1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My first team about hail

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Firion the rose rebel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Firion the rose rebel

Firion the rose rebel

HAIL
    (First of all,sorry for my bad english)
    So, I'm new at this site,from some weeks i found myself highly interested in pokèmon battles.After reading lots of things here,and learning a bit via battling,i decided to do a team,so i can learn more,play with fun,and who knows,one day share my toughts :)

I choosed Hail because it instantly entered in my mind while thinking on a team to do,and because i saw really few of them while battling before.

Here's my team:

[​IMG]
    Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Shard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Earthquake

Well,best ability for hail,i suppose.
    The EV spread is custom ,as i wanted to make him hit other weather n summoners,and he does it now. Thanks to focus sash,enemies's Ninetales can't kill me as they think,and a combination of earthquake + ice shard kills it.

[​IMG]
    Reuniclus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 48 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Focus blast
    - Psishock
    - Recover
    - Calm mind

Useful with fight types,and Blissey.
    She is pretty good at tanking some threats too,but sometimes she dies too much fast,so i'm not sure how to make it better for my taste.Oh,and psishock maybe is my only way to really hit blissey,because every other teammate has only special attacks,so i rely on her lots in this cases.

[​IMG]
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water absorb
    EVs: 248 Hp / 216 Def / 44 Spe
    Bold nature (Def +, -Atk)
    ~ Scald
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Recover
    ~ Taunt
    REally fits my team.Taking fight types with his resistances,as long as Volcarona. Scald and Will-O-Wisp are useful to burn most troublesome opponents,Scizor the most. With taunt i can put ferrothorn/forretress to hell,as other tanks. First i had heatran here,but it just seemed ankward in my team.I really prefer jellicent,it really gives a boost to my team ,i think.

[​IMG]
    Kyurem @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Blizzard
    - Focus blast
    - Draco meteor
    - Outrage

The star of the team.Can take down most things easily. Yeah,he is so frail,but coming out generically at late game,he has enough time to do his job,with most counters taken out previously.Even steel types suffers from him,thanks to the powerful focus blast he has.
    Sadly,some dragons can kill him before he has a chance to attack

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    - Rapid spin

As my team hates stealth rocks,and others hazards,i choosed her for spinning away all.Fast,strong,covering fire,fight,steel weakness. Most frail thunder pokèmons get really hurt too with a 100% chance of hitting from blizzard,sometimes killing them before they harm me.It's risky,but she always did this job really well for now. I tried a version with recover instead of blizzard,but most times she needed to heal,it was never enough for her to survive,so i opted for a sort of sweeper set.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-F @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain split
    - Substitute

Just lovely. Hard hitting with blizzard and bolt,taking his hp away with substitute,and splitting to cure.Found it realy useful,in my opinion.I sweeped most of the opponent's team so much with him,that probably is the best sweeper of the team,at least for most of the early game.

So,what do you think of it? I played for days with this team,making it better each time i saw some trouble,i think is enough to say is not so bad,but never found major issues troubling it,except pokèmons who bulks up or things like that really fast.I think there are too much pokemons weak to fight,and i will like to put both heatran and jellicent,but duno wjho to take out instead,Any kind of help is appreciated :)
  2. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

a few of your descriptions need lengthening before it is likely to recieve any rates. your thread will be locked if you do not expand upon your context for each individual pokemon in your team.
  3. Trickzio

Trickzio

While just skimming through the post I saw Earthquake on Heatran, with no attacking EVs or natures.
    Why not Earth Power? Was that a mistake? Earthquake is considered a physical move (which makes no sense, but considering the lack of any reliable ground-type physical moves without, I suppose that it's plausible).
  4. Firion the rose rebel

Firion the rose rebel

Edited,hoping it can be accepted now ^^

Yeah, a mistake ^^' In italian these two moves have really different names,so when i translate earth power,i always misunderstand with earthquake.
  5. Firion the rose rebel

Firion the rose rebel

YEah,recover is way better,no need of more ice power from her anyway ^^

For rotom,i tried leftovers on him,but never saved it for a real threat,and with life orb recoil i can do better the pain split,if timed well.

And abomasnow....yeah,my tricky part of the team.Most people i fought just focused on try to kill it with their weather summoner,so i preferred to make him a sort of counter for them. It worked lots like this,making me not fear from others weathers.
    Still,i'm not sure ,it's really so bad? Just to know,i don't wanna stay with it if it's so bad for all others ^^' But if is just a preference,i think i take it as it is,it's my style

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)