1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My first RMT (ParaFlinch Team)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by zzyzx, Nov 26, 2010.

1. zzyzx

zzyzx

Hello Smogon, I've been a long time lurker and recently decided to give competitive Pokemon a try. I've been playing with this team extensively on PO the last few days and have done decently well. As the name suggests, it's designed to be as annoying as possible. The areas where I need the most help is deciding support Pokemon for the three parahaxers and the correct EV Spreads for the current team.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multi-Scale
    EVs: 255 HP / 124 Def / 128 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Dragon Tail
    - Roost

Comment: My favorite Pokemon and one of the most interesting sets I could think of. This serves as my paralysis inflicter, p-hazer, and revenge killer all in one. The primary role however is to spread as much paralysis as possible so my paraflinchers can go straight to work. The downside is that this is weak to suicide leads (entry hazards will be placed), but my team is relatively resistant to SR and toxic spikes especially. especially. Also, early sleepers are a problem since I have no speed EVs. However, this does extremely well against attack leads. For example:

1. Attack lead uses ice beam/ice punch/stone edge; Dragonite lives with >50% health thanks to multiscale,
    2. Dragonite uses thunder wave; opponent is paralyzed
    3. Dragonite uses Roost; gets back to full health with Leftovers
    4. Repeat step 1; Dnite lives with even more health than before (no flying type)
    5. Repeat step 3
    and so on.

Here, two opposite potential hax are at stake. Dnite could get frozen or opponent will suffer parahax. Parahax has a higher percentage of hitting so theoretically I have the advantage. Once parahax hits and I'm at full health, I use Dragon Tail and repeat the entire process.

If I save choose to save him, he serves as a decent revenge killer with extremespeed.

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

Comment: Standard paraflinch set, with a bulky focus (since hopefully enemy team will be paralyzed). EVs could definitely use some work.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 240 HP / 92 Atk / 176 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Iron Head
    - Substitute
    - Fire Punch

Comment: Standard paraflinch set. Has worked wonders so far (why not?). Again, could use help with correct evs.

Sazandora (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse

Comment: I'm not quite so sure this guy should be here. I basically need a "finisher" but can't decide whether to put a set up sweeper or an all out attacker. Otherwise, this set is supposed to hit hard on the special side to balance out the physical threats I have on my team.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 88 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

Comment: Defense crux. Mostly need it to rescue Dragonite from ice beams and to pass monstrous wishes. Otherwise, it's here to toxic stall. This is another member of the team that I'm quite ready to switch if someone could suggest a better alternative. Also used to get rid of annoying statuses (frozen Dnite for example).

Dunsparce (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Glare
    - Headbutt
    - Bite
    - Roost

Comment: Give that Shaymin-S is banned on PO for Dream World OU, I have to settle with Dunsparce. I have not been disappointed. This guy can take way more attacks than I thought it would. Moreover, glare is an excellent way to paralyze Guts users or ground Pokemon (especially annoying Gliscors and Hippowdons).

So that's it: a team that capitalizes on probability and luck. Slightly gimmicky but has worked surprisingly well even when luck was not on my side. I'll gladly take any suggestions that will take this team to the next level. Thanks everyone!
  2. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

You need to expand your descriptions for Togekiss and Jirachi or I'll have to lock this thread under rule 3.
  3. silentshadow7

silentshadow7

Could just use thunderpunch on jirachi instead of thunder wave. After all with serene grace theres a high probability of parlyz anyway. If youre looking to replace blissey, theres always chansey. She doesnt get quite as destroyed by physical attacks. Same movesets too as her evolution.

rename this team the trolls or something because whoever plays against them will be mad.
    [​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)