1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My first RMT is a double header (1960 ACRE)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by GULLY, Jul 11, 2013.

1. GULLY

GULLY

(Tell me if this is cool to do with two teams before you try to lock anything, as this takes a lot of work.)
    When I decided to do a RMT I only expected to have one team, but after coming upon an underrated threat in Tornadus, this had to be a double. The first team you'll be seeing is a super balanced team that looks to set up with SD Sub Cobalion, which succeeds alot. The second is more offensive that looks to utilize Tornadus's late game potential in using the Prankster Tailwind. Let's get it... Oh Yeah and I got to 1960 with these two teams, and I aint done yet =).
    Showdown!.png
    OVERVIEW TEAM #1
    This team uses synergy to its advantage to hopefully outlast the opponent. It also checks most of the current metagame.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ZapdosNormalSprite.gif
    Zapdos@Leftovers
    Pressure
    240 Spd / 96 HP / 172 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Roost
    - Substitute
    Zapdos is one of the most useful members of this team. I started out with this guy because I knew I wanted to use Cobalion, the two are great partners. It takes ground and fighting moves for Colbalion as well as takes on physical walls that he hates like Cofagrigus and Slowbro. Speed EVs to outspeed max + natured base 85's rest just spread to Sp.Atk and HP. Im not sure if this is the ideal spread for Dos but it has worked well, its hard to find this thing being ohko'd by unboosted moves, even if they're SE.
    638_cobalion_front_norm.png
    Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Justified
    252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Head
    - Substitute
    All the comparison this gets to Lucario is well deserved. I actually think that this is more useful in its respective metagame than its cousin. With special walls like Umbreon and Porygon2 (Which my teams kinda baits out) running about a sweeper like this comes very handy. I come in on a expected resisted hit, which happens alot since the Steel/Fighting typing and proceed to set up. Sub comes in to play alot of times with checks that this things face, most notably Defensive Cofagrigus (without Haze) and Hitmontop. I've tried Life orb here but with the way that I play Cobalion is also used as a defensive pivot so leftovers is needed for longevity.
    Spr_4p_221_m.png
    Piloswine @ Eviolite
    Thick Fat
    156 Atk / 252 HP / 100 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    Fuck electric types. Without this on my team sets like Sub CM Raikou would eat my team alive. It sets up rocks, has priority, resists the popular bolt-beam combo, and has a crazy surprise factor. I can't count how many chandelures or victinis I've killed thin they would be able to 1 shot me. This thing is either saced early to gain momentum if they don't have electric types or keep to try to keep electrics at bay. I dont use calcs so again I don't know if I can use a more ideal EV spread. This is usually the lead.
    581678_123962291121441_555864945_n.jpg
    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    248 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Toxic
    The main defensive pivot for this team. It takes on Fire and Fighting types so beautifully, Statues things, and overall just doesn't die. If you were to take this out of my team things DD Kingra would be super threats. This easily patches up weaknesses that I have and often picks up unexpected kills, especially on Roserade's who don't know that Psyshock is a thing. I probably wouldn't have added to this to my team if I wasn't using Piloswine because I hate Electrics so much.
    492.png
    Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
    Natural Cure
    252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Air Slash
    - Aromatherapy
    I originally had this as specs and I might just changed it back to ensure kills on CM Suicune, another huge threat to my team. Even with this Cune can still sweep my teams since pressure makes me only have 4 seed flares against it. I had Meoletta here before and this does pretty much the same job, revenge things and take hits. But what separates this from Meloetta is the fact that it partners very nicely with my Banded Swampert as well as takes status that my team hates.
    1364419876241.png
    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Torrent
    212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Protect
    - Waterfall
    Pert does alot for this team. No one really expects a Band when they see a Swampert. I can send this in early game and click either EQ or Waterfall and get good damage on something, and usually bait out something that the rest of my team can kill easily, Hi Blastoise. I also find my self switching this thing in a lot to take attacks because of it great bulk and defensive typing. Even if this doesn't get a kill, which it usually does it will pretty much always be able to put in good enough dmage for the rest of my team to clean up. Quite the team player.
    Conclusion:
    This team has very good strengths and very big weaknesses. This team can effectively take on most standard teams one will see in UU, Balance and Offense have a pretty hard time against it in my opinion. The biggest problem I have foud is that this team hates stall like crazy. I dont really know how to fix this without fucking up its synergy, which I think is what this team really has
    going for it.
    Importable
    Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 240 Spd / 96 HP / 172 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Roost
    - Substitute
    Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Head
    - Substitute
    Piloswine @ Eviolite
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 156 Atk / 252 HP / 100 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Toxic
    Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Air Slash
    - Aromatherapy
    Swampert @ Choice Band
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Protect
    - Waterfall
  2. GULLY

GULLY

TEAM #2 OVERVIEW(I'm starting to regret typing this)
    This Team is much more offensively based, using wall breakers early game, and those same wall breakers to sweep late game using tailwind to double their speed.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    641.png
    Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
    Prankster
    248 Spd / 252 Atk / 8 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Bulk Up
    - Superpower
    - Tailwind
    The star of this team for sure. Tailwind give a +2 everything and really comes in hand late game with prankster as it pretty much guarantees that Torndaus will be able to use it. I choose to use a variation of the standard bulk-up set because there isn't a move that I can see replacing it with, also Tornadus can get up a +1 sometimes and be able to hit even harder. EVs are beacuse I pretty sure that odd HP numbers let Tornadus be able to take more switch in with Stealth Rocks on the field, which isn't normally a situation since I run foresight Hitmontop, so I might change it. I usually don't bring this in if I can avoid it because it is that good late game, it really good to have this at full health so it can do more than just Tailwind.
    479-heat.png
    Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
    Levitate
    252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    This thing is best friends with both Shaymin and Tornadus, I also try to preserve this late game because of its offensive typing. It usually has the attack to take at least 1 pokemon. If I'm not using it late game I use it to wall-break as most do. I don't really have much to say about this.
    143.png
    Snorlax @ Choice Band
    Thick Fat
    252 Atk / 8 Spd / 136 Def / 112 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Sleep Talk
    Snorlax is very important to this team, it serves as a trapper, a wall, and a wall breaker. It has the most beautiful synergy with Gligar, which baits out ice type moves for Snorlax to eat up and hits back with power that 2hkoes most of the metagame. I end up trapping most special attackers Returning when even I can. I opted out of fire punch or crunch because I've never found a situation that I've needed it. I took sleep talk for the last spot instead since I don't want one of my pokemon fully out of my commission if its avoidable, so this is my sleep fodder. Very Versatile.
    207.png
    Gligar @ Eviolite
    Immunity
    252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake/U-Turn
    - Toxic
    - Roost
    Many people say that Gligar is bad but I dont understand, It walls the fuck out of Mienshao and Heracross two of the biggest threats in this metagame. While many people are starting Mienshao with HP Ice, I can just start running more Sp.Def in order to take less from it. I wasn't trying to be creative with this set as I really just need it to do what it does, wall, set up rocks, and Toxic.
    E3zCE.png
    Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Rapid Spin
    - Foresight
    - Stone Edge
    Hitmontop is really really nice on this team, it allows my team to not be completely walled by
    Umbreon or Porygon 2, and almost guarantees a spin if I don't play dumb (it has happened before) with foresight. All the pokes on my team I have hate hazards so its nice to have such a reliable spinner. This is my secondary switch to physical attacks as well as a fodder after rocks are
    gone for good.
    492.png
    Shaymin @ Choice Specs
    Natural Cure
    252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Seed Flare
    - Rest
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    As I mentioned before this has very nice offensive offensive synergy with Rotom. In battles teams will usually have a weakness to one of the two which lets me focus on exploiting that weakness for the rest of the game. This ends up being used early game and doesn't see the late game alot because it can do so much early game and puts a dent in everything which I need to be able to pull off a late game sweep with Tornadus.
    Conclusion:
    As of right now I like this team more than the other first, I can take momentum very quickly and be able to hold it, which means the win usually. The first can get haxed easier since it relies on defensive synergy moreso rather than getting in ones face. This team also doesn't appreciate stall, but this tam ca over come that weakness much easier with sheer power. I decided to not use and scarfers on this teams because I found that none really threaten me. That and along with the fact that i have tailwind give me the liberty to choose power of over speed.
    Remember this is my first RMT so mistakes were made, but I am very eager to learn and suggestions of any kind are welcome. Thank you if you actually read both teams.
    Importable
    Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 248 Spd / 252 Atk / 8 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Bulk Up
    - Superpower
    - Tailwind
    Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Snorlax @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Spd / 136 Def / 112 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Sleep Talk
    Gligar @ Eviolite
    Trait: Immunity
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Roost
    Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Rapid Spin
    - Foresight
    - Stone Edge
    Shaymin @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Seed Flare
    - Rest
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
  3. Moose V

Moose V

Don't worry, two teams is fine.

I think I've played against that first team actually and I have a few suggestions
    1) I'd get rid of protect on swampert. Once an opponent figures out that swampert is banded (pretty much after one hit), protect just becomes a wasted moveslot. I'd consider giving it something like ice punch to smack grass types.
    2) I think you had hp ice on shaymin before but I'd change it to 0 atk 31 def
    3)I like the idea of pilo in UU.
    4) Why does Cobalion have 30 SpA IVs? Doesn't matter really just curious

Second Team:
    1) Why 248 speed EVs on tornadus? I wouldn't give it any HP EVs as it puts it at a stealth rocks number.
    2) I suggest sucker punch of stone edge for couple reasons. 1-chandelure which foresight doesn't help against much 2-Would give your team a form of priority 3-Stone edge is VERY unreliable and misses could really cost you in certain situations.
    3) I'd replace air slash with rest on shaymin.
    4) You might want to consider giving gligar u-turn. It would help compliment rotom's volt switch (gligar likes to come in on a lot of rotom switch-ins) and keep the momentum going in your favor. I find that a lot of the time I use gligar, once SR are up and gligar's most common switch-in is toxic-ed, he doesn't have a lot to do other than take hits. That's were u-turn comes in.

I think I like the second team more than the first. It seems pretty threatening and i can imagine it puts a lot of offensive pressure on your opponent. Congrats on the acre!
  4. iliekmudkipz123456789

iliekmudkipz123456789

Your first team looks pretty weak to Shaymin. To patch that up, try replacing Cobalion with a snorlax to wall hits from shaymin. For your second team, you should change specs rotom to scarf rotom since u need a scarfer. Otherwise your team is pretty good. :]
  5. GULLY

GULLY

1st Team
    1) I should have explained some of my set choice on my pokes. For swampert with protect, it is my only bet against riolu teams. I know thats gimmicky but I don't like losing to bullshit. EQ takes care of Roserade and for Shaymin I usually double into Zapdos.
    4) I think I had a diff team completely before and the IVs the last poke were left, he actually had 30 atk and 30 spd IVs until I posted this haha.
    2nd Team
    2) With Hitmontop I like to avoid getting drop withs CC if all possible and since Stone Edge doesnt rely on someone attacking Im going to keep it. Chandelure has nevr been a prob for me since have Snorlax.
    4) I do like the idea of U-turn I never really earthquake with my gligar.
  6. Kitten Milk

Kitten Milk youth running out
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

I don't understand how protect on bandpert saves you from Riolu. If you're stuck protecting, the opponent will either just roar to start the chain again or switch out, giving him free turns.
  7. GULLY

GULLY

Personal experience, people have quit after my Swampert uses protect. I can change it for the sake of other players though.
  8. Moose V

Moose V

I'd say Zapdos is a pretty solid shaymin counter so I kinda disagree with this. Also cobalion can set up on shaymin if its the right set (subseed) and outspeeds it as well. His own shaymin can also take a hit and outspeed to retaliate + he has a super effective priority move on pilo.

Also, you absolutely do not need a scarfer in UU. Almost all the teams that put me high on the ladder, including the team that put me at #1, didn't use scarfers. I'd say if he had a huge scarf heracross weakness, having a scarf rotom might be necessary but the team seems like it can handle hera pretty well so you don't really need the scarf to shut it down.
  9. GULLY

GULLY

not a bump, i had to see if my keyboard was working

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)