ORAS Doubles OU My First (Somewhat) Successful Team!

Hey guys! I'm very new at competitive battling so please bear with me. I use this team for double battles on the Battle Spot as of now; I've never used them in any rating doubles (or any team in any kind of rating battles!). I'm running a team that all resists and in one case benefits from the sandstorm weather condition; so Rock, Steel, and Ground types. Well, except for one, a Grass type.

I lead off with these two most of the time, considering that they have good synergy.

Mega Tyranitar holding Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
IVs are all 31 except for SpAtk, 4 EVs in HP, 252 in Atk, 252 in Spe
Ability is Sand Stream
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide
Ice Punch

Gliscor, no held item
Adamant nature
31 IVs in all but SpAtk, 4 EVS in Def, 252 in Atk and Spe
Ability is Sand Veil
U-turn
Acrobatics
Roost
Swords Dance

If an opponent leads out with a type vulnerable to rock, I go for a Rock Slide on Mega TTar. It'll usually 2HKO the vulnerable one if they're not properly defended by their support. I'll use Rock Slide even if the supporting Pokemon is resistant against rock, just to get in hits to both Pokemon and wear them down. Crunch is a powerful STAB to use, and I might boost my stats along the line with Dragon Dance. Ice Punch is for freezing and type coverage. For Gliscor, I first use a Swords Dance, then an Acrobatics. I use U-turn to bail out whenever I might be in danger of being KO'd, and for coverage against dark types. Roost is for when I'm not so critically endangered as to bail out with U-Turn.

I also use Garchomp, Klefki, Aegislash, and Jirachi, but I use Jirachi less often, and the final slot on my team is up for debate. I want to mainly use the last slot as a type coverage poke, because most of my current team is somewhat limited in coverage. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Garchomp holding Rocky Helmet
Adamant nature
Again, 31 IVs in all but sp.atk, 4 HP EVs, 252 Atk and Speed
Rough Skin ability
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Dragon Claw

The only reason I'm not choosing Outrage over Dragon Claw is because I don't want to risk being locked into an attack with confusion at the end. Iron Head destroys fairies (hopefully giving them a bit of a surprise too!), rock slide and earthquake for wide range.

Klefki with Light Clay
Bold nature
31 IVs, 252 HP evs, 64 Def evs, 192 Sp.Def evs
Prankster ability
Light Screen
Reflect
Thunder Wave
Toxic

Purely support and status staller. She can last in a battle long enough to inflict a nasty Toxic and set up barriers. She has to watch out for Brick Break pokes, though. (I'm kinda salty about how Klefki can't learn Will-o-Wisp, but oh well.)

Aegislash with Leftovers
Quiet nature
31 IVs, 252 HP EVs, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Atk
Stance Change
King's Shield
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon

Good balance between kings shield and attacking with its primary STAB moves.

Trevenant holding Sitrus Berry
Careful nature
31 IVs, 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpDef
Harvest
Substitute
Will-o-wisp
Leech Seed
Phantom Force

Alternates between substitute and phantom force after burning and setting up leech seeds on the target, becoming very hard to hit

That's all I have for now. I love this team because it's racked me up 26 wins in 3 sessions of Battle Spot, and I know there are better teams out there, but this one's for me, I think. Thank you if you do decide to rate!

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
As you've stated, this is a vgc team, so it should be labeled as that rather than smogon doubles, a different tier. Also, your thread is likely to be locked by a mod if you don't lengthen your descriptions, but I have a feeling your team is beyond saving anyway.

Unfortunately, your team is unviable in general, and requires huge changes to the overall team concept. I'd suggest borrowing a sample team and familiarizing yourself with the meta before making an rmt.

A common problem with making an entire team immune to sand is that your team variety, both offensive and defensive, is greatly reduced. Your team can be crippled or beaten entirely by single pokemon, due to overlapping weaknesses. For example, rotom wash burns your entire team, while you can't touch it in any way.

Also, you're running some pretty bad sets and mons. Gliscor is extremely outclassed by landorus therian offensively and defensively, and klefki has little offensive presence. Toxic is a move that should almost never be used, as doubles is an inherently fast paced format with no time for stall.

Don't think of this as a putdown. Instead, think of this as a starting point for improvement. Try first learning more about the tier: there are many resources on nuggetbridge and showdown lobbies. In turn, you'll become a stronger competitive player.

Everything Yellow Paint said was right, but I'll just add some stuff more specifically :o

Mega Tyranitar is bad in smogon doubles, I'm not sure if it's any better in VGC but not a good choice for a slot kang could occupy.

Run 0 Speed IVs on Aegislash unless you have something you want to hit (it's what i do normally i guess)

Protect is a big thing you should be running, it stalls turns and protects you while your partner is free to move.

Amoonguss is probably better then trevenant and although already stated Gliscor isn't good and klefki isn't the best fit most of the time

Use the importable format:
(Sample Set)
Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect
- Helping Hand

Go to your teambuilder on Pokemon Showdown and while in the team view, click Import/Export to access it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)