- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Golem
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

I'm new to Smogon, but I have played pokemon since the beginning. THis is my first try at a RBY team, which was my favorite of the generations. Just going through the OU tier, I know I have problems with Starmie and Tauros, to a lesser extent Chansey. THe only reason Charizard is there is that I kinda like him. That would be the one that I would be most likely to replace. Also, I would like help deciding between the options I listed. Lastly, I would like to add that I would like to be able to use the team on cartridge, and I have access to to packs so multiple TMs isn't a problem though. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Golem looks fine. That's about all it can do. Body Slam whenever you expect switches, in hopes of paralyzing the incoming Exeggutor/Starmie/whatever.

Lapras, I would like to see Blizzard over Ice Beam. You have plenty of PP with Body Slam and Thunderbolt at your disposal, so you can afford to pack the extra punch I think.

I've ALWAYS preferred the double powder on Exeggutor.

Charizard looks fine. If you're REALLY worried about your "problems" with Starmie/Tauros you could add something like Alakazam, which typically neutralizes Starmie, or can be saved to prevent a late-game sweep by tauros. simply leave it on your bench the whole match, using gengar/eggy/golem to combat the tauros and slowly weaken it, and then unleash Kazam at the end. Plus, with SLOWWWW pokemon like Snorlax/Exeggutor/Lapras/Golem, you're gonna need a speed demon, and while Charizard is fast (298), he's no where near what you need in that slot.

Gengar is alright. I was honestly never a fan of it in rby. I'd SUPPOSE Psychic could be useful, for special drops or whatever. Confuse Ray could also be fun. Gengar is really only useful for sleeping someone/eating some hyper beams/exploding. Don't expect it to do too much offensively. Seismic Toss could provide consistent/guaranteed damage, as well.

snorlax is fine. i've always been a fan of earthquake over surf. surf is 4x against golem/rhydon, sure. BUT, it does jack to gengar. I'd rather be able to handle both fairly well than only one really well. that's just me though.

A good team. Just a bunch of standards. RBY all comes down to instinct, creativity in predictions, and luck. Most people know the standards. But not everyone knows how to creatively and strategically switch pokemon around to confuse opponents. And not everyone gets the luck necessary at times. Oh well. good luck.

Why don't you use a Starmie as a lead? That will help you OHKO/2HKO alot of pokes, especially common Gengar leads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)