-My First RMT- (5th Gen)

Introduction:
This is my first Rate My Team. I played a little bit of competitive battling back in the 4th generation but stopped after awhile. I'm coming back in 5th gen, and I dont know what all has been nerfed/changed/etc. I would like feedback/tips on how to improve my team. Changes will be in Red, Old Pokemon will be in Grey.

At A Glance:

The Team:

Hippowdon@ Leftovers
Impish
Sand Stream
252HP 252Def 4SpD
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slackoff

I use this lead to set up Sand Storm for later pokemon, and to do a little bit of damage each turn. He isnt the greatest, but he works for what he does, except against Taunters. Roar is for scouting. Slackoff is for recovering health, and the rest are common sense.

Doryuuzu@ Life Orb
Adamant
Sand Throw
252Att 4HP 252Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
This is where most of the sweeping comes into play. Thanks to Hippowdons ability, this guy gets a speed boost. I can SD just to do even more damage. The X-Scissor is mostly just for coverage. I just love the speed that he gets, and being able to sweep quite a few things.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Impish
Sturdy
252HP 240SpD 16Spe
Whirlwind
Spikes
Toxic
Free Fall

Blaziken@ Life Orb
Adamant
Speed Boost
4HP 252Att 252Spe
Hi Jump Kick
Protect
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
Again, a filler pokemon. This guy is a beast no doubt, especially with the new speed bost ability he gets. I can easily Protect when he's out to get a free speed boost. Hit, then protect again. Moves are for coverage. He probably needs to be replaced also.

Garchomp@ Yache Berry
Jolly
Sand Veil
4HP 252Att 252Spe
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Swords Dance
Earthquake
What can I say.. This guy WRECKS teams. With Yache Berry, when someone tries to Ice Beam me, I usually survive thanks to it. I considered his dream world ability rough skin, but after realising Sand Veil has saved me so many times, I'm gonna keep that. I can Swords Dance and then continue to wreck even MORE Havoc than he's already caused.

Jellicent@ Leftovers
Calm
Water Absorb
252HP 172Def 84Spe
Boiling Water
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Taunt
I havent had the chance to use him just yet. More info soon.

Well, that was my team. I really do need pointers and I'm aware it isnt the best. Leave feedback&Suggestions?

Trashcan.! :'(

Tyranitar@ Expert Belt
Sassy
Sand Stream
160Att 102Def 26SpA 220SpD
Crunch
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Earthquake
This is mostly a filler pokemon, I don't like him to much, and I need a special sweeper. I need to change him out for something. Suggestions?

Suicune@ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
252HP 252 Def 4SpDef
Calm Mind
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
I use this pokemon because he's just a beast. I Calm Mind a few times, Rest, and then sleep talk until I'm awake again to Surf. This pokemon can put quite a dent in things.

You have horrible type synergy. Four pokemon are weak to Water. Three pokemon are weak to Grass. You have no Fighting or Dragon resists (aside from Excadrill but you're not switching him into Draco Meteors). Honestly after Hippowdon bites it a Scrafty or Conkeldurr can use Bulk Up and just Drain Punch your entire team easily. I should know I've done it countless times to similar teams. Tyranitar isn't necessary when you have Hippowdon. A Skarmory with Spikes and Whirlwind will help a lot more in the passive damage department to soften up the enemy team for a late game Blaziken sweep. Give it Toxic, Freefall, Spikes and Whirlwind it's amazing. Also, Suicune totally loses out to Water Absorb Jellicent and Vaporeon. Use a Specs or Scarf Starmie for a special attacker/revenge killer.

Help me a little bit more, Jaroda?
What all should I replace.?

Ttar with Skarmory, Suicune with....?

anything else?

Also, could you provide me with movesets?

The biggest thing you can do to help yourself is go to the Dragonspiral Tower board and read up on the current metagame and battle more. You can tell you're inexperienced when you don't mention hwo your team handles the current threats as well as mention what your team would have trouble with. I gave you a Skarmory set to try out in place of Tyranitar. Why not tell me what a good special attacker to replace Suicune would be? I could just outright tell you but I'm trying to spark some independant thinking.

I had a scarfed gengar as my SpAttacker, but he dies pretty easily.
Before this team, I led with trick jirachi..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)