfed, so I have to switch it out if I get into a tricky corner, especially with stuff like Kyogre or Groudon. It's typing also means that it resists many powerful moves, but then fire type moves will always kill Genesect, especially in the sunshine.

Counters and Threats
Dugtrio traps my Kyogre or Zekrom, sets up with Hone Claws and then kills. Completely.
Arceus with Swords Dance and ExtremeSpeed will wreck my pokemon just like my Arceus will wreck theirs. My Genesect and Groudon can counter Arceus, fortunately.
Ditto transforming into my Speed Boost Blaziken is the last thing I want to happen. No, really it is. It will pierce my team completely. My ExtremeSpeed Arceus can finish it, though.

Other than that, I don't really know of other threats that there are. If there are any, please reply to this forum with some. Also see if there are any improvements that can be made to my team.

Something I would recomend is giving Groundon Rock Polish (or Agility, whichever one it learns). Shadow Claw on him isn't hitting anything that EQ/Stone Edge/Fire Punch don't already hit for neutral damage so I would drop that. The speed boost will help him sweep other teams and can let him outspeed a lot of his counters.

Also I would give your Zekrom the -SpAtk, +Spe nature instead. He hits hard enough as is.

You should have Swords Dance or Rock Polish on Groudon. And make sure to change your EV spread when doing so.

Groudon @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Should be the set you should probably use.

And since Zekrom has a scarf, you should change your Kyogre to Specs.

You should have Swords Dance or Rock Polish on Groudon. And make sure to change your EV spread when doing so.

Groudon @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Should be the set you should probably use.

And since Zekrom has a scarf, you should change your Kyogre to Specs.
I've used CM Kyogre to more success than any set.
@Clinton, avoid choice items if you can.

This might seem weird, but I made a few changes to my team.

Seeing Extremekiller Arceus is so common, i decided to change my groudon.So any pokemon which wants to give me the piss by setting up will be pissed off back.

Groudon @ Leftovers Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Psych Up
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
LOL! It might seem very weird, but I decided to use this as my very nice counter to Extremekiller Arceus. It takes the right timing for this though. One incorrect move and my only counter to Arceus will be gone. When I think that Arceus is going to set up, I use Psych Up and copy the +2 Attack boost which it will probably get from Arceus using Swords Dance. Earthquake will then do around 80% damage to Arceus, which is great. I also changed its nature to impish, so that a +2 Extremespeed will do less than 50% damage to Groudon.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

I replaced Zekrom with Palkia because a speed tie with any other 90 speeders which are scarfed can possibly cost me the game. So I decided to go with Palkia instead, and having 100 speed and pretty much like my Genesect, takes advantage of the weather condition, means that this is a very powerful pokemon if you know how to use it properly. I decided to go with Dragon Pulse instead of Spacial Rend because in one battle, Spacial Rend missed twice in a row, so I decided that I could not take a risk with hax occurring, so I went with Dragon Pulse instead.

uh... Psych Up is too gimmicky and situational at best, if you want to copy Arceus' SD boost just use your own Swords Dance.

also you might want to update the OP with your changes

No, but I want other boosts as well. Instead of just using it against SD Arceus, I can also use it against any other pokemon which want to try and set up too, like CM Giratina, or Quiver Dance Volcarona, because stuff like that can make a difference against victory and defeat. I also thought about replacing Blaziken with scarfed Terrakion, and give my Genesect the Expert Belt. So I was wondering: Which is better for my team? Blaziken, or Terrakion?

No, but I want other boosts as well. Instead of just using it against SD Arceus, I can also use it against any other pokemon which want to try and set up too, like CM Giratina, or Quiver Dance Volcarona, because stuff like that can make a difference against victory and defeat. I also thought about replacing Blaziken with scarfed Terrakion, and give my Genesect the Expert Belt. So I was wondering: Which is better for my team? Blaziken, or Terrakion?
Problem is: how are they relevant? If an opponent catches that you are just trying to copy their boosts, they can just attack instead. Using Swords Dance instead means you can actually kill stuff. Volcarona doesn't even BOTHER setting up on Groudon fyi especially when Groudon can OHKO with Stone Edge.

I think it is a really good team. maybe one of the best. but my team is better. look at my thread. its called Rate the greatest pokemon team ever.

^The bro's just trolling, ignore him.
- I agree with FunLovin on Rock Polish, but Stealth Rock is another good move to consider over Psych Up.
- Try Protect/ Swords Dance > Hone Claws on Blaziken. Protect gives it a turn of living and a free turn of Speed Boost, while Swords Dance allows you to hit harder. Also, if you run Protect, you can hold a Life Orb instead of a Sash.

Yes, I agree waterwarrior, but I don't want any of my blaziken's moves missing either. Both the kicks are 90% accuracy, while Stone Edge is worse with 80%. Yes, that's the problem. If my Blaziken misses, that's possibly gonna cost it it's life. That's why I run Hone Claws over Swords Dance. Because of that exact reason: accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)