My first RMT (5th gen OU)

Hello Smogon. Not only is this my first RMT, this is also my first post ever on this website! I started battling with simulators for a small while now, and after failing horribly with 4th gen, I tried 5th gen with quite a bit of success (probably due to the fact Garchomp and Latias/ Latios aren't banned yet).

At a glance

Team breakdown

Gliscor (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

This is a standard lead set. I made she a female because of the abundance of lead female Pokes with attract. My plan is simple, setup stealth rock, but if I suspect an ice attack, I use U-turn to avoid it, and because of Gliscor's high speed, (317) I can switch out safely. Unfortunately, roost and stealth rock are illegal with poison heal. =/

Heatran (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

I chose Heatran because... well I forget. It's probably I needed a steel type. Anyways, I chose flamethrower over fire blast because I prefer reliability than power. The balloon has saved my Heatran on many occasions against players who aren't paying attention :toast:. I had an extra slot, so I decided to put roar.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SDef / 32 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave (formerly Body Slam)

- Wish

This is just the standard wish support 'Rachi. Also my scout, because of U-turn. Also provides steel typing to my team. I changed body slam to t-wave because I preferred the 100% paralysis rate over the ability to paralyze ground types. (See below for it's old moveset)

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail
- Bounce (formerly Taunt)

- Dragon Dance

Uses the bulky DD EV spread with my own moveset. I replaced bounce with taunt 'cause I didn't use it much, plus bounce gives me a free turn of leftovers recovery. With dragon tail, I can phaze out opponents, and actually hurts the opponent.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick

My revenge killer. Has Boltbeam to provide coverage. Once again, I prefer reliability over power so that's why there's dragon pulse instead of Draco Meteor. I have trick to screw up stallers.

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin (formerly Sand Veil)

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

The star of my team. He dies pretty quickly though, mainly because of Life Orb and Outrage confusion, but takes down quite a few Pokes along with him. I'm willing to change it to a lum berry so he doesn't die so quickly (from status conditions) and lets me go for two rounds of outrage. Changed Sand Veil to Rough Skin because of the lack of Ttar.

Former members

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psycho Shock
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Wish

This isn't really a former member, but a former moveset, I guess. This set gets walled by Krookodile/ Warubiaru, and my newer set is much better.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Just wasn't very reliable, and I mostly never could get up more than one layer of spikes, and although it has some important resistances, it was too slow (68 speed) to do anything, even blowing up.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick

I just preferred the the bulkiness of Latias over the power of Latios. Also changed Modest to Timid to outrun more things.

Team building process

I knew I wanted Garchomp.

I also knew I wanted Nattorei, to setup entry hazards, and he covered Garchomp's weakness.

Now I wanted a bulky water. I considered Vaporeon, beacuse of wish support, but this team was meant to be more of a bulky offence than a stall team, so I opted for Gyara, whose weakness are covered by both Garchomp and Nattorei. Gyara also covers Nattorei's weakness to fighting.

Now a revenge killer: Latios

Now I wanted a wish passer, so I chose Jirachi, who also provides some more steel typing.

To finish off, I chose Heatran because he resisted at least one weakness from ALL of my Pokémon. Plus, all of my Pokémons weaknesses are covered by at least two other Pokémon.

Then I changed Latios to Latias for more bulk, and Natorrei to Gliscor because it was just better, at least imo. Unfortunatly, I can no longer boast about having all my weakness being resisted twice, but at least most of them are, with the exception of Dark and Ghost, but only Latias is weak to them anyways. I also have every type resisted at least twice, except for Ghost and Dark. I also have only one stealth rock weakness, and one toxic spikes weakness, which can be easily solved if I decide to run a lum berry on Garchomp.

Conclusion

Well, I hope you have enjoyed reading this and remember to rate my team. Credit for the awesome pictures goes to Arkeis.

Pretty good for my first RMT, eh? =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)