1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My first lc team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Tuter King, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Tuter King

Tuter King

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hello smogon. This is my first rmt for little cup, my new favorite tier! At this time, I am doing fairy well with 13 wins and 1 loss in my currert alt. With that being said, I feel that my team needs some adjustments to improve it. I am open to different ideas to enhance my current team. So here's my team.

[​IMG]

Dwebble @ Oran Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    Level: 5
    EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Rock Blast
    - Earthquake

The main idea of Dwebble is to setup hazards, however, this is not always the case. Dwebble is my go-to lead unless the sitation dectates something else. With sturdy and an oran berry Dwebble can set up both stealth rock and a layer of spikes with ease, but this is not my only use for dwebble. I also use it to check some common threats in little cup. I use rock blast to deal with murckrow, abra, and snover. This allows me to take them out with just one use without the fear of a sub or a focus sash. Earthquakes is used to round up the set to cover other common threats that rock blast does not hit, mostly steel/poison. This is how I use Dwebble both as a setter and also as an offenisve threat.

[​IMG]
    Shellder @ Eviolite
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 40 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Hydro Pump

The next Pokemon I use on my team is shellder. This little guy can be a beast by sweeping an entire team with just one shell smash. I like using shellder over other shell smashers because of skill link. With skill link it does 125 damage with both icicle spear and rock blast. Like dwebbles rock blast, shellder is able to take out pokemon hiding behind subs and sturdy and focus sash users. Its final move is hydro pump. I use this over razor shell to beat threats that have physical bulk. Even with out shell smash, shellder still can take out many Pokemon and is a great addition to my team.

[​IMG]
    Misdreavus @ Eviolite
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 32 Def / 240 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

After shellder, there is Misdreavus. This pokemon at times can be a real force to be reckoned with. With only one nasty plot Misdreavus can take out a lot of the meta game as long as there not to bulky. It can check many of its threats with Will-O-Wisp cripling many of the physical attackers. I use thunderbolt over HP fighitng in order to take out both water and flying types, mainly murkrow. Misdreavus can take out 2-3 Pokemon, if not more, making it a nice addtion to the team.

[​IMG]
    Porygon @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Recover

The next Pokemon I have is the great wall, porygon. This duck has one of the best ability imo, trace. This ability copies any enemys ability giving it some of the best abilities in little cup. Trace is nice for when people forget about it. People will sometimes waist there turn because they forget about trace, such as useing earthquake when it has levitate. Porygon's normal typeing works well with abra and misdreavus to absorb shadow ball with out taking any dammage and giving it a free switch in. Tri attack is my go to stab attack dealing a decent amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Next, shadow ball is to take out all the ghost and psychic Pokemon. One of porygons key moves is thunder wave. With this it cripples many sweepers that rely on there speed to win a battle such as snover, abra, scrafty, etc. This allows the rest of my team to do it's thing with out worry. Finaly the Last move I use is recover so I can last longer in a battle with it. All together this makes porygon a good wall with a bit of power to back it up.

[​IMG]
    Abra @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 240 SAtk / 68 SDef / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Energy Ball

Abra is my trusty revenge killer. When a Pokemon is almost dead I use abra to kill it easily with just a psychic or whatever move the oppenet is weak to. Magic gaurd plus focus sash allows me to get off at least one hit allowing for abra to do this. To face fake out I switch to misdreavus. The main attack I use is Psychic because its stabed and has netural coverage. Next, shadow ball is to defeat ghost type and other psychic Pokemon. HP fighting is used to kill porygon and other pokemon weak to fighting. Finally, energy ball rounds up the coverage to take out drilbur and ground/water pokemon making it a great fit for my team.

[​IMG]
    Axew @ Eviolite
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 220 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Dual Chop
    - Aqua Tail

My final Pokemon is the one I have the most mixed feelings with, Axew. On one hand I absolutely love Axew! It is a great late game sweeper and has saved my butt countless times against defensive boosting pokemon. With dragon dance, Axew can become really fast and strong with just a few boosts and has the ability to sweep an entire team easily. Outrage is an amazing stab attack and I have dual chop to take out abra or when I do not want to be locked into outrage. Aqua tail is for coverage, taking out rock/steel Pokemon that axew would wall Axew. Normally I save axew as my very last Pokemon to use. This allows Axew to save the game. This comes with the issue of Axew; I never seem to use him in battles. I only use Axew in half of my battles because the rest of my team does so well. Half the time I use Axew as a sacrifice so I can get a free switch in. For this reason I love hate axew and is the Pokemon I am most likely to get rid of.

Issues with the team:

Looking at my team I can see I have some issues with it. One is that I lack a way to defeat ferroseed other than sacrificing abra which I hate doing on a Pokemon that is just a hazard user. I probably need a fire move but I do not know where I would fit it in.

The next issue I have with my team is defensive boosters such as a stockpile lileep. The only thing I really can use on them is axew and normally only barely able to beat them. Also lileep in genral is a pain for my team.

Import/Export
    Code:
    Dwebble @ Oran Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Rock Blast
    - Earthquake

Shellder @ Eviolite
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 40 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Hydro Pump

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 32 Def / 240 SAtk / 236 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Porygon @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Recover

Axew @ Eviolite
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 220 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Dual Chop
    - Aqua Tail

Abra @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 240 SAtk / 68 SDef / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Energy Ball

So that is my team. Feel free to suggest anything you want, any help is wanted. I would, although, love to get suggestions on what to do with axew. I just am not sure if I should keep it on my team or replace it with another Pokemon, I was thinking maybe snover but I really have no clue. Anyways thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my awesome team in this awesome tier I now have fallen in love with.

Here are some of the replays I saved:
    A normal match I am in

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-42786891
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-44005977 *comments at the end were there because it was my first time being over 2000 rank.

Reason I sometimes absolutely love axew.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-43064146

This one shows what I mean by the stockpile issue.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-43477762

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)