ORAS OU My First OU Team Build

So I am very new to competitive team building so I took a shot at what I thought would be a somewhat effective team. I know there are holes that need to be addressed so whatever input you guys could give I would greatly appreciate.

*The only stipulation I have is that I want to use Sylveon, other than that any other Poke is fair game to replace with others*

The Zelda Brawlers

Darunia
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch

- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

- Dragon Dance

So I mainly picked Mega Tyranitar because he is a super hard hitter and if I get a Dragon Dance off he can sweep a lot of pokemon. I have Rock Slide for STAB and Ice Beam for coverage. Full Atk and Spe so he hits fast and hard.

Great Deku
Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp

I have always like Trevenant and I noticed that he had some decent Def and a nice moveset for recovery/annoyance. So I have both Horn Leech and Drain Punch for some HP stealing damage and Will-O-Wisp because the burn is always nice. Leech Seed for some extra HP stealing.

Zelda

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

I LOVE SYLVEON. This pokemon has saved me so many times when I was trying out this team. I love how well it takes hits but also knocks down fighting types without breaking a sweat. Heal Bell is a life saver for the team and Wish/Protect lets me last a while and deal out some good damage with Hyper Voice

Eldin
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

I like Hydreigon as a Special Sweeper and because he looks awesome tbh. I went with Life Orb over Choice Scarf because I don't like to be locked into one move. Added Roost to keep him out longer and wreak havoc. Flash Cannon for coverage (mainly to surprise Clefable).

Dodongo

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Mainly here to set up Toxic and Stealth Rock. Taunt is nice to stop Clefable and Lava Plume does some decent damage to a good amount of pokemon.

Hilda

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

I love Hilda the Spinner. Mainly added for coverage and to spin away stealth rocks. Psyshock does some decent damage and it's nice to get the burn off with Scald. Recover just to heal if there's a chance to.

Last edited:

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hey interesting team you got here, here are some threats I could notice.

This thing completely destroys you, it does so much damage towards everything and can get a kill every time it comes in. This team is also weak to bird spam in general.

Although you have a tyranitar, surf/psyshock/draco latios also can do major damage if they have stealth rock up. Sylveon isn't really that good of a switchin since if it takes any prior damage (from hazards) it's guranteed 2hko'd.

I see that the way you were trying to build this team was to win with mega tar, so I won't change that.

First thing I'd recommend changing is ice beam > ice punch on mega ttar. Ice Punch hits a lot harder if you get a boost up, and its something you could use vs mega lopunny if you happen to get to +2.

-->
The next thing I would change is making the sylveon a clefable. This fixes up the lati problem and can somewhat handle specs keldeo if they are locked into scald, but this really shouldn't be your specs keld switchin, since theres a starmie. I suggest using flamethrower as a scizor lure, as they might try to sd on it.

-->
Getting rid of sylveon does open up a manaphy problem. Latios over hydreigon could provide a lot of benefits. For one it can check manaphy which is a huge threat to mega ttar, and it also prevents it from setting up. While lati can't switchin to ice beam from manaphy, it kills with draco after a little bit of damage, usually taken from stealth rock. Latios can also check mega pinsir if it hasn't setup +2.

-->
So when i was thinking of threats to ttar i thought of breloom. I saw you had a trevenant but I thought that amoonguss might be a better slot here. Thanks to regen it can always switchin to loom and not have to worry about hp. Another thing it can do is prevent clefable from setting up. Although clef isn't that big of a threat with heatran it's not bad to have a secondary clef measure. It also provides utility in spore.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Feel free to reply if you think i said something wrong.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)