My Emerald Team

I like the strategic thought of the whole wi-fi battling thing so now I'm going to actually put thought into this round in emerald. Mainly because I get bored once I get to the battle frontier, and I always lose there. So here without furthur ado, here's my new emerald team.

Swampert: quiet(-spd +sp att)@ petaya berry
Ev:165 def, sp def, 178 hp. Tank/mixed sweeper
Surf
Earthquake
Endevour/ Ice beam
Rain Dance/ Rest

I struggled with making him either a mixed sweeper or a tank so I made him an offensive tank. I chose the petaya over lefties, because it activates the same time torrent does and I can throw in a rain dance a turn or two before. Amd because I'm a little obssessed with that ability. Endevour because I really want to hurt the opponent before I release my boosted surf, and vice versa.

Magneton: sassy(-spd, +sp def)@ apicot berry
EV: 252 sp def, 252 def, 4 sp att. Phy/spe wall
Metal sound
Thumderbolt
Thunder/Protect
Rain Dance/ Sandstorm

Since it doesn't really have any defensive moves, and the movepool is small, I might give it both thunder for the 100% accuracy in rain, and thunderbolt otherwise. Metal sound so both electric attacks do a lot of damage, and both rain dance for the thunder, and sandstorm because it resist it.

Cacturne: docile(= all around)@ Shell Bell/Bright Powder/Salac, Leichi, Petaya berries.
EV:165 attack, spe attack 178 speed. Mixed sweeper/semi-lead
Needle Arm
Faint Attack/Revenge
Spikes
Sandstorm

Cacturne is my replace ment for the shedinja that used to be in my party, and it was a hard-earned spot for it. Since it has pretty much the attack and special attack of a mixed sweeper that what I'm going to use it for. The speed is going to be greatly enhanced with its training. I'm hopeing it will be able to survive some attacks which is why I have so many items to choose from for it. And I chose revenge over faint attack for those pesky steel types, and tyranitar, if I decide to put him as a lead.

Castform: Bold(-att,+ def)@ lum berry
EV: 252 spe def, speed, 4 Hp
Weather inducing support, pseudo-lead
Rain Dance
Sandstorm
Weather Ball
Flamethrower

This is my main weather starter/ changer and my fake lead. I'm set on using castform, so I'm not changing him, and he's really what I based the previous 3 on. After he starts a weather I switch him out into someone who will benefit from it. Flamethrower is really for coverage.

Dusclops: Careful(-spe att, +spe def)@ leftovers
EV:252 def, spe def, 4hp
Physical,special wall
Mean look
Shadow Punch
Curse
Rest

Well pretty much the full on wall on this team. I chose curse over a status inducing move, because the battle will take less time, and I use to love that move.

Crobat: jolly(-sp att, +speed)@ shell bell/kings rock
EV:252 att, speed, 4hp
Wing attack/Fly/Aerial Ace
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Haze

My physical sweeper and hazer. Aggravating the hell out of my opponents with haze, after their multiple stat boosts. I'm either going ti use kings rock for the flinching bonus, or shell bell for the HP gain after the hard hits.

I love the idea of weather teams, so I mixed the two of my favorites together. These guys are mainly for the battle tower, and battle arena.
I can't trade with any other games so please don't suggest anything outside of emerald. But I am certainly open to anything for this team, even certain battle strategies of a specific pokèmon. Please Rate. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)