NU My first RMT thread

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by ThePROlificHipster, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

Hello all. The arrogant PROlificHipster is here with his first thread in the RMT forums. This is my latest team that I have been testing and have been doing well with. My only loss comes to an obscure lead that I will mention later.

Team Building Process
    Show Hide

So, my team started off with one of my favorite Pokemon:

[​IMG]

I mean who doesn't love this thing? Let's be honest here, Exeggutor is best under permanent sun so I had to take this team on a new road.

So I thought to myself, who would be the perfect teammate for Exeggutor? Then this guy popped into my head:

[​IMG][​IMG]

These two go hand in hand in switches. Everything else regarding the team is just favorite Pokemon of mine honestly. But I decided I wanted a good scarf'd lead Poke with a good ability, a bluffed choice Poke, a Bulky poke and a good late game sweeper so my team ended up with this:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Something I kept in mind was to limit the amount of Pokemon with SR weaknesses because there really spinners in NU that fit my style. You may find the Caravanha hilarious but it gets the job done.

Well, here is my team and their roles:

[​IMG]
    Raichu @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Hidden Power Ice
    ~ Volt Switch

A fan favorite Pokemon (sorta) and in my eyes is the ALOMOMOLA DESTROYER. Putting my hate for Alomomola aside, Raichu is my dedicated lead almost 99% of the time unless for some reason I mistakenly choose that Levitating Mario head. With it's decent special attack, it will leave some holes in the opposition (but mainly it is used for scouting with Volt Switch) and should 2-hit KO any physical/special sweepers that do not resist any of its' moves. I mean the only reason why I am running Raichu over Electabuzz is because of Raichu's immunity to Electric-type attacks. So if you were to try using this team you can safely switch it out for it, but the more immunities the better.

[​IMG]
    Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Protect

This is probably a set you would've missed on the Smogon analysis page for Exeggutor if you hadn't scrolled down all the way on the bottom. That to me is honestly shocking because I will go out and say that this is probably Exeggutor's best set in NU. It has great physical bulk and sports key resistances to Fighting, Ground, Water, Electric, Grass, and Psychic. Setting up a sub on physical walls is quite easy for Exeggutor. His base 125 special attack is something most stallers dream to have so you can't expect to switch in on a STAB Psychic unless you resist it otherwise you will be taking some hefty damage. I decided not to invest any speed EVs because that's what you have your other teammates for and wanted it to have maxed out defenses. The only time this set has failed me was when I lead off with my Exeggutor and my opponent lead off with their Scarfed Belly Drum Linoone. I mean the odds of you predicting that is quite small. Let's just call that person lucky.

[​IMG]
    Probopass @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Power Gem
    ~ Volt Switch

This funny little mustache man goes hand in hand with Exeggutor. Sometimes I lead with him if I REALLY need to get my Stealth Rocks up early otherwise I'm really more of a late-game Stealth Rock player. There really isn't much to say about this set since it's pretty standard. I'm running Power Gem over Earth Power to avoid Sub-Bulk Braviary, plus it's STAB. One thing you must be wary of is Ice Punch on Sawk/Gurdurr so make sure to scout out your opponent's skill level before proceeding to switch into Exeggutor.

[​IMG]
    Sawk @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Ice Punch

Expert Belt makes a great choice item bluff. I've caught so many people off guard that it isn't funny. There is an art to bluffing the Expert Belt though and there is an art to scouting it. Make sure you delay it as long as possible or until you kill of the Pokemon you need to kill. I personally dislike the idea of being locked into a move and will even go so far to lose the 50% increase Choice Band offers. Raichu is more than enough and since Sawk doesn't run U-Turn or have the bulk to take a couple of hits, Expert Belt is good enough for me.

[​IMG]
    Magmar @ Eviolite
    Trait: Vital Spirit
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    ~ Lava Plume
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Mach Punch

Let's be honest, this set I just listed is terrible. I do not like too many Substitute sets on a team and think Exeggutor is more than enough. I was looking for a bulky fire type and eventually landed on Magmar. I am always open to suggestions to this set obviously. I am personally running Lava Plume over Fire Blast is because of the accuracy difference on a bulky attacker is way too low. Mach Punch may seem weird but its a priority move an is just used as a finished. I honestly don't know where to go with Magamar but I definitely know I want him as the role of bulky attacker.

[​IMG]
    Carvanha @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Ice Fang
    ~ Protect

Surprised this little runt doesn't have his own analysis. Sure, it has piss poor defenses but that doesn't mean it's terrible. Carvanha serves as the best late-game sweeper in NU. It's base 90 Attack is nothing to shun and if you don't have a priority move or don't resist any of its attacks, then prepare to be finished. With the tier looming with Psychic Pokemon, Carvanha is an instant threat to them. I decided to run Ice Fang over Aqua Jet for better coverage. Don't expect him to OHKO anything without Stealth Rock damage. His attack is good but not great so that's why he serves better as a late-game sweeper.

Anywho, let me know what you think and any suggestions. I definitely know that the Magmar set needs some work but overall it is a solid team.
  2. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i can see rain giving this team troubles since you have nothing to take powerful water-type attacks other than exeggutor, which is mauled by ice beam, a common coverage move. you can try running regice over magmar as the bulky attacker; it's huge special bulk allows it to survive any attack that special rain sweepers throw at it and retaliate back hard with ice beam or thunderbolt.

exeggutor should be running at least 84 speed ev's (taken out of defense) so you can set up a substitute before alomomola can toxic you. it's something that you'll probably be setting up a lot on.

you should try out flash cannon over thunder wave and max special attack on probopass since it prevents probopass and golem from walking all over you. the extra power really helps against offensive pokemon that try to switch in, such as sawk. one thing about probopass is that it either completely walls something or gets demolished, so the loss of bulk shouldn't be too noticeable.

if you want to lure pokemon out with sawk, try out the fist plate fling set instead of your current one. most of the time sawk will be spamming close combat, so fist plate definitely helps with that. the kicker here is that the item also turns fling into a 90 base power dark-type attack, which can help you get past counters such as misdreavus and musharna in certain situations.

summary of changes:

magmar —> regice
    exeggutor —> 84 speed ev's
    thunder wave —> flash cannon and max special attack on probopass
    sawk —> fist plate fling set

set(s) (open)
    Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Psychic
    - Substitute
    - Protect

Probopass @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    - Power Gem
    - Flash Cannon

Sawk (M) @ Fist Plate
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Fling
  3. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

I really hope you were joking with everything except Regice.

Starting with Probopass, why in the world would I ever stay in on Golem when its 4x weak to its STAB earthquake?

Again, the speed EVs aren't necessary when I have Probopass. Alomomola can only 4HKO it with Waterfall and ~6HKO with Scald.

So let me get this straight, you want me to take out Sawk's STAB CC for Fling? isthisreallife.jpg

I will definitely try the Regice set you listed. Seems like it would be a good fit on my team. Thanks.
  4. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i meant take out stone edge for fling, sorry for that lol!

probopass is meant to hit golem on the switch-in with flash cannon, since it does a hefty amount of damage against it. this is even more important against piloswine since it can hit a large amount of your team hard.

if you don't want to run the speed ev's then that's fine i guess
  5. ThePROlificHipster

ThePROlificHipster

Sawk @ Expert Belt OHKO both Golem and Piloswine. Now the problem with adding Regice is Charizard or any Sunny Day team since Probopass only takes Neutral damage. I'm definitely keeping my options open on the bulky attacker spot.
  6. Aasgier

Aasgier

If you are afraid of Sun teams, you could try a Chlorophyll user of your own, or Gardevoir which can Trace Chlorophyll and start to wreak havoc after it did so. Use the moves of the type you really want to cover, whether that, outside of Psychic or Psyshock, be Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power [Ground], Will-O-Wisp or any other move, is something you should find out for yourself. Gardevoir can run many sets, whether Scarf, Specs, Life Orb, Expert Belt, Wise Glasses or Leftovers.

It can also run any support set with Dual Screens, or Will-O-Wisp, Wish and Heal Bell, or a Calm Mind set with or without Substitute. There are so many options on Gardevoir, that it is no wonder it is #4 in usage in NU.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)