my first BW2 UU team (peaked#47)

Hello fellow smogonites, just thought I'd post my BW2 UU team. it's doing pretty good, but sometimes it just gets wrecked. It's peaked #86 with 1747 rating, and a 64-24 W/L record.

Gligar@Eviolite
Immunity
Impish, evs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spD
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
U-Turn
Roost

This thing is incredibly bulky. I've witnessed it survive Ice Punch from Azelf, Ice Beam from Swampert, and brush off almost every psychical attack then just roost off the damage. Stealth rock is there cuz every team needs rocks, Earthquake lets it fight and not just take hits, and U-Turn scouts.

Darmanitan@Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
Adamant, evs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
SuperPower
U-Turn

Darmanitan brings brute force to the team, usually being used as a battering ram, and is also part of the FWG core. Flare Blitz is insanely powerful, coming off of 140 base attack, sheer force, AND life orb. The other moves are obvious coverage, while U-Turn let's it scout.

Kingdra@Lum Berry
Swift Swim
Adamant, evs: 168 hp, 164 atk, 172 speed, 4 spD
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Outrage
Rest

Kingra is the set up sweeper of the team, and also the water of the FWG core. With stealth rock up, a few dragon dances allow Kingdra to rip holes in most teams. Rest lets it recover off damage, then being woke up by the lum berry, and Swift Swim lets it take advantage of rare opposing rain.

Roserade@Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid, evs: 252 spA, 252 speed, 4 hp
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Rest

Roserade is the grass type of the FWG core. Sleep Powder puts stuff to sleep, often giving Kingdra time to set up, or just crippling an opposing pokemon. Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb are its stab moves, and Rest recovers off damage, then wakes up once switched out.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
Careful, evs: 252 hp, 252 spD, 4 hp.
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
Whirlwind

Snorlax is the special wall of the team, taking most special attacks with the greatest of ease. Thick fat gives the team a reliable pokemon to switch in on fire and ice type moves. Body Slam cripples stuff alot, while doing surprisingly high damage. Whirlwind phases stuff out, and Rest and Sleep Talk let it recover and function while sleep.

Hitmontop@Muscle Band
Technician
Adamant, 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spD
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Bullet Punch
Close Combat

Technitop is an amazing revenge killer. Fake out deals plenty dmg on most stuff, then mach punch finishes them off. Muscle Band is the held item, because I found the LO recoil to be losing games for me. Bullet Punch is another priority move boosted by technician, and is there for frail ghosts, and mons that resist fighting, like Mismagius and Roserade. Close Combat is non priority stab move, for when I dont need priority.

Well....thats the team. Help is much appreciated

I would change Darmanitan item for a Choice one, preferable a Scarf. Why? SImply because the only move that ignores LO recoil is Flare Blitz, which already do recoil damage, this way (and with the absence of a Spinner in the team) makes Darmanitan not durable since even a scout with U-Turn will hurt him. Also every pokemon that can either hit first or survive a Flare Blitz WILL defeat him, so speed is crucial.

A personal preferance is in Kingdra trait: I don't like Swift Swim in a rain-less build, so I think Sniper could be better against ocasionals critical hits.

I think Imma try out Scarf Darmanitan out, but isnt the extra dmg from life orb worth it?

And I've faced 2 rain teams today, so idk about replacing swift swim with sniper. Its worth a test tho.

I think Imma try out Scarf Darmanitan out, but isnt the extra dmg from life orb worth it?

And I've faced 2 rain teams today, so idk about replacing swift swim with sniper. Its worth a test tho.
Kingdra comments isn't a help, only a preference I have. But without Spin support Darmanitan will not last long enough, trust me. Stealth Rocks is quite common in UU (damn you Bronzorg and Gligar) and you already use Flare Blitz quite often, which will depletes his HP a lot. I tested LO Darmanitan, and even doing amazing damages he was way more easier to counter because it would kill itself little by little. Also, many sweppers can easily outspeed Darmanitan, even without holding a Scarf. Give a try to the Scarf set.

I see. Kay im trying it out right now.

Edit: lost 4 battles in a row now, but i dont think its due to the changes.

Scarf Nidoking has the ability to 2HKO/OHKO every member of your team with the correct move bar and Hitmontop; the former can easily be taken care of by pretty much any physically offensive fighting type, while the latter only avoids the 2HKO if it lacks Sludge Wave, but only slightly, as Earth Power has an 87.5% chance to 2HKO. Kingdra can't switch in more than once, so I suggest Porygon2 over Snorlax. The set would be:

Porygon2@Eviolite
Trace
Bold Nature
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtk
Tri Attack
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

This is still a great special tank, and can easily wall many special attackers. Plus, it brings some special offense to your team, which is nice. Hope I helped, and feel free to tweak/reject/accept P2.

Scarf Nidoking has the ability to 2HKO/OHKO every member of your team with the correct move bar and Hitmontop; the former can easily be taken care of by pretty much any physically offensive fighting type, while the latter only avoids the 2HKO if it lacks Sludge Wave, but only slightly, as Earth Power has an 87.5% chance to 2HKO. Kingdra can't switch in more than once, so I suggest Porygon2 over Snorlax. The set would be:

Porygon2@Eviolite
Trace
Bold Nature
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtk
Tri Attack
Discharge/Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

This is still a great special tank, and can easily wall many special attackers. Plus, it brings some special offense to your team, which is nice. Hope I helped, and feel free to tweak/reject/accept P2.
I see. I'll test it out, tyvm.

Oh darmanitan is now holding a scarf btw

Hey, this looks like a pretty solid team but i have one little nitpick. That being the lum berry on kingdra, I hate how it can be used up by confusion, burns or so. You can already absorb status with rest, so use the Chesto berry instead to get rid of sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)