1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My First OU Team - Please Rate It - Containing 3 OU, 2 NU, and a BL

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TheStriker, Jun 11, 2012.

1. TheStriker

TheStriker

[​IMG]
    Ninjask @ SilverPowder
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+Speed,-Special Attack)
    -Substitute
    -X-Scissors
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass

Ninjask has a whopping base 160 speed and its acces to baton pass made me choose this. In D/P it was awesome in OU and now I believe NU is a big fall. Its is my lead because it has a x4 weakness to stealth rock so its best if I avoid that. Subsitute will stall, but in cost of HP. Now my in-general dscription: This is my baton passer. Speed Boost gives extra speed and substitute to get extra speed. Swords Dance + X-Scissors + SilverPowder will make a great attack.

[​IMG]
    Staraptor @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant (+Attack,-Special Attack)
    -Brave Bird
    -Close Combat
    -Roost
    -U-Turn

Staraptor probably fell to the Border Line because of its defenses. I realized that so I said we need to OHKO everything. Here is it now: Staraptor receives the boost from Ninjask and Life Orb adds more attack above the sword dance boost and and Ninjask's ability gave speed for physical sweeping. roost to heal from the recoil and Close Combat takes out Ice and Steel. U-Turn for switch outs.

[​IMG]
    Cloyster @ NeverMeltIce
    Ability: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Attack / 124 Speed / 128 Defense
    Nature: Adamant(+Attack, -Special Attack)
    -Icicle Spear
    -Shell Smash
    -Razor Shell
    -Spikes

Cloyster has an epic 180 base defense. Skill Link + Shell Smash + STAB + 125 Base Power + 20% Boost is something you all know. Spikes as late entry hazard if Cloyster has a chance. Razor Shell for fire-types and might get past ice types. Most OU Dragons fall with is awesome. Shell Smash lowers Defense which is crazy high so it doesn't matter and its Sp Defense is crazy low so it doesn't matter either. Some sets use White Herb which I think is useless, so why not get an extra 20% boost?

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense
    Nature: Modest(+Special Attack,-Attack)
    -Thunder Wave
    -Flash Cannon
    -Charge Beam
    -Thunder

Charge Beam boosts Magnezone's 130 Sp Attack to even higher levels and Thunder and Flash Cannon recieves STAB. Thunder Wave annoys steels while Ferrothorn can't attack well if I switch in to Magnezone. Rocky Helmet is a replacement Iron Barbs to have a similiar value compared to Ferrothorn. Magnezone is my Mixed Wall and Special Sweeper.

[​IMG]
    Hydreigon @ Dragon Fang
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
    Nature: Naive(+Speed,-Special Defense)
    -Fire Blast
    -Outrage
    -Draco Meteor
    -Stone Edge

I need help with this one. Can you give me other dragon type suggestion that are not part flying-type because hail team will own me. Hydreigon would be my un-set-up Special Sweeper on my team if I kept it. No legendaries! If your request or suggestion is a Dragon/Flying or Dragon/(something weak to ice), give me a new suggestion for staraptor, so I don't get owned by ice types and hail teams.

[​IMG]
    Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
    Nature: Adamant(+Attack,-Special Attack)
    -Wild Charge
    -Brick Break
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch

Eelektross is my favorite pokemon. Don't ask about switching it. With physical attacks, Eelektross can counter a lot of pokemon. Expert Belt adds to that. Eelektross has no weaknesses which means its only threat are set-up sweepers. As my filler and revenge killer it can hit super effective on almost 2/3 of the types because of its wide move typing.

I hope you like this thread. Suggestions for Hydreigon PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  2. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

PM me with increased descriptions and this thread will get unlocked. Check out the RMT Archive to see what we look for.
  3. badzx

badzx

tips

latios might work for hydreigon, i dont care if its a legendary, its one of the best specail atackers in OU
    i will vs you when you have time if you wish to and reflect on your team, in competive play dont put any restrictions like "no legends" as this just holds you back, and latios is the second fastest drag type, only loseing to dragon arceus.

and no offence but their are many more better options then electross like dragonite ( hail teams arnt seen in ou at all and thats why you pack a ice counter like a vaporeon or cresselia)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)