My First RMT

DrShellgon BW OU RMT- My First Sandstorm team for BW OU, featuring Ttar and co. Peaked #7 on Pokemon SHowdown!under the usage of friend called adsaarash :)

Hi, this is my first RMT post so it might be kinda brief. I’m kinda new to BW, but I liked to try things out so this is what I came up with. It's just a Sand team which is based around trying to get Gliscor to sweep. I thought I'd try and get some feedback to further improve the team- The only alterations I’ve made since starting the team, are: the replacement of Lucario with
Terrakion; The shift from SubDance Terrakion to Scarf, and the change from HP Ice on Rotom-Wash to HP Fire. (BTW please don't judge me based on my bad stats on Showdown and PO, and sorry if there are not much pictures- i'm new to this).

TTar and Co. Team at a glance:
[pimg]675[/pimg]

Building process: In the beginning, I had always wanted to sweep with an SD

Lucario- it may seem weird cos he isn’t in the team, but we’ll brush that thought aside for the moment. Counters to the upright jackal were Conkeldurr and Gliscor, so Gliscor and Rotom-Wash were chosen to take on the red nose construction worker, and everyone's favourite scorpion bat mutant thing. CB Scizor, one of the best priority users, and U-turn scouts was put into the team to help revenge kill common threats, and help soften up the opponent. Ttar was chosen as a lead to start sandstorm, which helps with the weather war, and set up Stealth Rock. Celebi was picked to take care of Grass weak threats such as Gastrodon and Rotom, as well as comfortably walling rain teams. After the first few matches i played, it became apparent that Lucario wasn't pulling his own weight, and Gliscor was taking most of the glory by abusing his coverage and Sand Veil. it was because of this, that Terrakion took Lucario's place as a SubDancer, but soon after, despite the successes of Terrakion and Gliscor, Terrakion had to abndon his post as a setup sweeper, and assume the role of a fast Scarfer. I can have problems against Rain, Hail and stall, but i find that if i play well, and stop them from setting up hazards, then i have a good chance of winning. However, after the advice of raters, i have changed the sets on tyranitar, rotom-wash, and have changed celebi to lat@s. i am also deciding between gliscor and landorus. but landorus rocks!!!!

So without further ado, I present Ttar and co.:

Ttar (Tyranitar) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Comments: Well, the lead of the team fills out many roles- She carries my only form of entry hazards, and, in light of the absence of a Rapid Spinner on my team, attempts to scare off Ferrothorn, Forretress and the like with Fire Blast. She also sets up sandstorm to help Gliscor and Terrakion, deals with incoming Gliscors, and other Pokemon with 4x Ice weakness, and the Spd makes her a very aggressive Special wall. Crunch acts as a solid physical Stab, but the absence of a Rock Stab move can be disappointing. overall the basic strategy is to set up Stealthrock, and proceed to stay alive to keep the sand going. She is also my only hope in changing the weather against Hail teams, which i am scared of because of Abomasnow and his Wood Hammer. Now with the change from Ice Beam to Pursuit, Ttar can now annihilate Lat@s - as advised by Lavos Spawn

Bleurgh (Latias) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf
- Psyshock

Helps to check musketeers (including pony) ,most genies and grass and bulky waters, and provides great elemental resistances. Fast and can easily OHKOs threats to the team. Simple EV spread, and lack of HP Fire means it outspeeds other Lati@s, all other unscarfed dragons and unscarfed musketeers, and proceeds to KO them with the appropriate move. Draco Meteor serves much the same purpose as Celebi's Leaf Storm, except with better typing. fills in same team role of Celebi, primarily as a supporter. Unsure if there is need for bulkier spread, and also unsure about which twin to use. For the moment, i am using latias, because her extra bulk can help her Roost more easily- and Roost is chosen cos it can trick people into thinking she loses Levitate. Credits to MysticNova for the suggestions.

[pimg]675[/pimg]
MrReplacement (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 168 Spd / 88 HP >>>252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature >>> Timid
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Comments: This guy smashes Sun. the basic strategy is to clean with this 'hobo on a cloud', by coming in on a choice-locked electric, fighting or ground attack, and get a free Rock Polish. Earth Power is the main spamming move, and deals massive damage to nearly everything. Focus Blast's Awkward coverage takes out Rotom-W, Skarmory and comfortably damages the blobs. HP Ice rounds off the coverage of this late game sweeper. Speed EVs, allow Landorus to outspeed neutral 90's, creadits to Lavos Spawn for his awesome suggestion and EV spread. Underestimate him (both the user and the genie) at your own peril.

WashingItDown (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 230 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split.

Comments: My counter to special threats, and half of the infamous VoltTurn Duo. Sometimes I use it as a lead, to Volt Switch to Ttar, in order to get momentum and rack up damage. Problem is Rotom shares a Grass type weakness with Ttar, but Ttar is often bulky enough to tank it out. Rotom serves as a switchin to Tornadus Therian, and this specially defensive set, will last longer on the field, due to bulk, Pain Split and leftovers in the sand, compared to the previous choice set. Rotom also takes care of rain teams. Credits to Harsha :)

TheFatOne (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Comments: I am a still a bit sad I kicked Lucario off the team. In fact it was Lucario whom I based and centred this team around. But after a few bouts, it seemed Lucario wasn’t pulling his own weight, and Gliscor was taking most of the glory, so a suitable Fighting type had to take the upright jackal’s place. Terrakion seemed fitting with the Sandstorm Special Defence boost. Initially I used SubDance, but the need for a very fast Scarfer was in more need. Terrakion's Stabs have unbelievable coverage, only resisted by a select few, namely Golurk, Claydol, Toxicroak, Nidoking, and a few more in the lower tiers. Stone Edge is the move of choice when dealing with Volcarona (where i epect Terrakion can take on a boosted Hidden Power Ground) and some Dragons. Earthquake is used to hit Toxicroak and Tentacruel harder. Close Combat is an excellent Stab to abuse, while X-Scissor deals with the Grass types like Celebi, I'd rather not use Stone Edge on.

APairOfScissors (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Comments: I only realized when I exported this team, that the reason why my CB Scizor was so fast, and not-so-bulky, was because I had somehow mixed up the HP and Special Defencs EVs up. But - it's all remedied, and I don’t think it has lost me any crucial battles yet. Anyway this is the second half (or first depending on how you see it) of VoltTurn. CB Scizor helps in scouting, with U-turn, revenge killing many threats, and trapping Psychic and Ghost types. Superpower is a great move for taking out Magnezone and Heatran, though it would be nice if Gamefreak gave it Flamewheel to take out other Scizors. The extra speed allows me to outspeed most other CB Scizor (I'm assuming the role of Scizor :o ) and yet still alowing me to switch in to SR 8 times with Hp left over ;).

Conclusion:
Thanks for reading my first RMT, and dealing with my inexperience. Hearing from my friend, who's not such a bad player himself (he prefers to be anonymous) says its a solid team. Any tips on helping me deal with my problem of no rapid spinners, and my phobia of Hail stall, and all stall in general, is greatly appreciated, so please don't hesitate. Changes will be in bold.. also, when making suggestions keep in mind my massive grass weakness, and susceptibilty to Sun teams with Dugtrio. Thanks

Importable
Ttar (Tyranitar) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Bleurgh (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf
- Psyshock

MrReplacement (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 168 Spd / 88 HP
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Maxx 900 (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 230 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

TheFatOne (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

APairOfScissors (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I cant give much advice but I would change Hidden Power Fire on Rotom to Thunderbolt as you have Fire Blast on Ttar

I cant give much advice but I would change Hidden Power Fire on Rotom to Thunderbolt as you have Fire Blast on Ttar
Thanks for for your advice- i currently don't have HP fire on rotom, but i lose some revenge killing potential on rotom if i op for tbolt :s. is that what you mean?

can you think of anything to deal with stall? or entry hazards to be more specific, apart from scaring the opponents off

This is a pretty solid sand offense team, it really reminds me of the old sand offense in BW1. I think there are a few ways you can actually improve it, though. Right now, you have absolutely no switch-ins for Tornadus-T, one of the more prominent Pokemon in this metagame. That's pretty troublesome because you either forfeit momentum or forfeit a Pokemon every time it switches in. You already have a dedicated revenge killer and cleaner in Terrakion, so the easiest way to fix this is to use specially defensive Rotom-W over your current Choice Scarf set. I don't really think you'll miss Choice Scarf Rotom-W much, especially because it cannot regain its health and it takes hazard damage and sand damage every time you send it out. It's way too easy to wear down, especially on a VoltTurn team. The specially defensive set has Leftovers with a spread of 248 HP / 32 SpA / 228 SpD and a Calm nature. The moveset it Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Will-O-Wisp, and Pain Split.

With this change, you don't really need Celebi as much. This is optional in my eyes, but I think I'd change out Celebi for a Starmie instead. Starmie provides a few things that are useful for this team: it allows you to deal with more defensive teams due to Natural Cure, Recover, and Rapid Spin, and it gives you a faster Pokemon that can answer a lot of threats when you don't feel like sending out Terrakion or Scizor, if need be. I'd run Leftovers on a bulky set with 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe and a Timid nature. The moveset would be Rapid Spin, Recover, Scald, and Psyshock. This is also one of the best switch-ins to current rain stall, so that's a boon in itself, considering you don't want to risk a burn or poisoning on any of your Pokemon. You don't really need Thunder Wave support for this team to shine, so it seems like the perfect replacement to me. Good luck, I hope I helped.

Hi. Great team for the first RMT. But i think you're overusing choice items-half of your team is equipped with them, which is bad cuz it brings you more and more difficult predictions. So to reduce the amount of scarfers and banders, i suggest you should change Rotom-W"s set into a bulky attacker. It should look like this:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split

I tried this thing and it functions very well. You may go max hp and defense but your team is offensive oriented so i think that using this set will be better. For informaion about the EVs, search for it on-site. I'm too lazy to copy and paste it for you here.

For Terrakion, you can try using the double dance set. the scarfed one is getting more mainstream and predictable, so you have a lot of chances to setup.

For Gliscor, is suggest using this ev spread: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def / 226 Spe
Max attack is for obvious reason, the harder it hits the better it gets. 226 Spe is to outpace 80 base speed pokemon such as Dragonite. The remaining EVs are used to increase bulk. 32 HP EVs=299 HP, because your Gliscor has no way to recover it's health so an odd HP number increases the amount of time it can switch in to SR. The reamining 4 EVs is added to Def for more bulk.
That's all i can help.PS: i can't imagine an adult like you playing pokemon.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Nice team, looks solid. The lineup is definitely something you saw quite often back in the days of BW1. Anyways, Harsha covered pretty much everything I was going to suggest about six minutes before I got here, so I'll be brief. In the meantime, implement all the changes he suggested, they're good ones.

First, your Tyranitar needs some work. In my opinion, Ice Beam really doesn't do a whole lot in the current metagame, so I'd drop it and opt for Pursuit instead. This lets you catch many a Pokemon trying to escape from Tyranitar because they're walled by it, most notably the Lati twins, who, if packing Hidden Power Fire, could be very annoying for this team. With Pursuit, they're essentially out of the equation. I would also suggest using a Chople Berry over Leftovers, which lets you tank attacks such as Gengar's Focus Blast and random Gothitelle HP Fighting, and OHKO back with Crunch. This item shift will let Tyranitar fill more of its designated role on your team as a hazard setter and secondary special wall. Finally, change the EVs to 252 HP | 40 SAtk | 216 SDef, as this will let you live 2 Choice Specs Surfs from Latios after Stealth Rock damage, guaranteed.

My other piece of advice would be to give Sheer Force Landorus a try over your current AcroBat Gliscor. Landorus, while normally seen as a physically-based Pokemon, can pack a big punch with Sheer Force + Life Orb STAB Earth Power. In addition, its usable coverage and access to Rock Polish can turn it into a deadly sweeper in no time flat. It's also a lot harder to wall than Gliscor, due to its excellent special power. The set that I am suggesting is below.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 168 Spd / 88 HP
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rock Polish up to +2 Speed and sweep from there. I elected to use Modest over Timid Landorus because the extra punch from the SAtk boost is enough to ensure OHKOs after hazards on things like Keldeo that otherwise would easily survive. The EV spread itself allows Landorus to outspeed Adamant Lucario and max Speed Heatran while still maintaining enough to outspeed virtually any Choice Scarfer after a Rock Polish. Hidden Power [Ice] and Focus Blast are purely used for coverage purposes. Keep in mind that Sheer Force prevents Life Orb recoil on both Earth Power and Focus Blast, because they have secondary effects, but using HP Ice will make you take 10% damage.

That's about all I have for you. Again, nice team. I hope you consider implementing the changes I've suggested. Best of luck!

Thanks guys for taking the time to write these constructive pieces of advice, and i will be sure to implement them. BTW i'm not an adult and im still a little kiddie ;P. also 226 is not divisible by 4, so i will change it to 236, 16 hp, and 4 def so 295 hp.
im still adamant about keeping terrakion as a scarfer- though double dance will be a good sweeper. but the notes about rotom changes seems good. i'll follow harsha's advice about spec def rotom wash, and the change from celebi to starmie, as that will help against stall and hazards. i will try landorus out- it seems like a good special change, and i will altar ttar as well. though icebeam has helped me in the past, pursuit and chople berry might show to benefit me more. thanks guys for helping me out with the team, and wishing me luck with this team.

also, about the landorus set, it differs from the set on smogon- the extra bulk will compensate for the speed drop i assume?

This team is pretty nice, but has a few flaws. It has huge problems with Hydreigon, walling Tyranitar, Starmie, and Rotom-W, while nailing Tyranitar with Superpower, destroying Starmie with either Draco Meteor or Dark Pulse, while dealing upwards up 73% to Rotom-W. Substitute versions will be able to set up on the aforementioned three, and deal even more damage. Landorus does not outspeed before a boost, while Scizor is nailed by Fire Blast. When paired with Gliscor or Jellicent, you'll have an even harder time trying to contain Hydreigon. To help remedy this, I would recommend you use maximum speed on Landorus so it can out speed and hit Hydreigon with Focus Blast. Next, with the removal of Choice Scarf Rotom-W and Celebi, you are losing quite a bit of offensive potential, so I would recommend you change your Starmie to a LO Latios. Starmie is alright for spin support, but this team doesn't really need it. Latios provides great offensive capabilities, outspeeding and destroying Hydreigon with Draco Meteor, while offering good speed and bulk. It also gives you additional resistances to Electric and, most notably, Grass. Celebi can come in on Starmie or Rotom-W and gets super effective hit on 4 of your Pokemon and nails Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The move set should be Draco Meteor, Surf, Hidden Power Fire / Psyshock, Roost. The Evs should be 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe with a Timid nature. Latias with the same moves, Evs, and nature could also work for tanking hits much better. If you opt for Psyshock, it can help you check Terrakion in sand, who causes you some more problems than normal with the removal of Gliscor.

Alternatively, you could keep Starmie and change Rotom-W to a Specially Defensive Heatran. If you do this, I recommend you change Starmie to a Life Orb variant. Your team is not affected too much by entry hazards, so having spin support throughout the game is not vital. Additionally, Bulky Starmie has no chance of getting a spin on Jellicent, who is a major defensive threat to your team. Finally, Bulky Starmie is just piss weak and I personally hate it. You should be using Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Rapid Spin and 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe Timid . Standard Specially Defensive Heatran checks Tornadus-T very well while also taking on most Celebi. A major reason to use Heatran is because if you lose the weather war against sun, Venusaur can destroy this team as Stone Edge and Bullet Punch don't even come close to KOing, and Giga Drain can keep Venusaur healthy. Timid variants will flat out destroy you. Heatran should be running Shed Shell to check Genesect as Dugtrio is commonly paired with it on sun teams. With Heatran taking care of Stealth Rock, you may also opt to use a different set for Tyranitar, since Mix Attacker Tyranitar is honestly not too great. CB Tyranitar would retain some bulk while giving you a powerful attacker. On the other hand, Heatran really appreciates having Roar or Earth Power.

Landorus>> Maximum Speed
Starmie>> LO Latios/ Latias
or
Starmie>> Life Orb variant
Rotom-W>> Specially Defensive Heatran with Shed Shell
Optional: Tyranitar>> CB variant

Hope this will help and GL

Overall this team is pretty good, but there are a few weak points here and there.
First of all, you have no reliable physical wall. Sure, Gliscor is bulky on the physical side, but you gave it no investment whatsoever. You have two options, 1.change the gliscor set or 2.use physically defensive skarmory, as that will really patch up your weaknesses
For your terakion ik this won't make ahuge differenece but replace rock slide with eq, as it allows terrakion to hit tentacruel and heatran better, while rock slide can also miss aside from flinching.
Lastly, replace pursuit on tyranitar with ice beam. Uninvested pursuits won't be doing too much to the opponent even if they try to switch out. And gliscor often want to switch in on t tar thinking that it can wall it, but boom it goes down 6-5. I'd also increase the amount of spec atk evs.

hope I helped:D

Overall this team is pretty good, but there are a few weak points here and there.
First of all, you have no reliable physical wall. Sure, Gliscor is bulky on the physical side, but you gave it no investment whatsoever. You have two options, 1.change the gliscor set or 2.use physically defensive skarmory, as that will really patch up your weaknesses
For your terakion ik this won't make ahuge differenece but replace rock slide with eq, as it allows terrakion to hit tentacruel and heatran better, while rock slide can also miss aside from flinching.
Lastly, replace pursuit on tyranitar with ice beam. Uninvested pursuits won't be doing too much to the opponent even if they try to switch out. And gliscor often want to switch in on t tar thinking that it can wall it, but boom it goes down 6-5. I'd also increase the amount of spec atk evs.

hope I helped:D

thanks for the feedback :)
hmm so many conflicting views- increase/decrease spa of ttar, icebeam/pursuit idk what to do.

yeah i might change rs to eq on terrakion
playtesting with the team, i haven't seen too much of a need for a dedicated physical wall, cos well i haven't been in need of it at all, since this team is offensively oriented. but i'll see how it goes in the days to come.

This team is pretty nice, but has a few flaws. It has huge problems with Hydreigon, walling Tyranitar, Starmie, and Rotom-W, while nailing Tyranitar with Superpower, destroying Starmie with either Draco Meteor or Dark Pulse, while dealing upwards up 73% to Rotom-W. Substitute versions will be able to set up on the aforementioned three, and deal even more damage. Landorus does not outspeed before a boost, while Scizor is nailed by Fire Blast. When paired with Gliscor or Jellicent, you'll have an even harder time trying to contain Hydreigon. To help remedy this, I would recommend you use maximum speed on Landorus so it can out speed and hit Hydreigon with Focus Blast. Next, with the removal of Choice Scarf Rotom-W and Celebi, you are losing quite a bit of offensive potential, so I would recommend you change your Starmie to a LO Latios. Starmie is alright for spin support, but this team doesn't really need it. Latios provides great offensive capabilities, outspeeding and destroying Hydreigon with Draco Meteor, while offering good speed and bulk. It also gives you additional resistances to Electric and, most notably, Grass. Celebi can come in on Starmie or Rotom-W and gets super effective hit on 4 of your Pokemon and nails Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The move set should be Draco Meteor, Surf, Hidden Power Fire / Psyshock, Roost. The Evs should be 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe with a Timid nature. Latias with the same moves, Evs, and nature could also work for tanking hits much better. If you opt for Psyshock, it can help you check Terrakion in sand, who causes you some more problems than normal with the removal of Gliscor.

Alternatively, you could keep Starmie and change Rotom-W to a Specially Defensive Heatran. If you do this, I recommend you change Starmie to a Life Orb variant. Your team is not affected too much by entry hazards, so having spin support throughout the game is not vital. Additionally, Bulky Starmie has no chance of getting a spin on Jellicent, who is a major defensive threat to your team. Finally, Bulky Starmie is just piss weak and I personally hate it. You should be using Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Rapid Spin and 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe Timid . Standard Specially Defensive Heatran checks Tornadus-T very well while also taking on most Celebi. A major reason to use Heatran is because if you lose the weather war against sun, Venusaur can destroy this team as Stone Edge and Bullet Punch don't even come close to KOing, and Giga Drain can keep Venusaur healthy. Timid variants will flat out destroy you. Heatran should be running Shed Shell to check Genesect as Dugtrio is commonly paired with it on sun teams. With Heatran taking care of Stealth Rock, you may also opt to use a different set for Tyranitar, since Mix Attacker Tyranitar is honestly not too great. CB Tyranitar would retain some bulk while giving you a powerful attacker. On the other hand, Heatran really appreciates having Roar or Earth Power.

Landorus>> Maximum Speed
Starmie>> LO Latios/ Latias
or
Starmie>> Life Orb variant
Rotom-W>> Specially Defensive Heatran with Shed Shell
Optional: Tyranitar>> CB variant
Hope this will help and GL
thanks for this- my friend once said he had problems with hydreigon, so thanks for pointing it out. also thanks for mentioning the grass weakness- i overlooked it. your advice is really constructive, but im not too sure about getting rid of rotom wash- but i'll try your ideas to make sure im not being weird. again, thanks- i've always wanted to use heatran and latios
btw is venusaur with chlorophyll legal with gigadrain now?

sorry if i unintentionally bumped this thread-

just bumping this thread to hopefully get more rates :) i've made significant changes to some pokemon and hoping for more insight into how to make it more efficient

Hey Dr Shellgon thanks for the pm nice sand team!

Now after the help you have gotten from every one and this team being quite good their isn't really to much wrong with this team. However as you mentioned in the op stall seems like an issue and so are entry hazards. Your not really hazards weak in the sense that hazards do alot of damage to your team. After all you have 3 Spikes and Toxic Spikes immunities and two Stealth Rock resists. It's the fact that your team has Scizor+Rotom-W ths core cause alot of switches and without Rapid Spin support they can't live up to their fullest potential because they will eventaully get worn down by hazards damage. It also limits the amount of times Terrakion can come in to revenge kill.

To help against this you might want to go with Life Orb Starmie>Latias This still gives you a fighting and water-type resist while he can't exactly counter the muskaters they can't switch in either as Keldeo gets damage heaps by Thunderbolt, Virizion by Ice Beam and Terrakion by Hydro Pump. However Starmie's biggest perk is his Rapid Spin getting the hazards of the field to help you in combating stall teams. With Ice Beam gone on your Tyranitar Starmie gives you another pokemon with Ice-Type coverage helping you against Dragon-Types but more importantly SubToxic Gliscor who you really only have Rotom-W to use against hit and if your opponent is behind a Substitute or predicts a Rotom-W switch in the Rotom-W will get crippled by Toxic. Starmie is also a great offensive pokemon to use against rain teams being able to abuse a boosted Hydro Pump and threaten opposing water-types with Thunderbolt. Without Latias you do miss out on alot of bulk but Tyranitar and Rotom-W both have good special bulk anyway.

Good Luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Rapid Spin | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam

Tl;dr

Starmie--->Latias

~Superpowerdude

Thanks for the rate superpowerdude - that's +3 for starmie, and +2 for life orb starmie from raters. im gonna test it out. :)

BTW will the sandstorm damage + lifeorb recoil cause a quick death for starmie/lati@s?

i'll edit the rmt, when i've tested starmie a bit more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)